Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
As soon as I can find a 2022 Tacoma with the 6’ bed and a 6 speed within a reasonable distance I’ll most likely buy it. When/if the Bronco arrives I’ll make that decision at that time.
Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks promising...
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? nash2

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? nash1

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Eye balling one as future tow vehicle for a small to mid size rv, and general vacation road tripper.

Hugely disappointed they did away with roll down rear window. Dogs love having the back window down.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Deferred to MY23 as I have given up. Killing Rapid Red was the final straw. And let's not even start with the ongoing quality issues...

Picking up a new '22 GX 460 in Claret Mica this week. The girlfriend loves the new Eruption Green, and wants it with a white top. She won't be ready to buy it until '23, so really it all kind of works out. I won't be as active here in the future, but I'll pop in from time to time.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? nash1
God it looks so much smaller stock...

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1644199889829

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll face a lot of derision in this forum for posting this, I'm sure, but that's ok. While I never really had a plan B, C or any other (I'd remained committed to my Bronco order since reserving on 30 August 2020), I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.
One unexpected development (for me at least) while looking at other new vehicle options these past few weeks (LR Defender 90, Subaru Forester Wilderness and even Bronco Sport, believe it or not): I'm no longer 100% committed to 'squatch, factory tow or even the now optional modular front bumper for my 2dr build! I may drop all three of those from my order for now and perhaps even hold out for my Bronco rather than throwing in the towel now since I don't actually NEED a new car anyway. Guess I'm still concerned that I'm really going to end up regretting "settling" for something else when I've already waited this long for the Bronco.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did get a Tacoma which was my plan B vehicle and I'm ok with it so far. My main complaint is that the head unit in the 2020+ Tacomas is one of the slowest ones I've used in the last 5 years and thats super irritating. I may try and order a Bronco in the near future but I'm not convinced Ford will get their heads out of their butts anytime soon.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Initiated plan B today. My local Toyota dealer found me an in transit 2022 Tacoma Quad Cab, TRD Offroad 4x4, Magnetic Gray Metallic with the 6' bed. It will be here in 56 days. I'll decide what to do with the Bronco if and when it arrives. If I'm honest the Tacoma is better suited for what I need anyway. At least my new tires and wheels will fit and match my Tacoma.

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here...I initiated Plan B as well and ordered a Gladiator. Had a moment of reflection last week and decided coming from a Truck I really appreciate having a bed. I also received an email that my build was being pushed back and with all of the teething problems...

I decided that now is not the time to buy a Bronco for me.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought this Porsche 911 Cabriolet. A Porsche was going to be my next purchase before I decided to order the Bronco. I have time to decide if I like driving the 911 to keep it, or go ahead and get the Bronco. I could also sell my Jeep, keep the 911 and get the Bronco. Bronco likely to be here end of April, so have some time to decide. 911's are going up in value, so shouldn't have trouble getting out of it if I decide not to keep it. I flew to Seattle to pick it up and had a great four day road trip down the coast to Bakersfield.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20220118_081901

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just bought this Porsche 911 Cabriolet. A Porsche was going to be my next purchase before I decided to order the Bronco. I have time to decide if I like driving the 911 to keep it, or go ahead and get the Bronco. I could also sell my Jeep, keep the 911 and get the Bronco. Bronco likely to be here end of April, so have some time to decide. 911's are going up in value, so shouldn't have trouble getting out of it if I decide not to keep it. I flew to Seattle to pick it up and had a great four day road trip down the coast to Bakersfield.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20220118_081901
Richard aren't there threads and pics all over this Forum of you installing your compressor under your Bronco and doing various and sundry other things? Thought you already had a Bronco and have off-roaded the shit out of it already? I am so confused now!:unsure:

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Richard aren't there threads and pics all over this Forum of you installing your compressor under your Bronco and doing various and sundry other things? Thought you already had a Bronco and have off-roaded the shit out of it already? I am so confused now!:unsure:
Nah, not me. Not yet. I did go to Off Roadeo in Las Vegas. I have real problems. 😁 ;) Can't decide if I want to build my yellow XJ into a real sleeper, have great ideas, or get and build the Bronco, and to keep or not keep the 911. The major goal of the Bronco was to cut down on the number of vehicles I own. Isn't working out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks awesome but for me it's too much of a beast to drive around in the city. I thought about jumping ship to a F-150 Raptor for all of a minute before I saw one parked in a small parking lot where it barely fit into the spot. Then the next day I saw someone doing a 12 point turn in a different small parking lot with a full size truck.
Sponsored