First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Ford will come out selling over a million bronco in the long run . For most people once their bronco is delivered , missteps of the past will be forgotten.
If Ford created the vehicle we all hope it will be, then you may be right…..a tough titty said the kitty, but the milk’s still good mentality will prevail.

I’m only speaking for myself here, but I will be very hesitant to voluntarily subject myself to a process like this by Ford ever again.

Here come a couple more cliches…..fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. The priority order blindside to me is the one unforgivable aspect of this delay……it was calculated and sneaky, and for me might be “a bridge too far” when it comes to future Ford vehicle purchases with a similar process.

I can live with commodity constraints. They launched during the height of the pandemic (7/2020), so that shouldn’t have been too much of a surprise for a company with its thumb on the pulse of America, but whatever. At the very least, they certainly knew what challenges they had and with what assets were constrained when they allowed dealerships to provide line-jumping passes at the expense of those who through luck or perseverance, or both, had early timestamps.

That banana republic priority order giveaway pushed a lot of people from 2021 to 2022. Thousands lot of constrained assets were used up and affected thousands of peoples build dates, or build years.

But I digress. Ford will sell 10’s of thousands, and those people that miraculously receive unexpected builds (much like the neighbor of a serial murder will undoubtedly claim shock and disbelief to a doe eyed reporter), or those that don’t, but expected as much, will be pleased with the process……but I, and I presume others will remember and take a pass.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where do you think this cluck up will land on the list of corporate missteps I understand covid but Ford was woefully unprepared for the demand of this vehicle. So like new coke bad? Or red Sox trading Babe Ruth bad?
I look at it more like the Boston Bruins trading Ray Bourque to Colorado. Knew the whole team couldn't win a cup at that time so trade the guy who gave his heart out his whole career a chance to win it. Seems like Ford knows they can't please all 140K during pandemic so try and do your best with those you can. Win the hearts of all fans that way.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this missteps and delays is going benefitted the dealers because there well be lot more people who won't take delivery of there Bronco and the dealers well sell them for 15 to 25 % over MSRP as for people who do take delivery of there Bronco they won't care at that point not unless it turns out to a peace of crap vehicle.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Expect the worst, anything else is a bonus 🤙🏻
Sadly most Americans are numb to corporations lying ,covering things up , not communicating ,that they just turn a blind eye to the whole mess . It’s like listening to a politician on a TV commercial or for that matter on a news channel . By the bronco ,don’t buy the bronco Ford knows someone well. If this all sounds a little negative it’s just the bottom line.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn’t rule out Ford creating covid.

i am still unclear why the bronco sport was launched so smoothly and the bronco has stalled. But whatev
Because Bronco is a much more complicated and unique product vs. Bronco Sport, which is effectively a rebodied Escape, which itself has been out for over a year already. While it's different from Escape, a lot of it is similar, so production processes and things were already worked out for it, compared to something all new with Bronco.

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I suspect the interest level has exceeded expectations. I'm sure Ford was hoping for high demand but the demand likely exceeded all their projections. When you are trying to keep all the details secret until the reveal, it seems like a challenge to do an accurate demand projection.
Good point

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Misstep, cluster, etc. are certainly relative terms. The vast majority of customers have a fraction of the insight we do because of this forum. Therefore, few ride the rollercoaster of emotions we do. As far as the public is concerned, it will be, "Oh hey, cool, a new Bronco."
Or they are out already I see them driving around....... that's a sport...... what's that?.......nvm 🤬

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't you guys just get tired of complaining? When you try to control something not under your control then you will just fail.

Let's move on from the Ford screwed up scenario. Be Happy that a modern bronco even exist at all.
Does it though? If a bronco isn't made on the line does it exist on a trail?

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s not like Ford is the only car manufacturer having these issues. GM had to stop selling the Corvette because of commodity restraints. Many 2021 Corvette buyers are going to me MY2022 buyers. I am just happy things are working their way back to normal, and not worsening. Soon enough.

OP
OP

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're reading this post, you're part of the "in the know" crowd, which is an insignificant slice of the country, percentage wise. You're not just wandering around a Ford dealer lot thinking you might see an actual Bronco - who knows what depressing story those folks are being told.

Ford will sell a ton of Broncos, but I'll bet the 5-year sales curve is much lower than what could'a been.

Before we shoulder ALL the blame on Covid, understand that the Webasto plant was a full year behind starting construction before anyone even heard of rona. There's a reason they say 'success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan'.
Well said

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you clearly aren’t an enthusiast.
FF22D3B5-E42A-4C22-AFB2-FCBAFCE42AC8.png
@Gamecock

I take back what I said, you’re way better than this guy and his puke emojis. I’d rather pay my way on a road trip to SC from Colorado just to have to buy you a 12 pack of beer and deliver it to your house over seeing this guys comments.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford created the vehicle we all hope it will be, then you may be right…..a tough titty said the kitty, but the milk’s still good mentality will prevail.

I’m only speaking for myself here, but I will be very hesitant to voluntarily subject myself to a process like this by Ford ever again.

Here come a couple more cliches…..fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. The priority order blindside to me is the one unforgivable aspect of this delay……it was calculated and sneaky, and for me might be “a bridge too far” when it comes to future Ford vehicle purchases with a similar process.

I can live with commodity constraints. They launched during the height of the pandemic (7/2021), so that shouldn’t have been too much of a surprise for a company with its thumb on the pulse of America, but whatever. At the very least, they certainly knew what challenges they had and with what assets were constrained when they allowed dealerships to provide line-jumping passes at the expense of those who through luck or perseverance, or both, had early timestamps.

That banana republic priority order giveaway pushed a lot of people from 2021 to 2022. Thousands lot of constrained assets were used up and affected thousands of peoples build dates, or build years.

But I digress. Ford will sell 10’s of thousands, and those people that miraculously receive unexpected builds (much like the neighbor of a serial murder will undoubtedly claim shock and disbelief to a doe eyed reporter), or those that don’t, but expected as much, will be pleased with the process……but I, and I presume others will remember and take a pass.
You make a good point about the early timestamps getting shafted by the priority orders, even if some still claim it's a drop in the bucket. Makes me even happier, now that I 99'd my order and put in an order for something else, that I didn't try staying up late fighting the overwhelmed website to get an order in. That being said, the morning after should have been plenty early to not get pushed into '22.
Sponsored