First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have noticed this noise as well since the temps have dropped in the morning. The noise is present with clutch pedal released in neutral. Noise goes away after clutch depressed or when vehicle warms up. 2200 miles on my base 2 Dr. I was a Ford tech 20 years ago and now I teach high school auto tech. This is not a throw out bearing issue as it's not rotating with clutch not depressed. Maybe a change in fluid viscosity may be the cure since it's cold engine related. My students and I have investigated the noise and seems to be coming from the transmission.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have this noise on mornings below 55 degrees. I have also noticed a similar instance of the noise when I shift from 2nd to third so I wouldn't rule out the synchronizers. 800 miles on mine and now I won't even drive it.
Why wouldn’t you drive it? There hasn’t been any reported failures. Just a noise when cold.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm, I would have initially suspected a throw out bearing. If it's not that, then it's definitely coming from within the transmission as stated in a previous post. And since it occurs only when cold I would strongly suspect fluid viscosity.

It may not really be an issue if the noise goes away when warmed up. Although all the manuals made would need to make the same noise when cold. I would double check the fluid level as well just to be sure it is full. It might be already stated, I did not read through all of the pages.

I have had many manual transmissions in my time. I did have two defective ones- one in a 2005 Jeep Wrangler- it was replaced under warranty after a trip to 3 different dealers, where only one acknowledged it was defective. The other in a 1985 Ford F150, 4 speed with granny low. It spent a lot of the time at the dealer trying to find the issue. It was never resolved, I had to live with it.

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would suspect all these transmissions have this noise at one point or another, there have been many complaints on this noise only with a cold engine. Mine made the noise this morning with 39 degree temps. Noise was gone by the time I reached the top of my subdivision. I'm still going to say fluid viscosity, I may be wrong.

jvandenhoff

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know of a tsb yet ? Has anyone tried swapping tranny fluid ?

Sponsored

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would suspect all these transmissions have this noise at one point or another, there have been many complaints on this noise only with a cold engine. Mine made the noise this morning with 39 degree temps. Noise was gone by the time I reached the top of my subdivision. I'm still going to say fluid viscosity, I may be wrong.
How many miles are you at? Mine was this way initially when it started at 700 miles but now at 6700 it does it all the time.

I’m still waiting on my service appointment even though I know there is no real fix from ford at this point I at least want to reported. I really want to change the fluid but I want no excuses saying that somehow that is what did it.

jvandenhoff

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many miles are you at? Mine was this way initially when it started at 700 miles but now at 6700 it does it all the time.

I’m still waiting on my service appointment even though I know there is no real fix from ford at this point I at least want to reported. I really want to change the fluid but I want no excuses saying that somehow that is what did it.
mine started at 2800KM , weather got a bit colder out. we had some hot days and i noticed it still did it but only for a few seconds. i have noted that yesterday morning it did not do it on first start but later on in the day on my way home from work it did it and this morning was quiet start. seems like i am in the coming and going stage. been to the dealer they heard the sound and reported it so i have it on file. I am not going to touch anything and waiting for a TSB or a fix or something to break. I waited a long time for this Bronco and it has kinda soured me but see as i am not a lone and more and more people are voice up on this issue, I think ford will have a solution sooner than later.

Prew

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2200 miles, I bet Redline with Shockproof fluid would do the trick. I use it in my Harley's and quiets them down in a flash.

Hicksnstix

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Fairlane, 2022 Bronco Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep even after my 40 minute drive to work. It won’t do it idle at that point but going slow across the parking lot when I pull in you can still hear it. Originally when it first started you could only hear when temps were below 50 and it was the first drive of the morning plus at that point it would last until I was a mile from home.

Sponsored

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same issue with mine. Noise happens regardless of temperature and is really noticeable when slowing down in 1st or 2nd gear. Transmission was replaced at 1600 miles. Now at 2200 and the sound is back and as loud as ever. Dealer is working with Ford again for another fix. Beginning to think that these transmissions may not be super great...

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 BL with the MT as well at 1204 miles and I have exactly the same problem. I'll investigate more tomorrow morning.

Also, I just took delivery of this vehicle about 4 weeks ago.

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed that the noise is there. Moving towards 6th gear makes the noise stop. Note: this is without touching the clutch at all. Just moving the shifter right and down just a bit and it's gone.

Also, fully depressing the clutch pedal makes the noise go away.

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other forum had someone say this:.

“oil separator check valve”

... And that it was serious and needs to be replaced.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im currently scheduled for 11/14, been moved 3 times. But hope this is fixed before my build. 22’ Badlands manual.
Sponsored