First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a 2 door Badlands manual with about 1200 miles.

Haven‘t experienced the severity that some of you have had but there is faint sound - like rocks/pebbles being shaken in a metal container.

Do we know the exact problem yet? Brand new transmission the answer?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

17° this morning and obviously the noise is still there however today I put it in that sixth tilt position where it usually disappears it disappeared about 75% of the way I actually could still hear noise tho faintly.

That's kinda new.

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Again, this doesn’t really show anything. Some people still think and want the transmission swapped and think that’s part of the TSB. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me back saying the parts are in, but I’ll try to post actual details and not a random screenshot.
one of those directly say parts were replaced they saw first hand but noise came back and i believe I saw another "3rd" account of TSB not fixing issue yesterday, now dealer is asking FORD for new transmission. There was no TSB for replacing transmission. I doubt these people following this and having the issue believe a trans replacement is the TSB. There are 2 flavors here. THose who got trans replaced and those getting TSB. Neither is solving the issue and why would a TSB solve it without part revisions when its obviously mechanical and happening to BRAND NEW transmissions......? The TSB is FORDs attempt to act like they have a fix while they access how big of a problem this really is. This is getting bigger as the days pass.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thought exactly. I picked the 2.3 for 7MT. Would have been safer picking a 2.7 auto even with the value drop scenario surround on those early on.
Yeah I'm kicking myself that I might have chosen the wrong vehicle config. Not expecting car-like performance out of this 4x4, but a transmission defect would be a kind of line in the sand. Especially if there seems not a clear fix. Darn. Looks like I'll have a decision to make on delivery, if it seems this issue is still ongoing. :(

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

one of those directly say parts were replaced they saw first hand but noise came back and i believe I saw another "3rd" account of TSB not fixing issue yesterday, now dealer is asking FORD for new transmission. There was no TSB for replacing transmission. I doubt these people following this and having the issue believe a trans replacement is the TSB. There are 2 flavors here. THose who got trans replaced and those getting TSB. Neither is solving the issue and why would a TSB solve it without part revisions when its obviously mechanical and happening to BRAND NEW transmissions......? The TSB is FORDs attempt to act like they have a fix while they access how big of a problem this really is. This is getting bigger as the days pass.
It's going to get even bigger after some of these MY23 build weeks that are manual trans heavy. My build being one of them.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's going to get even bigger after some of these MY23 build weeks that are manual trans heavy. My build being one of them.
Would you consider not accepting the vehicle? If I bring a new vehicle home, and my wife starts asking what's up with the transmission noise, and I tell her "Oh, it's a known issue and there isn't really a fix and I still bought it" ... maybe I'm headed for divorce court, lol. Seriously though, she'll read me the riot act for accepting the vehicle, and she'd have a point.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would you consider not accepting the vehicle? If I bring a new vehicle home, and my wife starts asking what's up with the transmission noise, and I tell her "Oh, it's a known issue and there isn't really a fix and I still bought it" ... maybe I'm headed for divorce court, lol. Seriously though, she'll read me the riot act for accepting the vehicle, and she'd have a point.
I don't know is the only answer I have right now. I've just started looking more into this (I know I'm very late to the party), so I need a moment. LOL.

Yeah, the 2.7 issues that popped up early on aren't looking too bad right now. I just wanted the manual tranny for probably the last vehicle I'll own with it. This is my first and probably only brand new car I'll purchase for myself (I'm 46), so it's a bit stressful. I have 2 boys in elementary school, so I might not have this chance again for awhile.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

go on a long test drive let it sit over night and then say youll finish the paper work in the morning. Start that bad boy up cold before you sign, IDK. Seems like its going to eventually be all of them the way things seem.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

this is the position I’m in as well…🤯

Sponsored

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last November Car and Driver magazine started a long term test of a badlands with the 7MT.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/

Have been checking back for an update, but none found. Searched their long term test page,

https://www.caranddriver.com/search/?q=Long term test

and the Bronco isn't listed as part of the test fleet.

Would love to see if C&D is experiencing the grinding noise and what Ford is telling them...........but its gone. Cue the X-Files music!

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know is the only answer I have right now. I've just started looking more into this (I know I'm very late to the party), so I need a moment. LOL.

Yeah, the 2.7 issues that popped up early on aren't looking too bad right now. I just wanted the manual tranny for probably the last vehicle I'll own with it. This is my first and probably only brand new car I'll purchase for myself (I'm 46), so it's a bit stressful. I have 2 boys in elementary school, so I might not have this chance again for awhile.
I've also never bought a new vehicle for myself - this would be the first. I had largely moved on and was ready to get my $100 back, then suddenly my order was picked up, and now this transmission thing. Talk about whiplash, lol.

Probably need to step back. I view aggravation as a cost, and so essentially costs are being added to this future purchase as I type! Hopefully in a few months there is a legit resolution to the trans issue, else a hard decision will have to be made.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to the service guys at my dealer today. Was told that the TSB was updated to include more parts and the synchro specifically has a superceded part number. Anyone able to confirm or heard similar?
That is false. I just logged in and there is no superseded bulletin and all of the parts list is the same with the same numbers. You've been lied to lol
qualifies for "my dealer said"....DRINK!!

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've also never bought a new vehicle for myself - this would be the first. I had largely moved on and was ready to get my $100 back, then suddenly my order was picked up, and now this transmission thing. Talk about whiplash, lol.

Probably need to step back. I view aggravation as a cost, and so essentially costs are being added to this future purchase as I type! Hopefully in a few months there is a legit resolution to the trans issue, else a hard decision will have to be made.
Yeah, I'm not canceling now and eating $500 non-refundable deposit I paid a week ago. I'll ride it out and see where we're at when delivery happens.
Sponsored