First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot to mention October 30, 2021 delivery, 2.3/7sp MT, Badlands w/ 8800 miles
Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 10, it was a cool morning, started my Bronco, and heard a loud rattling noise. I got out to see if I could hear it better. Opened the hood and I thought, heat shield rattle. I’ve had a lot of cars and I was sure I had a loose heat shield. Got back in, revved it up, and not much change. Pushed the clutch in, an noise left! I did it several times to verify what I’m hearing. I said to myself bad throw out bearing. Fast forward to today and I stopped in to the Ford dealer to make appointment for oil change, tire rotation and door lock recall. I also inquired about the clutch release bearing, and they said Did it sound like marbles rolling around, and I said no it sounds like a heat shield, or better yet the clutch release bearing. I would have to leave it overnight so they can verify the noise, but don’t worry, I have warranty until 2024 and documenting the problem will do nothing. Is this so, and is there another way to verify this issue?
Over 2 months waiting and the replacement transmission is in. Dealership says they're backed up and can't replace until August 🙄 When all is said and done it will be over 4 months from diagnosis to replacement 🤮
Same issue here. Had mine replaced at the end of July. Everything was quiet until a few weeks ago when the weather at night got a bit colder. I noticed the noise was back when I was coasting in a low gear but wasn't doing it in neutral. I made an appointment to at least get it documented. This morning was our first really cold morning of the season and sure enough happening just like before when it was in neutral. I can deal with it as long as it's not a mechanical issue..just need Ford to give us some answers

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try moving the shift knob towards the 6th gear, if the noise stops, your Bronco has the same issue as all 2.3 L, manual transmission..

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
October 10, it was a cool morning, started my Bronco, and heard a loud rattling noise. I got out to see if I could hear it better. Opened the hood and I thought, heat shield rattle. I’ve had a lot of cars and I was sure I had a loose heat shield. Got back in, revved it up, and not much change. Pushed the clutch in, an noise left! I did it several times to verify what I’m hearing. I said to myself bad throw out bearing. Fast forward to today and I stopped in to the Ford dealer to make appointment for oil change, tire rotation and door lock recall. I also inquired about the clutch release bearing, and they said Did it sound like marbles rolling around, and I said no it sounds like a heat shield, or better yet the clutch release bearing. I would have to leave it overnight so they can verify the noise, but don’t worry, I have warranty until 2024 and documenting the problem will do nothing. Is this so, and is there another way to verify this issue?
Hi Barney. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

LegacyHunter

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am experiencing the same noise. Have 9900 miles on the Bronco and seems to be getting worse. Taking it in for a oil change soon and going to have them check it.

Sponsored

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I scheduled my service visit for the noise today, it has been getting worse and worse. Now it’s to the point where even after driving 40 minutes to work it is still noisy.

My question is if the trans replacements aren’t fixing the problem what solution do we have? Hope for a recall and actual fix?

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To my understanding, the noise is coming from the clutch or gear box. I wanted to speak with the Ford engineer who inspected my Bronco, but the dealer told me that he doesn’t speak to customers: before Ford offered to replace the transmission, I told my dealer that I had doubts about the noise coming from the transmission as when moving the stick towards the sixth gear, without engaging the transmission, the noise would stop but my dealer told me that the Ford Engineer was very confident that the noise was coming from the transmission. Few weeks back, I called my Dealer about the same issue, and they told me that they had spoken to the same engineer and he told them that they would have to confirm the noise before he can suggest another fix. I took my Bronco back and they confirmed hearing the same noise, and related the info to the Engineer. It’s been two weeks and no reply from the Regional Engineer..

Last edited:

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm experiencing the same only at cold start up in the morning. It does go away after it's warmed up, though. Not really a concern to me right now.
I've got a 2010 Ranger 4.0L SOHC with the manual Mazda(?) tranny. That tranny is not known for extreme robustness...
When it had about 15K miles on it, I had a main shaft rattle on cold mornings until it warmed up. I switched to Mobile 1 synthetic ATF tranny/transfer case fluid at about 25K miles...no more noise.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Ford rep,

Since all Broncos with manual transmission are making the same noise, you should notify headquarters of all the complaints, and have a recall instead of having each of us go to different dealers and waste our time with mechanics that don’t quite understand the cause of the problem.

Sponsored

jvandenhoff

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 badlands
2800KM and the tranny noise started. currently in the shop now

tasker

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Sport 351, hydroboost 33's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HAVE NOTICED a little noise here and there, usually cold when first starting out....4000 miles thus far

jvandenhoff

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HAVE NOTICED a little noise here and there, usually cold when first starting out....4000 miles thus far
I have not had mine for long but the mornings i started it up to go to work it was above 15C outside, now we are hitting temps of 4C in the morning and thats when i noticed the noise.

I have tried starting at different temps 12C seems to be the boarder line of hit and miss anything under 12C and it makes noise

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck! I already had my transmission replaced, and still have the same exact noise. I don’t think Ford has been able to identify the cause of the problem.

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2700 miles and I have the same noise now.
Sponsored