First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trying to learn to ignore the noise and enjoy my rides with the top off.. Best of luck with yours!!
Sponsored

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got an appointment to have my Bronco looked at. They said, "technician unable to replicate complaint" When I went to pick it up it was making the noise as soon as I started out of the parking lot. I went back in and had the tech ride with me, he said it was just the synchros and it was normal. At this point I'm just going to drive it until it does something worse than make noise.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally got an appointment to have my Bronco looked at. They said, "technician unable to replicate complaint" When I went to pick it up it was making the noise as soon as I started out of the parking lot. I went back in and had the tech ride with me, he said it was just the synchros and it was normal. At this point I'm just going to drive it until it does something worse than make noise.
Hi there. This noise concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

PintCup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D Soft top Lux 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there. This noise concern doesn't sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Hey Ford,
I had the same experience. Made an appointment with my dealer, when the service manager jumped in with me for a ride along to hear the noise he said "Sounds just like the ZF6's in the old super duties, not anything to worry about." I already have a service case started with Ford. How should I proceed?

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over 2 months waiting and the replacement transmission is in. Dealership says they're backed up and can't replace until August 🙄 When all is said and done it will be over 4 months from diagnosis to replacement 🤮

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being in Colorado and taking delivery last October, I was curious if warmer weather would quiet it down as it seems to have with some people. I can definitively say that mine is actually louder and more noticeable with the warmer weather we are currently having. I was curious to see what results others were getting with their dealer's addressing the issue prior to taking mine out of service (only vehicle). My comprehensive list of things for the dealer to address is now long enough and serious enough for me to bite the bullet and be prepared to be without it for a couple of months or so.

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Being in Colorado and taking delivery last October, I was curious if warmer weather would quiet it down as it seems to have with some people. I can definitively say that mine is actually louder and more noticeable with the warmer weather we are currently having. I was curious to see what results others were getting with their dealer's addressing the issue prior to taking mine out of service (only vehicle). My comprehensive list of things for the dealer to address is now long enough and serious enough for me to bite the bullet and be prepared to be without it for a couple of months or so.
Did you end up taking it in? I am in the same situation being my only vehicle so I just dread the thought of not having it for months.
I did not take delivery until June so I have no real cold weather experience. Mine started about 700 miles and now at 3000 miles still does it every morning for my drive to work but does not seem to do it on the way home.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you end up taking it in? I am in the same situation being my only vehicle so I just dread the thought of not having it for months.
I did not take delivery until June so I have no real cold weather experience. Mine started about 700 miles and now at 3000 miles still does it every morning for my drive to work but does not seem to do it on the way home.
FWIW I had mine replaced a few weeks ago and so far no noise. I would still hear it even when it was hot out. Not calling victory until the weather turns cold again. Took a few months for it to come in and once they got it in the garage a couple days to replace. They let me drive it while the transmission was on order.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had a noise on my Bronco since the day I got it, when it only had 7 miles on it. I can’t figure out if it’s a transmission noise or something else. It doesn’t make the noise when I’m idling at rest, but it makes it while moving, no matter if I’m in gear, in neutral, or have the clutch pedal pushed in. I seem to hear it mostly at slower speeds, but that might be due to road noise at higher speeds drowning it out.

Here is a thread I recently created about the issue, there are a few videos on there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/7mt-badlands-noise-at-low-speeds.51802/

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had a noise on my Bronco since the day I got it, when it only had 7 miles on it. I can’t figure out if it’s a transmission noise or something else. It doesn’t make the noise when I’m idling at rest, but it makes it while moving, no matter if I’m in gear, in neutral, or have the clutch pedal pushed in. I seem to hear it mostly at slower speeds, but that might be due to road noise at higher speeds drowning it out.

Here is a thread I recently created about the issue, there are a few videos on there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/7mt-badlands-noise-at-low-speeds.51802/
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone!
I got my transmission replaced a few months ago, and over the Summer the rattling noise was very minor, only in low RPM. I thought I was hearing thing at some point and didn’t pay much attention. Today the temperature dropped to 50 degrees in NY, and when I started my Bronco in the morning, I could hear the same exact noise as before replacing the transmission: same loudness, and symptoms, where If you press on the clutch, or move the shifter towards the 6th gear, the noise stops. This is very disappointing, after waiting for nearly 4 months to get my transmission replaced. I called my dealer, and they said that they will need to contact Ford and let me know what they say.. will keep you posted.
Agi

Last edited:

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone!
I got my transmission replaced a few months ago, and over the Summer the rattling noise was very minor, only in RPM. I thought I was hearing thinks at some point and didn’t pay much attention. Today the temperature dropped to 50 degrees in NY, and when I started my Bronco in the morning, I could hear the same exact noise as before replacing the transmission: same loudness, and symptoms where If you press on the clutch, or move the shifter towards the 6th gear, the noise stops. This is very disappointing, after waiting for nearly 4 months to get my transmission replaced. I called my dealer, and they said that, they need to contact Ford and let me know what they say.. will keep you posted.
Agi
Mine makes the same noise, no issues with function. There is no difference in design of the MT that they’re making now, they’ll most likely make the same noise, really no point in getting a replacement. Drive it until you have a problem.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone!
I got my transmission replaced a few months ago, and over the Summer the rattling noise was very minor, only in RPM. I thought I was hearing thinks at some point and didn’t pay much attention. Today the temperature dropped to 50 degrees in NY, and when I started my Bronco in the morning, I could hear the same exact noise as before replacing the transmission: same loudness, and symptoms where If you press on the clutch, or move the shifter towards the 6th gear, the noise stops. This is very disappointing, after waiting for nearly 4 months to get my transmission replaced. I called my dealer, and they said that, they need to contact Ford and let me know what they say.. will keep you posted.
Agi
Same issue here. Had mine replaced at the end of July. Everything was quiet until a few weeks ago when the weather at night got a bit colder. I noticed the noise was back when I was coasting in a low gear but wasn't doing it in neutral. I made an appointment to at least get it documented. This morning was our first really cold morning of the season and sure enough happening just like before when it was in neutral. I can deal with it as long as it's not a mechanical issue..just need Ford to give us some answers

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello everyone!
Agi
Hi there, Agi! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 10, it was a cool morning, started my Bronco, and heard a loud rattling noise. I got out to see if I could hear it better. Opened the hood and I thought, heat shield rattle. I’ve had a lot of cars and I was sure I had a loose heat shield. Got back in, revved it up, and not much change. Pushed the clutch in, an noise left! I did it several times to verify what I’m hearing. I said to myself bad throw out bearing. Fast forward to today and I stopped in to the Ford dealer to make appointment for oil change, tire rotation and door lock recall. I also inquired about the clutch release bearing, and they said Did it sound like marbles rolling around, and I said no it sounds like a heat shield, or better yet the clutch release bearing. I would have to leave it overnight so they can verify the noise, but don’t worry, I have warranty until 2024 and documenting the problem will do nothing. Is this so, and is there another way to verify this issue?
Sponsored