Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then folks that worry more than others should walk. The vast majority of MTs are on the road and not stuck at the dealer, so it wouldn’t make me pass.
Mines only on the road and not stuck at a dealer because they've been waiting on parts for over 3 months, and have given me tons of crap about a loaner.
Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone received the updated -E transmission yet?
I don't believe so. I could be wrong but I may have heard the first batch of E transmissions should be arriving around 5/17/23. Have you guys heard differently ?

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone received the updated -E transmission yet?
I know that 73 -E versions were to arrive at the distribution center on 4/17/2023 (yes, April 17). And then those were to be shipped out. They cannot confirm is one of those full transmission units will be headed toward my vehicle which has been sitting with transmission removed since 01/04/2023. (105 days now)

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have a 2DR 2022 Badlands with MT - took delivery in November 2022.

Started noticing the grinding/scraping noise around 1,000 miles on cold starts.

Brought it in today for my 1st oil change at 3,200 miles. Had previously called Ford about it and was assigned a Case# and TSB for the transmission. Bronco shifts/drives/performs well.

Service tech stated they have not had any issues involving the transmission yet - but they’ve started to receive calls about it.

Tech immediately heard the noise & ordered all the parts for repair (per the TSB).
They could not give me a time table on when they would receive the parts.
Will call me when all the parts arrive.
Told me it was safe to drive.

Glad to have the issue documented and parts ordered. But no estimated date is a bit concerning.

For now, I just going to enjoy the ride.
We feel/felt your pain. almost 2 months before we got confirm/TSB and part(s) ordered. Ford authorized new tranny due to inability of part not yet available; I called to check on status=surprise=new tranny came in, so did parts(5/6th gear synchronizers-which came out in "2 pieces-not one piece" (as spec'd). Got repaired tranny; no noises-so far. So, hoping this act in the ford quality drama is ending.....

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know that 73 -E versions were to arrive at the distribution center on 4/17/2023 (yes, April 17). And then those were to be shipped out. They cannot confirm is one of those full transmission units will be headed toward my vehicle which has been sitting with transmission removed since 01/04/2023. (105 days now)
Yes, and, No. See my post today. Evidently both new tranny and parts(both synchronizers) arrived simultaneously. Had our tranny already out, put in new parts, seems ok. No grinding, rattling on cold/o/n idle........we have extended warranty, so............

Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We feel/felt your pain. almost 2 months before we got confirm/TSB and part(s) ordered. Ford authorized new tranny due to inability of part not yet available; I called to check on status=surprise=new tranny came in, so did parts(5/6th gear synchronizers-which came out in "2 pieces-not one piece" (as spec'd). Got repaired tranny; no noises-so far. So, hoping this act in the ford quality drama is ending.....
Happy to hear you got repaired and the noise is gone. Mine has been documented and parts ordered. NO idea when those parts will come in?

Also happy that I’m currently driving it. Could not imagine being without my Bronco for 2-3+ months while making payments on it. That would not sit well with me and be complaining/calling daily.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here from the DFW area and if so do you have a dealer that was sympathetic or at least understanding with our issue with the 7 MT? I don’t think my dealer wants to do any warranty work so they just deny there is an issue.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine has disappeared in the last week as well as it warmed up.

The dealer called yesterday and said my TSB parts are still on back order. At least that should guarantee them to be Ds right?
I called to check in with my dealer yesterday as they are waiting for backordered TSB parts as well. Apparently, they have had the rings in hand for a while and the only backordered part they are waiting for is a roll pin.
Asked if the ring part numbers end in 'D' or otherwise and was told they do end in 'D'.
Seems odd to me that they would have the updated rings as I first took it in to them in January and be held up for months by a part as basic as a roll pin. Must be one hell of a roll pin...
Hope they're not blowing smoke up my ass.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems odd to me that they would have the updated rings as I first took it in to them in January and be held up for months by a part as basic as a roll pin. Must be one hell of a roll pin...
Hope they're not blowing smoke up my ass.
They aren't. I just ordered parts this morning for another Bronco, the roll pin is still on backorder.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
They aren't. I just ordered parts this morning for another Bronco, the roll pin is still on backorder.
More referring to the rings being the 'D' revision rather than the roll pin as they claim to have had them in hand for a month or more now, but thank you for that info none the less.

Any idea what's the hold up with the roll pin?
When I hear "roll pin" my assumption is that it's just that, a run of the mill roll pin. What would keep them from getting them by the hundreds of thousands? Or is there something unique about it?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any idea what's the hold up with the roll pin?
When I hear "roll pin" my assumption is that it's just that, a run of the mill roll pin. What would keep them from getting them by the hundreds of thousands? Or is there something unique about it?
I have no idea to be honest. Just looks like any normal roll pin to me 🤷‍♂️

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been waiting on a roll pin and a few other parts since mid January

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get one of the 73!

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you are getting the E transmission?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unbelieveable they are still having issues getting the roll pins. This has been going on for months. Most any machine shop has a ton of different sizes. It's as though these must be plated in gold or something. Pretty pathetic.
Sponsored