First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the “it’s an off road what do you expect?” comments.
Looks like you have a ton of replies. Go find one and test drive. The Bronco is more like a truck than a car. I have 13k miles and some of the interior is scratched. It can be cleaned/reparied so if you want a lux suv get a Range Rover. I hear the Bronco ride is better.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The funny thing is I dunno my wife is complaining….I’ll be the one driving it. She didn’t want the Tesla and now I don’t get to drive it at all 😂😂😂
I let my wife drive my bronco home from the dealership since we went in my truck. We got home and she immediately said nope, wouldn't have bought that. Music to my ears.

But more direct to your situation, my wife would not be happy if she had to drive the Bronco more than the rare occasion. She prefers luxury that the Bronco will never provide.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know those comments can come across as snarky but there is a point to them. The Bronco is an open air, purpose built trail vehicle designed to handle a little (or a lot), of trail dust hence the more utilitarian interior.

The Bronco is also substantially less expensive than a moderately optioned BMW X5 and about the same as a well appointed Kia Telluride but you can't put the top down on a Telluride, not to mention the Telluride looks like countless other SUV's out there and is nowhere near as off-road capable as the Bronco. On the other hand, if you don't care about taking the top down or going off-road maybe consider another option as there are some fantastic luxury SUV's out there.

Ultimately the best thing to do is check it out for yourself. As someone else mentioned, most Ford Dealerships have one or two on hand that you could take for a spin. For what it's worth, my wife was sold after doing one of the Drive the Bronco events.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know those comments can come across as snarky but there is a point to them. The Bronco is an open air, purpose built trail vehicle designed to handle a little (or a lot), of trail dust hence the more utilitarian interior.

The Bronco is also substantially less expensive than a moderately optioned BMW X5 and about the same as a well appointed Kia Telluride but you can't put the top down on a Telluride, not to mention the Telluride looks like countless other SUV's out there and is nowhere near as off-road capable as the Bronco. On the other hand, if you don't care about taking the top down or going off-road maybe consider another option as there are some fantastic luxury SUV's out there.

Ultimately the best thing to do is check it out for yourself. As someone else mentioned, most Ford Dealerships have one or two on hand that you could take for a spin. For what it's worth, my wife was sold after doing one of the Drive the Bronco events.
yeah I actually wanna take the top and doors off. Everything is so damn expensive now. Want a Tahoe? 56k to start. Ridiculous.

I’m waiting for my dealer to call me when he gets a comparable trim in stock so i can check it out. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

PurdueGK

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrrtt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the interior of my OBX. I find it very comfortable and functional. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but who needs all that Jazz? I won’t be taking this vehicle on long family trips but I wouldn’t have an issue driving 2-4 hours with my wife and two kids. My wife on the other hand likes the luxuries of air conditioned seats and she isn’t too fond of manually adjusting the seat. But she is driving an Escalade so you are comparing apples to oranges.
The interior looks great and the seats are very comfortable. 8” touchscreen is plenty and the sync is very responsive.
I would give it an 8/10

Sponsored

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

My wife has a Platinum Explorer and I have Super Duty with ultimate lariat package and I have had no hesitations with my Badlands and everyday I look at it and grin. No complaints from wife when she occasionally drives it either.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the lux package with leather and I like the interior a lot. It’s no Mercedes but it’s comfortable and I like the leather better than the vinyl. Yes it has cheaper plastics but everything is well built and durable. It should be solid for many years.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Folks, the Bronco will never be upscale.
The base vehicle is about 35k and thats what all other trims are based off of.
So a 65k dollar Bronco is built to the same quality spec that a 35k dollar Bronco to just more options.
Plastic Fantastic.
It is what it is.

Jwillo2000

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Rubicon 4xe while waiting for the Bronco. After seeing the Bronco in person, the 4xe was wayyyyyy nicer inside. The Bronco just had a little more room. The dealer called me a little over a year later wanting to buy it back. They gave me more than I paid, and I’m thinking my Bronco is going to be a 2023, so I get a Laramie Ram in the mean time.
2 weeks later, a build date. I am going to end up not buying or flipping the Bronco if I get a good price on it, due to the interior quality.
The Ram is too spacious, way nicer and as some have mentioned, I don’t want to give up air conditioned seats in Florida.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Must admit to not reading all 83 of the replies. OP, personal preferences are just that, personal. What one likes, the next doesn't. It can be food, car seats, car color, pizza, - you name it. Just coming off three BMW products - a well optioned X3, M2 Competition, and Mini Cooper S convertible - I can tell you all had firm seats. Our Badlands Bronco w/ Lux & leather seems fine to me. Seats aren't anymore or less comfortable to me than cars described above. What I do miss is seating & mirror positioning tied to a specific key fob. I'll admit, I'm not an interior snob and aesthetically, I'm fine w/ our Bronco.

Don't over think it. Take care. Contented

Last edited:

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had BMWs, VW atlas, Audis and currently have a Tesla. Never had AC seats. I can live without those although it would be nice to experience some cool air down there 🤷🏼‍♂️

My wife's 2021 Expedition has AC seats. You aren't missing much. Keeps your extreme lower back and your ass crack cool but doesn't do much else. I guess that helps prevent swamp ass, I suppose. But yeah...

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands w/MGV and washout floors. I love it. Its much easier to get the dog hair out and easy to clean. I personally don’t think the interior is cheap. There may be too much plastic for some, but it doesn’t make sense to put leather all over in a vehicle with a removable roof.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's far from luxury. It's utilitarian. But you shouldn't want luxury in an off roading vehicle. You want rugged, water proof and easy to clean. 💧

With that said i feel like you get a lot of technology for the money. Way more then you get in a Jeep. Especially when we're talking about the base model. 👍

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where in california are you? If it’s San Diego you’re welcome to see my badlands

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The “noisy” comments always puzzle me because people are so divided on that. Some say its not noisy, and others feel so strongly about it that they wont daily drive it. Leaves me at a crossroads because I will in fact be daily driving it, and eventually having babies in it nonetheless.
TMI. Haha... But you do the deed whereever...
Sponsored