First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco will be 2yo in December so I'm waiting until 2025 to get the tranny repaired...assuming it doesn't grenade before then. I only have 12.5k on the clock so I'm not worried about mileage.

I took it to my local Ford Dealer and they said they couldn't fix it because they don't have a transmission guy (Copout? Maybe). The next closest dealer is about 30 miles away so I'll have some logistics to work out.

I've had the noise since day 1 but never any issues with the 7MT otherwise.
Sponsored

quickhitjack

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2015 BMW 440I Drive
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello-- I have the exact same sound on mine-- started the first morning after purchasing it new. Not sure what to do as dealer told me it's normal...Mine's a 2024 Badland's Sas

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, finally tossed the dice and took my 23 BL @ 7000 miles in for the grinding a couple weeks ago. It had the "Sasquatch grumble" at 13 miles (day one). Tech called it instantly, the noise was that loud. Rep said they'd be tagging the service to the "new" 24-2042 TSB. I'm already looking at 5 weeks wait. Synchros arrived in 7 days but the shop is "backed up" til June 17th.
Fingers crossed they'll do a good job, take their time, won't screw up anything else, ...aaaand the tranny comes back quiet as a mouse.
(Nervous because I've seen SIWs from other Ford shops: pinched fuel lines, damaged tranny frames, damaged slave cylinders, and horrible post-service-shifting to name a few.)
Attached the TSB they gave me for everyone's info:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB 24 2042 1.pdf
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB 24 2042 2.pdf
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB 24 2042 3.pdf
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB 24 2042 4.pdf

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, finally tossed the dice and took my 23 BL @ 7000 miles in for the grinding a couple weeks ago. It had the "Sasquatch grumble" at 13 miles (day one). Tech called it instantly, the noise was that loud. Rep said they'd be tagging the service to the "new" 24-2042 TSB. I'm already looking at 5 weeks wait. Synchros arrived in 7 days but the shop is "backed up" til June 17th.
Fingers crossed they'll do a good job, take their time, won't screw up anything else, ...aaaand the tranny comes back quiet as a mouse.
(Nervous because I've seen SIWs from other Ford shops: pinched fuel lines, damaged tranny frames, damaged slave cylinders, and horrible post-service-shifting to name a few.)
Attached the TSB they gave me for everyone's info:
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound TSB 24 2042 4.pdf
Yeah, @Ducati1098 posted that when it came out. Same as the old one but they added MY '24.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello-- I have the exact same sound on mine-- started the first morning after purchasing it new. Not sure what to do as dealer told me it's normal...Mine's a 2024 Badland's Sas
Hello there! I would like to look into this scraping noise concern on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the same synchro rings come in the updated transmission as the ones for the TSB, is there a logical reason for performing the TSB on the 2024 model ?​

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the same synchro rings come in the updated transmission as the ones for the TSB, is there a logical reason for performing the TSB on the 2024 model ?​
They should be the same updated rings on transmissions installed sometime in April 2023 to the present. Ford did add MY2024 to the TSB so not sure their thinking if they fixed the issue? :crazy:

Maybe @Ducati1098 can offer some advice. Is your tranny rattling loudly? Mine makes the rattle mostly when cold so until I see that they have a legit fix, I'm living with it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They should be the same updated rings on transmissions installed sometime in April 2023 to the present. Ford did add MY2024 to the TSB so not sure their thinking if they fixed the issue? :crazy:

Maybe @Ducati1098 can offer some advice. Is your tranny rattling loudly? Mine makes the rattle mostly when cold so until I see that they have a legit fix, I'm living with it.
I’m not 100% sure the updated transmissions ever got the updated rings or not. I thought originally they did, but if that’s the case I wouldn’t expect them to add 24’s to the TSB. I’ll have to wait to rebuild a newer one to find out

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

On my third transmission, still makes the grinding noise when temperatures fall below 50 degrees, and rattles when the weather warms up..

Last edited:

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello there! I would like to look into this scraping noise concern on my end. Please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer.
Brought mine in shorty after getting it in fall of 2022, and at the time they said that's normal and 2 weeks I heard enough scraping that I was how much metal chips and flakes are flowing thru my transmission, I brought it in a couple weeks ago and they agreed it's not normal.

They said they can get the parts but are having trouble finding a tool, that they described as some sort of wall mounted bearing press?

So, obviously this is their first one and I get to be the guinea pig!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brought mine in shorty after getting it in fall of 2022, and at the time they said that's normal and 2 weeks I heard enough scraping that I was how much metal chips and flakes are flowing thru my transmission, I brought it in a couple weeks ago and they agreed it's not normal.

They said they can get the parts but are having trouble finding a tool, that they described as some sort of wall mounted bearing press?

So, obviously this is their first one and I get to be the guinea pig!
I wouldn’t be worried about metal chips and flakes. I know it sounds like there would be, but there’s a magnet in there and I’ve never seen any abnormal amount of build up on them when rebuilding them.

I’m not sure what tool they’re talking about though because I don’t use any type of wall mounted bearing press. Any normal shop press (which every shop should already have) works perfectly fine.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn’t be worried about metal chips and flakes. I know it sounds like there would be, but there’s a magnet in there and I’ve never seen any abnormal amount of build up on them when rebuilding them.

I’m not sure what tool they’re talking about though because I don’t use any type of wall mounted bearing press. Any normal shop press (which every shop should already have) works perfectly fine.
They told me mine will be their first time cracking open one of these transmissions but that they're all pretty similar, he just doesn't have that tool.

I messaged the ford rep in this thread and I have faith they'll fix it!

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m not 100% sure the updated transmissions ever got the updated rings or not. I thought originally they did, but if that’s the case I wouldn’t expect them to add 24’s to the TSB. I’ll have to wait to rebuild a newer one to find out
The truth is the issue hasn't been resolved entirely with any of the parts that Ford has thrown at it which is why 2024s are still showing up with the issue! :unsure:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The truth is the issue hasn't been resolved entirely with any of the parts that Ford has thrown at it which is why 2024s are still showing up with the issue! :unsure:
I've never had one return after completing the TSB 🤷‍♂️ I can't speak for others though.
Sponsored