First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know. I mentioned it to them. They still just wanted to argue with me about it.
Do you want a copy of it or do you have it?
Sponsored

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have sent an email to Jeffery Marentic, high executive at Ford Motors, Describing this issue that many of us are having, and link to this forum weeks back, and have not received a response. I am was very disappointed when I had to wait nearly two years to get my Bronco, and a lot my disappointed to receive a defective Bronco and wait for a fix since last December.

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had my Bronco a couple months. 2000 miles. I have the 2.3 manual in my Badlands. When I start it up in the morning I hear what sounds like a grinding, somethings loose kind of noise. When I push the clutch in it seems to go away. It also seems to go away after it has been driven a while. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal? I have an appointment to bring the truck in tomorrow 1/12/22. I will let everyone know how I make out. Anyone else experiencing this?

UPDATE Well not really what I wanted to hear or satisfied with the explanation I got. Service manager said it could possibly be the throw out bearing. As the invoice states they have a call into Ford. They will call me when they hear from them. I picked up the truck as they said it was fine to drive. They also said it may be a break-in thing, which I know is not the case. It drives fine, shifts easy and clutch is easy to operate. Besides the noise no issues. I have to say until I hear from them again I’m hesitant to drive it. Luckily I’ll be out of town for a few days. Hopefully I’ll hear back before I get home.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound Screenshot_20221026-184548_Samsung Internet
I just test drove a 2.3 manual badlands and I heard the exact same noise.

Sponsored

MoneyMaynard

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just drove to Florida from West Virginia. Had zero problems so it may just be a noisy ass trans! I hope there is a fix but it didn’t effect my trip in any way! Almost 2000 mile trip making that noise every time I started it up cold. Just saying!

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Adding to the the videos of the noise.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My transmission was replaced as well, however i still have the same exact noise

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. New transmission and same noise after about 400 miles. I get the cold temp rattle in neutral and the 1st-2nd gear rattle all the time regardless of temperature.

Sponsored

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same new transmission same noise. Replaced at the end of July....noticed it was back a few weeks later. I saw someone on the other forum said they were on their 3rd transmission and still hearing it.

jking12

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Bronco, 21' Mazda MX-5 Miata, 19' Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up a brand new 2022 Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch package 7MT from VA to NH. First noticed the sound the morning after purchasing when cold starting the truck with about 600 miles on it from the VA trek. Put 1800 miles on the thing in the first 2 weeks and the rattling sound is there and loud until the truck is completely warmed up.

My MGV seats have sag in the front, the windows rattle, A pillar on the passengers side leaks, and the 2nd time I sat in the driver's seat the right side of it fell backwards.

This is my first Ford...is this what I should expect from a brand new American made vehicle...?

I have a 2019 Golf R DSG with 30k miles now and 2021 Mazda MX-5 Miata 6MT coming on 18k and those cars haven't had a SINGLE issue, not even as much as a creak while driving.

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked up a brand new 2022 Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch package 7MT from VA to NH. First noticed the sound the morning after purchasing when cold starting the truck with about 600 miles on it from the VA trek. Put 1800 miles on the thing in the first 2 weeks and the rattling sound is there and loud until the truck is completely warmed up.

My MGV seats have sag in the front, the windows rattle, A pillar on the passengers side leaks, and the 2nd time I sat in the driver's seat the right side of it fell backwards.

This is my first Ford...is this what I should expect from a brand new American made vehicle...?

I have a 2019 Golf R DSG with 30k miles now and 2021 Mazda MX-5 Miata 6MT coming on 18k and those cars haven't had a SINGLE issue, not even as much as a creak while driving.
To be fair, Mazda is today what Toyota and Honda were in the late 80's and nineties. When they separated themselves from Ford and went 100% Japanese built in 2012 and the updated KODO styling it was the best decision that company could have made.
The best BangForBuck vehicle anyone could buy for styling, reliabilty and fuel effeciency.
I'm currently awaiting an appraisal at Carmax and ready to dump this at 800 miles since not one Ford dealer seems to give me any answers when I call and tell them I have a case number, who can I speak to regarding getting this in to be looked at.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping Ford releases a TSB soon. In the meanwhile, ill drive it like this. Love my Bronco, but this noise is somewhat disappointing
Sponsored