Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at ways I can get the sasquatch look and stance without paying the $7k for the actual upgrades. I know this has been talked about at length on the forums, but wanted to get your thoughts on the following.

The shop i'm working with proposed the following options:
1. 2" spacer kit
2. Install a used sasquatch suspension kit
3. Just do coils
4. Just do struts

I'm admittedly not super versed in what just doing coils or struts actually means, but those are the notes I took. Obviously upgrading to 35" tires would be on the list to achieve the look, but wanted help with the 4 options listed above. He mentioned the 2" spacer kit specifically would make the ride noticeably more stiff. Would love some pros/cons of each and maybe your experience going any of these routes. Thanks!!
(Photo for attention only)

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.58.56ā€ÆAM.png
Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bilstein 5100's set at 1" to 1.5" of lift. They are excellent, not expensive and you reuse your existing springs.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bilstein 5100's set at 1" to 1.5" of lift. They are excellent, not expensive and you reuse your existing springs.
100%

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Big Bend came from the dealer with an RC 2.5" lift and aftermarket 17" rims with 35" tires - it sat about an inch higher than the SAS package did. That kit consisted of new UCAs, a tracbar bracket, and spacers for the front/rear. I don't know how it would have rode without the spacers, if that made the ride "stiff" or not.

If I hadn't already had it, I probably would have went with the 5100's as well - get a better shock, better ride quality, and the lift, all for about the same price and installation difficulty.

I just recently dumped my Hitachis with the lift spacers for 4WP/ProComp set of coil overs.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at ways I can get the sasquatch look and stance without paying the $7k for the actual upgrades. I know this has been talked about at length on the forums, but wanted to get your thoughts on the following.

The shop i'm working with proposed the following options:
1. 2" spacer kit
2. Install a used sasquatch suspension kit
3. Just do coils
4. Just do struts

I'm admittedly not super versed in what just doing coils or struts actually means, but those are the notes I took. Obviously upgrading to 35" tires would be on the list to achieve the look, but wanted help with the 4 options listed above. He mentioned the 2" spacer kit specifically would make the ride noticeably more stiff. Would love some pros/cons of each and maybe your experience going any of these routes. Thanks!!
(Photo for attention only)

Ford Bronco Fake Squatch Help Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 10.58.56ā€ÆAM
IMO best bang for your buck would be to pick up some squatch take-offs. What is your intended use? Actual wheeling or just want the look?

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncolado

broncolado

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO best bang for your buck would be to pick up some squatch take-offs. What is your intended use? Actual wheeling or just want the look?
Iā€™m not hardcore by any means which is why I went Black Diamond rather than Badlands or higher. But yea, i definitely want to go 4 wheeling, but staying pretty novice with it. Iā€™d like to maintain the performance of the black diamond while getting the stance and look of the Sasquatch.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not hardcore by any means which is why I went Black Diamond rather than Badlands or higher. But yea, i definitely want to go 4 wheeling, but staying pretty novice with it. Iā€™d like to maintain the performance of the black diamond while getting the stance and look of the Sasquatch.
A spacer or perch collar will get you the look for cheap but the ride will suffer. Squatch take-offs will give you the Squatch stance/look/improved ride and be wallet friendly. For more money, aftermarket adjustable coil-overs will give you the Squatch stance/look and maybe a bit better ride.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just go with a lift and 35" tires.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Winner winner!

OP must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Congrats on saving 5 grand (y)

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look for Sasquatch take offs. For around $1000 you should be able to get everything.

Sponsored

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I said the same thing about not wanting to go hard core off road, and just do some fun stuff. Then, after a couple trips out, and watching what others do, you want to join and and need more mod $$$

OP
OP
broncolado

broncolado

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said the same thing about not wanting to go hard core off road, and just do some fun stuff. Then, after a couple trips out, and watching what others do, you want to join and and need more mod $$$
Ha. Are you the ghost of Christmas future? Please donā€™t remind me how much more cash Iā€™ll be hemorrhaging šŸ˜…
Itā€™s a fair warning, Iā€™ll keep that in mind as I build this thing up.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you do plan to do some off roading skip a spacer lift with your crap coilovers (spacers do not change ride stiffness, perch collars do)ā€¦for cheap Sasquatch takeoffs are betterā€¦a little more would be bilstein/eibach coilovers to give a little better ride than takeoffs plus height adjustmentā€¦4WP coilovers are the next stepā€¦after that you are all inā€¦Fox, King, Icon and the rest$$$

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ha. Are you the ghost of Christmas future? Please donā€™t remind me how much more cash Iā€™ll be hemorrhaging šŸ˜…
Nah BDā€™s rear locker and sas take-offs or the 5100 will get you far. See how much Dusty did with a base base before upgrading.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a Badlands so I wouldn't have to spend anymore money and be set. That was over a year ago. One thing led to another and look at me now. Like the old song, "One Thing Leads to Another".
Ford Bronco Fake Squatch Help Bronco Best Shot 7-15-23
Sponsored