DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently we are back to no manual 4 door base which thought was an error that was fixed a while back but who knows. This is a huge issue and may force me out or to a higher trim level.
Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
A Base 4dr 2.7l, autotrans, MIC hardtop would work for me to keep the price reasonable. Odd the tow package isn't available on Base, must be a glitch, need that.

Black Diamond seems a nice upgrade but I would put stronger 2.5" shocks on it anyway. I can't have 46mm shocks on the rough washboard roads I travel, aftermarket will provide. Add aftermarket tires to the Base for ground clearance, better skids if necessary, never needed a rear locker in 40 years of offroading in the Four Corner states.

I just can't see the higher trims having good bang for the buck compared to aftermarket upgrades to the Base.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Base 4dr 2.7l, autotrans, MIC hardtop would work for me to keep the price reasonable. Odd the tow package isn't available on Base, must be a glitch, need that.

Black Diamond seems a nice upgrade but I would put stronger 2.5" shocks on it anyway. I can't have 46mm shocks on the rough washboard roads I travel, aftermarket will provide. Add aftermarket tires to the Base for ground clearance, better skids if necessary, never needed a rear locker in 40 years of offroading in the Four Corner states.

I just can't see the higher trims having good bang for the buck compared to aftermarket upgrades to the Base.
What tire size would you be upgrading to? What kind of offroading was your normal? Mine at least for the first several years will not be going past anything harder than an "easy" trail or Forest Service type road, no real rocks or mud holes. I'm sure aftermarket will have a good solution for the tow package, Ford has said one isn't available for the Base. I'd really like to be able to tow a small camper with it!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If no manual On 4 door Base, I may just go 2 door Base Mansquatch. $38k Including some accessories. That’s a crazy capable rig for the $$.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If no manual On 4 door Base, I may just go 2 door Base Mansquatch. $38k Including some accessories. That’s a crazy capable rig for the $$.
Wait - there is no mansqatch available, is there? There wasn't an hour ago, lol. Sasquatch automatically adds auto trans + advanced 4x4.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait - there is no mansqatch available, is there? There wasn't an hour ago, lol. Sasquatch automatically adds auto trans + advanced 4x4.
There isn’t right now but there will be eventually but you can’t even get a Base manual 4 door WITHOUT Squatch on the B&P

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have accepted no manual with Sasquatch. I see with the 10 speed auto Susquatch they add the advanced 4x4 auto. I wanted that anyway. All of this learning curve is part of rolling it out.
I think Ford is doing a great job creating something new.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shhh, Don't tell Ford, but I very happy with my build. Basesquatch, 2.3, Auto. Squatch includes auto so I'm thrilled and Adv 4x4 (I didn't know Squatch included that, although some of you have been saying that for awhile) and the roof rack/rails are $395 rather than the rumored $800, so I'm good. $36K

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread vehicle

VB is just a place holder color until I make my mind up. Might go with it if it's not late availability.

I also noticed as you change exterior color the color of the interior door trim changes to match....pretty cool.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want the automatic trans, I'd agree.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I'm going to check that out, if it holds I'm in.

EDIT: Adding Squatch (for $5700) OR V-6 (for $1895) includes the auto, but non Squatch auto adds $1595 OR adding V-6 to Squatch adds $1895, (upping my build to $38K) so you're paying for auto twice or they messed up and it should not nave been included in Squatch OR V-6 or both. We'll see.

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shhh, Don't tell Ford, but I very happy with my build. Basesquatch, 2.3, Auto. Squatch includes auto so I'm thrilled and Adv 4x4 (I didn't know Squatch included that, although some of you have been saying that for awhile) and the roof rack/rails are $395 rather than the rumored $800, so I'm good. $36K

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread vehicle

VB is just a place holder color until I make my mind up. Might go with it if it's not late availability.

I also noticed as you change exterior color the color of the interior door trim changes to match....pretty cool.
I'm still 90% in with a 2-door base manual (and my own choice of 33" tires added after) for 30k. But your build (with the mentioned V6 in other comments) has me thinking ...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm still 90% in with a 2-door base manual (and my own choice of 33" tires added after) for 30k. But your build (with the mentioned V6 in other comments) has me thinking ...
I'm with you, I think 33's are right, but the Squatch comes with a lot of good things for fair money. If I add wheels/tires I'm $2k toward the Squatch $5k price and don't get the lockers/ratios and suspension, and Adv 4x4. If the price of the auto stays included with Squatch, as it is now, I can't pass it up.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this a glitch in Build and Price or a "hidden value"?

Auto for the Base is $1600 on the 2 door.
Sasquatch with Auto adds $5800 to the cost of the truck.

If you want Auto, the incremental cost of Sasquatch is $4200*.
Am I missing something?

*Corrected, I was off by $300 in my original post.

Last edited:

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this a glitch in Build and Price or a "hidden value":

Auto for the Base is $1900 on the 2 door.
Sasquatch with Auto adds $5800 to the cost of the truck.

If you want Auto, the incremental cost of Sasquatch is $3900.
Am I missing something?
Shhhhh!
Sponsored