Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
Just remove the plastic latch from the flare and instal few nut insert set and different bolt like torx, square head, philips etc to much trouble to remove easealy..
TRACKTOY
Sponsored

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a 1991 Jeep Wrangler from the dealer in late 1990. Last year of the carbureted 6 cylinder engine, I believe....total piece of crap which I turned in under the lemon law, but I digress.

I was young and dumb and wanted to look cool so I had a pair of KC daylighters installed on the brush guard up front. I never gave it a second thought that the covers for those frigging lights were a "Hot" theft item. I could not go 2 days without them being taken. I had plastic ones and cloth ones....made no difference the bastards took them anyway. I lost them at my apartment parking lot, the mall, the restaurant everywhere.

Now normally, I would never look up front before getting in my vehicle (same is true today) but do you know WHO does look up front vigilantly? The Quincy, MA Police Department and the MA State Police. They could give two-shit's less that my covers were stolen...they cared that I was driving without off-road light covers and fined me each time they pulled me over. You can only buy so many covers but the "Pain-in-the-Assachusetts" police departments had unlimited ticket writing tablets. I finally just took the damned things off.

I guess my point being, if it can be stolen easily, it will be stolen often and if you're in a ticket hungry state it can become a real headache, real quickly. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution...I'm thinking the optional door keypad might be the answer. If someone doesn't enter the correct code into the keypad and tries to remove the fender flare...by the time the second nut is turned, a flamethrower blasts out the wheel well and cooks the crook to a crisp.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never a need to remove them, so...

Ford Bronco Flare theft deterrence 1622736704000

BroncoGoBrrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Audi A4 Quattro Sline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Judging by how the general public doesn’t even seem to know this Bronco exists with the Sport out there, I don’t see the types that would do this even knowing they can snap off easily.

Reactions: abe

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do know the Jeep Wrangler grill just snaps off.
Windshield wipers snap off too. Lots of car parts are not more then a snap from removal.
Maybe you did not know but the fender flares on some other cars just snap on too.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the gold plated aftermarket ones I'd be worried but these pieces of plastic?? 🤪 I'd be way more concerned owning a soft top and having the top vandalized/stuff inside stolen.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Move somewhere where the theft of some cheap plastic automotive parts isn't a concern.
“Cheap”.
I will just glue the little levers down, don't intend to ever take them off. They won't be cheap, I doubt a set will sell for less than 300-500. Not something that'll create a huge profitable market, but some asshole that scratched theirs up might just want to swap them out for nicer ones in the parking garage. Or get a set of my Sasquatch ones for cheap...

As for the rear tire, mine will have at least two different security lugnuts on them to make that less easy for the casual thief. All wheels will also have two different ones and the keys will be hidden in the Bronco somewhere, not with the lift/tools in the trunk.

I live in a really nice area with (in the mean time, not when we bought) not a single house under $1 million. That attracts scum. Recently somebody had all 4 tires stolen off their car - some Honda or similar, nothing even special. Don't have time for nonsense like that. Have had wheel locks on my Taco since I got it too.

Best theft prevention is always to make it less attractive/easy. Move on to the next (easier) target.

I’m in the same boat. Live in a very nice, quiet area of town. Crime is skyrocketing.. we have crews working the area weekly, checking every car during the night and breaking into houses during the day.

Can’t do anything about it because the local police station was shut down due to budget constraints and the city attorney just let’s them go. Very few patrols now.

Partially my fault. My garage has been turned into a wood shop with no room for cars. I fully expect to lose some fenders.

My theft prevention is to make sure no valuables are available, aftermarket alarms on vehicles and copious amounts of cameras visible. It’s worked so far.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they are so easy to take off, just remove them and lock them inside the bronco while in the store. I'd say take them inside the store with you but people might look at you funny 😂

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am aware of the 4wp ones, but am not really interested.
I want something that looks more retro and opens up the wheel well more.
All 4 fenders of Bronco will be easily replaceable by design. Aftermarket fenders will come, and likely with drastically more retro styling.

On the topic of flare delete: That would be a violation of state law here in WA, not sure what your state's laws are.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.37.500

RCW 46.37.500
Fenders or splash aprons.
(1) Except as authorized under subsection (2) of this section, no person may operate any motor vehicle, trailer, cargo extension, or semitrailer that is not equipped with fenders, covers, flaps, or splash aprons adequate for minimizing the spray or splash of water or mud from the roadway to the rear of the vehicle. All such devices shall be as wide as the tires behind which they are mounted and extend downward at least to the center of the axle.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting velocity blue. But I am open to trading if anyone else is interested!
I'd be willing to trade. Getting a BL VB SAS but it will probably be middle next year before it arrives.
Sponsored