Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2015 4runner with 80k. I think that’s still a baby in Toyota years.

I’m just prepping it to sell. Detail, buff out a few scratches and dinks, shampoo the carpets and such. Getting the brakes done this Friday.

I’m going to make it feel like new and I won’t want to sell it....

who am I kidding? Im on a forum for a vehicle that isn’t even available yet. The 4Runner doesn’t stand a chance.
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2006 Jetta TDI 5spd. fenders, rockers, and trunk have been rusting pretty nicely. original shocks, clutch and probably coolant. (wife had the car 10 years before she met me). it's got almost 250k and the vacuum hose for the power brakes has been repaired with jb weld. i have the part to replace but with all the plastic clips and tight space, its not worth it. it shoots smoke on start up but otherwise fine. *knock on wood* it's going to last us through the winter. needs new summers (all-season summers) but hoping i don't have to buy them and just drive it sparingly. lol

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My lease is up this November, I thought about extending it but I don’t want to kick the can down the road any longer, so I will let it go back, drive my son’s car while he is at college, next summer will be a crapshoot ...
Might be a bicycle summer...

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m driving a 2010 escape with 155K miles. And yes, praying it last another year or however long it takes me to get my bronco. I’m hoping it’s less than a year :)

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am literally praying. Put 3K into 2004 Sport Trac early in 2020 hoping it would make it to Xmas. Now it may need to last through 2021?!?! ?

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm driving a 1991 Jeep Cherokee with 210k miles, rust, and leaks everywhere, 4.5" lift, cut fenders, welded rear diff, and 33" retread mud tires. I love it.
I decided to sell my Tacoma now rather than later, to get the most out of it while the mileage is still relatively low.
Now I'm trying to convince my aunt to sell me her clapped out Subaru as a backup vehicle, lol.
If the jeep breaks down, I can fix it, and I have a motorcycle for good weather. But currently the bike is the only truly dependable thing I have, and I commute 80+ miles each day, lol.
All so I can save up for a good down payment for the Bronco. I really hope it doesn't suck, haha!
Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? 20200527_165504[1]

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 2017 F-150 with 45k miles and a 10 year/100,000 extended warranty. Should be good to go. Keeping it when I get the bronco.

But I made a deal with the wife that I had to sell my 2001 corvette before I get the Bronco. It has some issues. I'll wait until next spring to sell it.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m at 206k on my 2010 Frontier. I’m sure it’ll go another 50k, just won’t be worth anything for trade, lol

Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am currently driving a 2008 Ford Edge that we bought new for my wife. It has 219,000 miles and is, as far as I can tell from searching online, suffering from an inevitable transmission speed sensor malfunction.

It still gets me from A to B but is increasingly having difficulty deciding on what gear it should be in. While reading up on the issue I saw that some people had total failure very early in the life of the car so I guess I'm lucky. It also appears to be a seven or eight hundred dollar repair.

So as I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it survives untill after the Bronco is available.
we have a 2013 Edge. The AC wentout over the weekend, wife says fix it. Putting money anywhere except my new Bronco is driving me crazy.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sold my convertible Bmw so I wouldn’t have to worry about selling it next spring or any unplanned loan worthy repairs. So I’m stuck driving our spare vehicle which is a 2002 suburban with 205000 miles. Seems to be solid but one never knows with the miles

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am literally praying. Put 3K into 2004 Sport Trac early in 2020 hoping it would make it to Xmas. Now it may need to last through 2021?!?! ?
Relax. You should have your Bronco "by 2022". At the very latest.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha I’m definitely hoping my car holds up but I put myself in this situation.
I had a perfectly good 2017 challenger and got super excited about the bronco so sold it so I could save some cash from the sale as well as not having a payment or insurance. So now, my main transportation is a 1972 Nova which should be fine due to the limited driving and things to do right now but it’s nearly 50 years old, so shit can happen at any time.

bahasad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 Nissan Rogue, Yamaha R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2017 Nissan Rogue that my wife and I share as a daily. I have a 2017 Mustang GT that I also drive to work...I put a lot of miles every week driving back and forth between work and home, weekend trips. The rogue has been decent with no major failures. My plan was to trade it on the Bronco, but wife wants to keep it once I get the Bronco. We shall see. The mustang is going nowhere.
Bronco is going to be my daily and I am eyeing a Corvette or GTR around 2024.
Sponsored