Sponsored

BIG BEND (sas and mid) vs BLACK DIAMOND (mid only)

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree with you if the Sasquach package did not add some items that really allow the Bronco to do what it is capable of. Besides the 35" inch tires you are getting some serious off road ability with the electronic locking front and rear axles, 4.7 drive ratio, high clearance factory suspension (under factory warranty), position sensing Bilstein shocks and high clearance fender flares. Even if you do not intend to go rock crawling, I certainly don't think I will do much more than dirt or gravel, the Sasquached Bronco just manages to look so handsome and at the same time brutish and bad ass. It just comes alive.

For my money unless this package is priced over 7-8K, it is the one extra I would no forego.
Besides the capability, remember that the Bronco's looks just go to a different level with this package and what is the value of feeling like a million dollars every time you look at your awesome ride and to know what it can do. Priceless :)
*Samsquanch
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on the price of the Sasquatch package. Some are saying it's not over $4k. If so it's a no brainer since you will get the warranty....and the perfect look.
I have to think it will be priced per trim level, as the base > Sasquatch gets you huge upgrades in axle size, both lockers, wheels, and tires, but Badlands > Sasquatch is little more than a wheel/tire package.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm hoping for a Trim higher than these two.. but with Packages, options, engines, hard tops... I may find myself out of my price range.

So if I were to roll back to either a Big Bend or a Black Diamond what are the core differences?

What I've been able to surmise:

Big Bend:

Gets LED Fog Lights
Less/Lighter Bash Plates
Carpet flooring and cloth seats

Black Diamond:

No Fog Lights
Heavy Duty (and more?) Bash plates
Rubber flooring and Vinyl seats
Rock Rails

Beyond that it would seem that things like 2.7 V6, Sasquatch, Modular bumpers, Mid Package can be had by both?

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping for a Trim higher than these two.. but with Packages, options, engines, hard tops... I may find myself out of my price range.

So if I were to roll back to either a Big Bend or a Black Diamond what are the core differences?

Big Bend:

Gets LED Fog Lights
Less/Lighter Bash Plates

Black Diamond:

No Fog Lights
Rock Rails

Beyond that it would seem that things like 2.7 V6, Sasquatch, Modular bumpers, Mid Package can be had by both?
Yea if you want to shell out the money.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would agree with you if the Sasquach package did not add some items that really allow the Bronco to do what it is capable of. Besides the 35" inch tires you are getting some serious off road ability with the electronic locking front and rear axles, 4.7 drive ratio, high clearance factory suspension (under factory warranty), position sensing Bilstein shocks and high clearance fender flares. Even if you do not intend to go rock crawling, I certainly don't think I will do much more than dirt or gravel, the Sasquached Bronco just manages to look so handsome and at the same time brutish and bad ass. It just comes alive.

For my money unless this package is priced over 7-8K, it is the one extra I would no forego.
Besides the capability, remember that the Bronco's looks just go to a different level with this package and what is the value of feeling like a million dollars every time you look at your awesome ride and to know what it can do. Priceless :)
Agreed, the parts added provide serious capabilities, and I do prefer factory upgrades if possible. However, I won't ever go somewhere where I need those capabilities and the 7 speed is a non-negotiable for me, so aftermarket it is!

Sponsored

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know if you can get 35's on the Bronco with out getting the Sasquatch package?

I dont necessarily need a front locker, and would love to ride on stock tires and upgrade to 35's when needed if I dont have to install a lift kit to get the meats to fit.

Scott D

Base
First Name
Scott D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, eventually
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do we know if you can get 35's on the Bronco with out getting the Sasquatch package?

I dont necessarily need a front locker, and would love to ride on stock tires and upgrade to 35's when needed if I dont have to install a lift kit to get the meats to fit.
Maybe not day 1, but eventually yes. There will be lift kits in the aftermarket world. I am certain someone will develop a 2" or 3" spacer lift which will allow you to fit 35s with minimal wheel travel. It may not be capable of much other the going over speed bumps but that will probably be the toughest obstacle at the mall.
Just look up Jeep Wrangler "low center of gravity build" tons of guys find ways to get 35s on by cutting flares, sacrificing wheel travel and doing anything else they can to avoid making their rig capable, some even pull it off with no lift, but damn they got those 35s in there.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe not day 1, but eventually yes. There will be lift kits in the aftermarket world. I am certain someone will develop a 2" or 3" spacer lift which will allow you to fit 35s with minimal wheel travel. It may not be capable of much other the going over speed bumps but that will probably be the toughest obstacle at the mall.
Just look up Jeep Wrangler "low center of gravity build" tons of guys find ways to get 35s on by cutting flares, sacrificing wheel travel and doing anything else they can to avoid making their rig capable, some even pull it off with no lift, but damn they got those 35s in there.
So how much of a lift is the Squatch Package? All I can find on clearnace wise is "high-clearance suspension" and "high-clearance fender flares". To me this is must not be much of a lift if they are putting on diffrent fender flares and stock fits a 33" tire. Now the travel may me improved with the Squatch Package but not too much. Especially looking at the side by side pics of Sasquatch package and a stock Bronco. And, yes I know that stuffing as much meat into the wheel well isnt the best idea. The tire will rub the wheel well and what not.

I guess I'm just too excited and wanting more details than are available. And just a little background on me, I"ve been wrenching on crawlers since I was 16 here in Colorado. I was born into the Land Cruiser world with an FJ40, that I sprung under D60's front and rear, swapped in a Chevy 350 with a SM465 to a NP203 gear box mated to a NP205 via an offroad designs doubler. I've regeard axles. I'm no slouch. Just need more info!!!! ;)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So do we think the factory lift is just spacers or did they do it correctly with different coils and longer bars?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on the price of the Sasquatch package. Some are saying it's not over $4k. If so it's a no brainer since you will get the warranty....and the perfect look.
Big facts. Plus the Sasquatch package will probably hold its value better.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big Bend:

Gets LED Fog Lights
Less/Lighter Bash Plates

Black Diamond:

No Fog Lights
Rock Rails

Rear locker on Black Diamond.
Lower gears for auto on Black Diamond.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

went in with my reservation as a conservative Big Bend - thinking Squach at a min.

Now I have three scenarios in play depending on final package pricing.

1. BB+Sas+2.7 (if I have to commit to the 10 speed, then why settle for the 2.3?) + mid. Grey + White details.

2. 32" black diamond, with 2.7. + mid

3. Stock Wildtrak, Cyber Orange + all black accessories.

I plan to do some trails and camping and #2 gets me there fastest, even if not lifted. However, getting a factory warranty lift and front/rear locks with the Squatch package seems like a great deal. but I'm concerned some of the comfort features I'll need to please the wife (and I also make regular 14-18 hour road trips across the east coast) will drive the costs to mid 40s. if I'm there and determine I can afford it, why not spring for the Wildtrak? The rockers, bash plates etc can be aftermarket and have less warrantable features.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how much of a lift is the Squatch Package? All I can find on clearnace wise is "high-clearance suspension" and "high-clearance fender flares". To me this is must not be much of a lift if they are putting on diffrent fender flares and stock fits a 33" tire. Now the travel may me improved with the Squatch Package but not too much. Especially looking at the side by side pics of Sasquatch package and a stock Bronco. And, yes I know that stuffing as much meat into the wheel well isnt the best idea. The tire will rub the wheel well and what not.

I guess I'm just too excited and wanting more details than are available. And just a little background on me, I"ve been wrenching on crawlers since I was 16 here in Colorado. I was born into the Land Cruiser world with an FJ40, that I sprung under D60's front and rear, swapped in a Chevy 350 with a SM465 to a NP203 gear box mated to a NP205 via an offroad designs doubler. I've regeard axles. I'm no slouch. Just need more info!!!! ;)
Wish you were in AZ, I could use the input / help.

any AZ wrenches around ???

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Trailblazer / 88.5 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm gonna guess there will be a fare amount of tuning will be able to occur to get most if not all the mileage back
Sponsored