Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice, I’ll have to see if my service department will get me one.
Sponsored

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have had my car in the dealer three times for this. Finally fixed. First time they diagnosed it as the APIM. Ford built me a new one (VIN specific product). That didn’t fix it. Second time they tried a software update with an offsite Ford technician because they assumed that the new APIM wasn’t communicating (which it wasn’t, but if I remember correctly, that was another issue) Finally, they diagnosed it as a gateway module that required an update. In total, they had my vehicle off and on for a month. Still not perfect, but the glitching when I switch gears and the telephone stuff is mostly resolved.

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have had my car in the dealer three times for this. Finally fixed. First time they diagnosed it as the APIM. Ford built me a new one (VIN specific product). That didn’t fix it. Second time they tried a software update with an offsite Ford technician because they assumed that the new APIM wasn’t communicating (which it wasn’t, but if I remember correctly, that was another issue) Finally, they diagnosed it as a gateway module that required an update. In total, they had my vehicle off and on for a month. Still not perfect, but the glitching when I switch gears and the telephone stuff is mostly resolved.
Well that’s good info, thanks for sharing. What issues are you still having? And what’s the frequency of it happening?

OP
OP
ATLbronco

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm.. I personally don't know if I would qualify the issue as fixed if it's "still not perfect" and the glaring issues are "mostly resolved." Back before ~October, this wasn't an issue ever for me. I'm glad your effort has made some progress at least though.

I had my Bronco in for the door module and wiper software update last week. No observable change with the stuttering issue from that visit. Before the dealer visit last week, the issues do seem less frequent and severe than a few months ago, but I still get all-too-often electrical stutters in the middle of music playing, when reverse camera comes on, carplay phone audio dropping, etc.

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
System still gets a confused from time to time. On start, occasionally it will start the radio in a place that I didn’t have it (mostly Sirius radio) for about two minutes and then it will find my phone and connect to CarPlay. Occasionally it never finds my phone and I have to put in in park and work it out. Very rarely, it will the system will stop and reboot very soon after starting the car. Almost like there was an unexpected issue during boot up. Sounds bad, but that resolves as fast as it would normally take the system to boot when you get in. Pretty quickly. All in all, one of these problems happens maybe once a week. I drive a ton and It’s really a mild inconvenience that I’m not sure is even related to the others. I will still try to get it worked out before warranty expires.

Sponsored

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds pretty much like what I deal with now. Just about everyday I have it disconnect when I’m on a phone call. The weird part is the call doesn’t drop I just can’t hear who I’m talking to but they can hear me just fine.

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds pretty much like what I deal with now. Just about everyday I have it disconnect when I’m on a phone call. The weird part is the call doesn’t drop I just can’t hear who I’m talking to but they can hear me just fine.
Yes! That was driving me crazy. That’s isn’t happening to me anymore. Neither is the robotic feedback.
Hmm.. I personally don't know if I would qualify the issue as fixed if it's "still not perfect" and the glaring issues are "mostly resolved." Back before ~October, this wasn't an issue ever for me. I'm glad your effort has made some progress at least though.

I had my Bronco in for the door module and wiper software update last week. No observable change with the stuttering issue from that visit. Before the dealer visit last week, the issues do seem less frequent and severe than a few months ago, but I still get all-too-often electrical stutters in the middle of music playing, when reverse camera comes on, carplay phone audio dropping, etc.
I went back and read my post and it sounds pretty passive. The truth is that I’ve been pretty troubled by all of this and I’m kind of beat down at this point. At one time, I was sure this was going to be a buyback. My service department was preparing me for it. What I was really trying to get across was that the very specific issues that the thread was discussing (robotic feedback- mainly when manually using the shift lever, phone calls where the microphone in the cab seem to stop working, etc) isn’t happening anymore.
Part of the problem that has me wondering how far to push is that I have never bought a new car. Five years ago, entertainment systems were glitchy at times because it’s a computer and sometimes computers encounter unexpected issues that the have to sort out. The glitches that I’m having now are just infrequent and mild enough that I don’t know if it’s a resolvable problem or just the computer being a computer. Does that make sense?

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! That was driving me crazy. That’s isn’t happening to me anymore. Neither is the robotic feedback.

I went back and read my post and it sounds pretty passive. The truth is that I’ve been pretty troubled by all of this and I’m kind of beat down at this point. At one time, I was sure this was going to be a buyback. My service department was preparing me for it. What I was really trying to get across was that the very specific issues that the thread was discussing (robotic feedback- mainly when manually using the shift lever, phone calls where the microphone in the cab seem to stop working, etc) isn’t happening anymore.
Part of the problem that has me wondering how far to push is that I have never bought a new car. Five years ago, entertainment systems were glitchy at times because it’s a computer and sometimes computers encounter unexpected issues that the have to sort out. The glitches that I’m having now are just infrequent and mild enough that I don’t know if it’s a resolvable problem or just the computer being a computer. Does that make sense?
I think it's important to note that this isn't just a new car, it's a brand new model. Ford put this together with existing structural pieces of other vehicles and made a new wiring diagram and new modules for this vehicle. There's bound to be growing pains with it. This is the first vehicle I have ever bought an extended warranty for, and it's because I knew there would be problems with the first iteration of it. Ford just recently tried to charge me for the Driver Door Module going kaput on my Bronco since I'm at 36,722 miles, but I reminded them that I have the extended warranty. Already paid for itself lol.

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's important to note that this isn't just a new car, it's a brand new model. Ford put this together with existing structural pieces of other vehicles and made a new wiring diagram and new modules for this vehicle. There's bound to be growing pains with it. This is the first vehicle I have ever bought an extended warranty for, and it's because I knew there would be problems with the first iteration of it. Ford just recently tried to charge me for the Driver Door Module going kaput on my Bronco since I'm at 36,722 miles, but I reminded them that I have the extended warranty. Already paid for itself lol.
Smart move on your part. I did as well for the same reason.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My system (23 WT) has been stuttering at times when I change the volume or perform a simple function. My radio has also started freezing/locking up more frequently as time goes on. It’ll start loading after I turn the bronco on then it just freezes. After a minute or two it restarts. First couple of times I wasn’t bothered as I’ve had this happen in numerous vehicles- the units are pretty much mini computers. An occasional restart- no biggie. But now it’s happening much more frequently. I have a service appointment tomorrow. Going to mention it to them and see if they’ve had others with the issue.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My system (23 WT) has been stuttering at times when I change the volume or perform a simple function. My radio has also started freezing/locking up more frequently as time goes on. It’ll start loading after I turn the bronco on then it just freezes. After a minute or two it restarts. First couple of times I wasn’t bothered as I’ve had this happen in numerous vehicles- the units are pretty much mini computers. An occasional restart- no biggie. But now it’s happening much more frequently. I have a service appointment tomorrow. Going to mention it to them and see if they’ve had others with the issue.
Feel free to share the link to this thread. Techs use the internet to solve shit all the time lol. This'll give them a better background/understanding of the overall issue than anecdotal evidence you can offer immediately, cuz I definitely didn't remember everything I was experiencing and wasn't able to relay all of the methods to get it to do it.

Briguy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is getting worse. Did notice when the sound comes reversing the screen locks up while it happens. My biggest issue is that I just can't talk on the phone anymore. The other side cannot hear me, only hear robotic sounds too. Have to switch to speaker.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My service guy made a note about my unit freezing up for future reference. I noticed today that the sound stutters in audio mode with the iPod playing via usb- not CarPlay. I adjust the volume and it stutters.

JFerr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was really hoping this was solved by now. My camera freezes for about 3 seconds with the robot noise 95% of the time when I go into reverse. It’s almost a safety hazard cause I don’t have a live view for those moments.
The phone calls are unusable for more than 2 minutes, my whole screen rebooted in the middle of a phone call the other day.
I only got my bronco in November of last year everyone seems to say it didn’t happen until some OTA update in October. I might try to roll back my software to what ever version was then, I did it on my Ranger for another screen issue on that vehicle but am going to have to dig up the steps, it wasn’t the simplest
Sponsored