Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, shit.... 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I was doing a u-turn at full lock and drove over a curb. I heard the crunch and knew immediately what happened.

I've got the JKS extreme clearance kit coming and am waiting on the email for ordering another resi clamp. I think the best option for me is to stick it up where it was, but further in-board/forward by getting rid of the crash bar mounts.

Bungee'd up for the drive home.

Ford Bronco King 2.5 Bronco kit installed E79B1828-563A-487F-9577-F0D4A2A9D2DA
If i remember right those those brackets install on the bottom not the top . @ragingbullmarketingrbm

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If i remember right those those brackets install on the bottom not the top . @ragingbullmarketingrbm
He couldn’t mount to the bottom as it interfered with his bumper.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He couldn’t mount to the bottom as it interfered with his bumper.
Skid plate, but yes, there's a picture of the issue posted earlier.

My replacement clamp will be here later this week.

Devils68

Everglades
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Well, with a little creative engineering, I was able to modify the reservoir brackets to mount to the top of the crash bar mounts, tucking the resi's nicely up behind the bumper.

My first attempt was to have the resi's follow the frame line but between the chassis and body mount. It just wasn't a good fit as there's a flange that's in the worst spot and prevents the bracket from fitting.

The "fix" just required one hole to move the bracket over, and then cutting off the "extra hole" point of the bracket. Once in location, I used an adjustable wrench to bend the bracket down about 10°, then put the aluminum collar mount on. The brackets are hot dipped or some such mild steel, so I shot the new hole and cut end with some black paint.

I did trim the fender liner a bit to make a hole as well.

The lower OEM shock studs are the same size as the crash bar bolts, so I used those nyloc nuts to secure the bolts King provided. Too easy! 😎

I still need to finish greasing everything, but she's installed.
Be careful with that trim up against the reservoir hose. Had trim against mine in my f150 and it really wore it down to the braiding underneath. That trim in the bronco may be softer but it can still happen.

Sponsored

fordguru

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 2 raptor, 20 expedition max, bronco ba/sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to know if you notice any "Spring" noise, I did a front coil over conversion (With Kings)on my 2007 JKU and could constantly hear the boing boing sound at low speed
Rebel recon kit? I had the same problem, company is not the best

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah rebel has horrible customer service

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My shocks showed up today and I got the rears in. Hopefully I'll get the fronts and UCAs in tomorrow.

King's as-delivered next to factory Big Bend Hitachi rear:

There were no instructions, so this is how the resi mounts go in back. Much easier installing before the shock:

Love them!!! :) I've been eying these and was wondering where you actually bought them from. Also - you did have to change your upper, front control arm right? Or no? I would likely only be looking for a 1" lift max. At that point would I have to buy upgraded tie rods as well? Is that recommended?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love them!!! :) I've been eying these and was wondering where you actually bought them from. Also - you did have to change your upper, front control arm right? Or no? I would likely only be looking for a 1" lift max. At that point would I have to buy upgraded tie rods as well? Is that recommended?

Some people will automatically change the UCAs when installing new coilovers, and on many vehicles it's needed. The reason to change UCAs is to give more clearance, increase range of motion to full droop, and allow for proper alignment once lifted. The stock UCAs are actually very good in the clearance and range of motion aspect, but may not allow proper alignment. As long as all three issues are met, there is no reason to change UCAs. I kept mine with my Icons set on their lowest setting and was just able to get it in alignment. Any higher and I would have had to go to new UCAs. I probably will at some point anyway, but it's not always needed.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really digging this thread and everyone's experiences with King coilovers. I've always leaned towards King suspension myself for cost, quality, and performance all rolled into one but so far I'm only running perch collars on my SAS Bilsteins while waiting for the Bronco suspension market to mature. The stock suspension with the perch collars on small bumps is terrible I will say. Like a truck on too stiff of leaf springs bad.

Question for you all with the King setup, how are your CVs doing off road with the slightly increased droop? It's the only last detail holding me back from upgrading suspension.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really digging this thread and everyone's experiences with King coilovers. I've always leaned towards King suspension myself for cost, quality, and performance all rolled into one but so far I'm only running perch collars on my SAS Bilsteins while waiting for the Bronco suspension market to mature. The stock suspension with the perch collars on small bumps is terrible I will say. Like a truck on too stiff of leaf springs bad.

Question for you all with the King setup, how are your CVs doing off road with the slightly increased droop? It's the only last detail holding me back from upgrading suspension.
I'm actually getting ready to drop my diff about 1.5" just to ease the CV angles at full droop.

The Hitachi's were almost unbearable with expansion joints and pot holes at factory ride height.

I have no regert's about the money spent on my King's. They ride awesome and are dead sexy! 😁

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you using to lower the diff?

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So homemade brackets, why not step it up to TI or 7075 Al, If your going to do it make it right…

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model