Sponsored

For those with an extra reservation... The math...

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could see this whole situation being hilarious in a few ways. 1) Bronco gets delayed again and nobody sees one til Fall '21, with an improved '22 model being released, good luck selling it. 2) Ford doubles production, conversion rate lower than expected, everyone gets theirs, good luck selling.
1) Doesn't change anything, just moves everyone back. Some people will always pay extra to be first. Now or later. 2) An improved '22 model isn't coming. Different colors, trims, and late availability items, and what has already been announced sure but nothing significant.
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1) Doesn't change anything, just moves everyone back. Some people will always pay extra to be first. Now or later. 2) An improved '22 model isn't coming. Different colors, trims, and late availability items, and what has already been announced sure but nothing significant.
I think your 2nd point is an argument in favor of mine, why go 1-2 months early instead of getting new colors, trims, late availability items at that point. I guess the overall point I was making is that all this speculating over selling is dependent on low supply high demand, and at the end of the day the variables are in (or out of) Ford's hands.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think your 2nd point is an argument in favor of mine, why go 1-2 months early instead of getting new colors, trims, late availability items at that point. I guess the overall point I was making is that all this speculating over selling is dependent on low supply high demand, and at the end of the day the variables are in (or out of) Ford's hands.
If it's only one to two months sure, but if it's 12 plus? IDK

Plus a lot of people are totally happy with any color already offered, and not concerned with accessories they can just buy aftermarket. People are going to happily spend 60k on a rig just spend another 10K swapping out rims and rubber and wraps. I don't know these people personally but I see them around town all the time.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw a guy on a FB group who said he has 3 reservations. Two in his name and one in his wife's name.
I only have a 2 car garage...so that wouldn't work for me.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For everyone who is mad about someone who has 2 reservations is-you should have ordered on the first night.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For everyone who is mad about someone who has 2 reservations is-you should have ordered on the first night.
Ultimately it won’t matter. 90% of those that do have multiple reservations have neither the cash nor the income to convert them all.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ultimately it won’t matter. 90% of those that do have multiple reservations have neither the cash nor the income to convert them all.
True statement. I cant disagree with that. I also believe most will cancel.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So buying things and selling them for a profit (which is way higher then 10%) makes me less then a decent human being?

What the hell kind of money man are you?
Yes.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look here’s the reality... do what you want. Just know the vast majority of us are hoping for an embarrassing failure on your part and will happily laugh in your face.

If you don’t want the Bronco, don’t buy it. Buying something with the intention to sell it for more than its worth just makes you a jackass. I know it’s a crazy thought but you can live your life and be successful without taking advantage of people. Shocking, I know.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just saw a guy on a FB group who said he has 3 reservations. Two in his name and one in his wife's name.
That same person posts here too.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you mean by “I’m a money guy”?

Pretty wide range from say a seed capital funder, or in wealth management and manage other people’s portfolios, an investment banker, a guy who sets the money line for sport bets, or someone who trades special edition Nikes for a couple hundred bucks.

where does flipping broncos fall in the spectrum.

We’re talking about the over/under of profiting 10%, but to me, sounds more like laying out 55k to either gain or lose a couple grand. If you had 55k in cash, and youre looking to put that money to work, I could think of many alternative investment strategies than flipping a bronco.

I don’t think having an early reservation is a golden ticket to Willy Wonkas chocolate factory, as some believe it to be. It’s really the price of admission to be an early adopter with less options and potential bugs. This is evidenced by many CHOOSING to put themselves into MY22. This isn’t a collector car.

If you were to ask a financial advisor they would have probably told you to cancel that reservation months ago to start investing it sooner. You would probably be up a couple grand by now, and probably even more by summer.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to take the high road and chose to just ignore your childish name calling and your complete nonsense.

Have a wonderful day...
Ford Bronco For those with an extra reservation... The math... 1610973755244

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean by “I’m a money guy”?

Pretty wide range from say a seed capital funder, or in wealth management and manage other people’s portfolios, an investment banker, a guy who sets the money line for sport bets, or someone who trades special edition Nikes for a couple hundred bucks.

where does flipping broncos fall in the spectrum.

We’re talking about the over/under of profiting 10%, but to me, sounds more like laying out 55k to either gain or lose a couple grand. If you had 55k in cash, and youre looking to put that money to work, I could think of many alternative investment strategies than flipping a bronco.

I don’t think having an early reservation is a golden ticket to Willy Wonkas chocolate factory, as some believe it to be. It’s really the price of admission to be an early adopter with less options and potential bugs. This is evidenced by many CHOOSING to put themselves into MY22. This isn’t a collector car.

If you were to ask a financial advisor they would have probably told you to cancel that reservation months ago to start investing it sooner. You would probably be up a couple grand by now, and probably even more by summer.
You don't need $55k to buy a Bronco. You just need enough money to cover taxes and a small down payment. At no point are you really risking $55k by buying a Bronco to flip, unless you somehow total it without insurance while it's in your possession. Like you say it's a matter of a couple grand.

A person with $55k cash can put most of that in the market AND buy a Bronco to try to flip for a fast $10K.
Sponsored