Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this was asked recently but too much to go through every single post in this thread.

Anyone know when this kit is going to be back in stock or where to find an alternative?
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does yours cuts out about 19-20 Volume ?
I rarely have it that loud. My eardrums would be blown out. I run about 16 max most of the time. I was showing my dad my bronco last weekend and he turned it up over 20 for a while though and I never heard it clip.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've read reports that any 4" speakers where the tweeter sits higher than the rest of the speaker results in the tweeter pushing against the plastic dash covers (or in the roll bar pods). Not true?
The ACX and RCX 100 tweeter does not sit that much higher. I think some have had issues with the ICU 100 in the rear, so I suspect the same for the 100AC but not 100%.
I usually like Focal, but I have had 2 QA issues recently with an RCX100 and an ACX100 that have kind of soured me for the moment. However, that could just be bad luck of the draw.

Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I rarely have it that loud. My eardrums would be blown out. I run about 16 max most of the time. I was showing my dad my bronco last weekend and he turned it up over 20 for a while though and I never heard it clip.
I have to check what the problem is then. Im going to put them back in the kick panels, all speakers are 4 ohms. If there is a grown issue that is making them cut out, thatā€™s the hardness then.
troubleshoot time

CtSASBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wramgler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would a bass blocker on the dash speaker impact the kicker panel woofer as well if they are not in Bi Amp mode?

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know or have the wiring diagram for the plugnplay 11-4 sub output wires? Just want to make sure I donā€™t have anything out of phase.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would a bass blocker on the dash speaker impact the kicker panel woofer as well if they are not in Bi Amp mode?
Not if you splice it in right before the 4ā€ speaker connection.

Bi-amp mode would treat the entire circuit like a tweeter, so make sure to have that setting off.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This seems to be split here.

My Polk DB 4s in the dash clip at around 20, but its also offensively loud at that point and well within my expectations of when they should start to clip.
My wife and I just got back from a road trip in the Bronco. We spent 5+ hours at interstate speeds most of the time with the soft top down (2 dr - Bestop). Before we left, I decided to rerun the DSP setup and after I bumped the front gain a bit.

70+ mph with top down, volume 10-13 (Depends on source - mainly Apple Music / Radio but some older songs are just lower in volume - that happened before all this so it's no the system's fault) is PLENTY with the top down.

With the top up we rarely have the volume more than 6-8.

I DID notice the chimes are louder now. I didn't notice this at all before I bumped the front gain up a bit. Not super annoying as it only happens when I open the door with it running (to get pump gas etc) or I leave the headlights on.

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know or have the wiring diagram for the plugnplay 11-4 sub output wires? Just want to make sure I donā€™t have anything out of phase.
Mine came with a note in the package with the wiring diagram. I can take a picture but it was handwritten and may not be the same

Biff

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CR-V AWD SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine came with a note in the package with the wiring diagram. I can take a picture but it was handwritten and may not be the same
If you wouldnā€™t mind to post a pic of the wiring diagram (no note in my package, only the harnesses), it would be most helpful. I ordered kit 11-4 as well and installed the 200.4 yesterday leaving the Kicker 11HS8 out for now until I can run the microphone setup. Now I just have to run the pink noise setup at my buddyā€™s farm this evening (nice a quiet out there), as I live on a very traffic-filled road, which would definitely result in the sad tone if I attempted it in my driveway. When I ordered my 8ā€ hideaway from Crutchfield, I also made sure to order the speaker wire to RCA adapters and Crutchfieldā€™s sub wiring kit. So close to finally being done with my audio upgrade, canā€™t wait! TIA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my kicker 10" sub and amp out today in preperation of leaving the vehicle at the dealer/body shop for a week.. and ... holy cow my kicker's by themselves with the key 200.4 has NO bass AT ALL.
I replaced all the speakers with kicker csc's.. I need to try turning the key's EQ off and see if there's any difference. Maybe re-do the auto adjustment. But it doesn't sound like there's any bass at all going to the 6.5" in the kick panels. I think the stock ones had more so I assume it's the Key's EQ doing this... gotta play with it.

I did have the hi cut on the key set to 120hz with the sub in. But even with that turned off the 6.5"s have nothing.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my kicker 10" sub and amp out today in preperation of leaving the vehicle at the dealer/body shop for a week.. and ... holy cow my kicker's by themselves with the key 200.4 has NO bass AT ALL.
I replaced all the speakers with kicker csc's.. I need to try turning the key's EQ off and see if there's any difference. Maybe re-do the auto adjustment. But it doesn't sound like there's any bass at all going to the 6.5" in the kick panels. I think the stock ones had more so I assume it's the Key's EQ doing this... gotta play with it.

I did have the hi cut on the key set to 120hz with the sub in. But even with that turned off the 6.5"s have nothing.
Same here, was going to leave the original kick panel speakers since they had more bass but it was cutting out like crazy. Replaced all 6 speakers with Memphis and added a single downfire 12ā€ sub in the back. Sounds super clean and that boom is deep.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Need some helpā€¦ I have been reading through tons of posts but am getting lost. On my B&O system I replaced my 5 4inch with focal Acx 100 and the kicker panel with focal acx 165 by recommendation of crutch. I also added a RF punch amp with 12inch sub which I repurposed from having in my explorer which sounded great. My first mistake may have been having Best Buy install butā€¦ I feel like I am missing something. I initially thought it sounded way better, but now I feel like the high are screaming at me. I donā€™t feel like the kicker panels get much sound. Oh I also added a small kenwood 2channel amp for another pair of focal performance 165ac because I felt like the 4inchs in the back are just too small and canā€™t keep up. Well all I hear out of the performance is base like the sub. Is this due to a bad sub or did my guy wire this incorrectly? Also, I feel like I barely can hear the rear 4inch. I donā€™t experience any clipping, I can turn it 20plus but I donā€™t go louder because it is so load at that level. But my sub has to be turn almost completely down (gain, eq, and frequency) or it has just too much base. However many songs seem to me lacking in the extreme low frequencies, is this sub/amp wired wrong as well? I am contemplating trying a different amp, possibly 4 channel and adding another set of 6.5 under the seats to adjust the performance 6.5 which I plan to put in sound pods (again assuming I can get full signal out of them, again only have base at this point).
Sponsored