Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I
That's my plan. And will use my "sorry you can't get a mod top" Ford Pass points to help pay for it.
got those and still got a MOD top haha
Sponsored

red.radar

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford F250, 1978 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Extremely wishful thinking. You better buy the extended warranty from Granger at $50 above dealer cost.
I have seen it done with other brands so that is why I brought it up.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fred A

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I picked my Bronco up in November after an 8 month wait. It had the noise since we got it. My son and I were debating whether it was the throw out bearing. We finally did some research and thanks to this website and all of you it became clear.

Last week I visited the Ford dealer where I bought the Bronco (and 4 other Fords in the last 4 years). The assigned service writer was aware of the issue. She says the “fix” in the TSB (22-2371) doesn’t work because the synchos called for in the TSB are the SAME synchos that’re in the tranny currently. Her suggestion was the hangout and wait and see what Ford comes up with, but unaware if they have a plan. I called Ford 800 392-3673 and they were no help. Told me since I hadn’t had the car diagnosed, I was just spewing hypotheticals.

I dropped the Bronco off at the dealership Sunday night after going around with the service writer last week. She didn’t want to deal with it since I didn’t know yet whether I wanted to rip the tranny out of a brand new car and have it dissected on a workbench for a fix that apparently doesn’t work. I tried explaining that I didn’t know where this whole thing’s going and Ford won’t talk to me unless it’s diagnosed. Moreover, I wanted to start documenting the issue in case I needed it later, like for a Lemon Law claim.

So I picked the Bronco up today and the service invoice documents the problem. I just hung up with Ford after getting nowhere. Tried telling the customer service rep that all I wanted her to do was find the person at FORD that could intelligently discuss FORD’s plan to fix this issue. She offered to find me a new dealer. Once again I told her my issue is not with the dealer but with FORD……………

My service writer was out today. I’ll call her tomorrow and we’ll see where it goes from here. Needless to say, had I known this was going to happen I never would have bought the Bronco!!

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I visited the Ford dealer where I bought the Bronco (and 4 other Fords in the last 4 years). The assigned service writer was aware of the issue. She says the “fix” in the TSB (22-2371) doesn’t work because the synchos called for in the TSB are the SAME synchos that’re in the tranny currently. Her suggestion was the hangout and wait and see what Ford comes up with, but unaware if they have a plan. I called Ford 800 392-3673 and they were no help. Told me since I hadn’t had the car diagnosed, I was just spewing hypotheticals.
If nothing else it would appear our plight is getting attention.

bobogto

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally got the latest long term review update from Car and Driver with no mention of grinding sound from the Manual transmission 🤨

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/
I wouldn't count on these guys to notice it. Maybe they don't have it as an issue, but reading the article... They seem spot on in regard to one or two things, but pretty off on pretty much everything else. Automotive journalists are not usually very mechanically inclined either.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

red.radar

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford F250, 1978 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I picked my Bronco up in November after an 8 month wait. It had the noise since we got it. My son and I were debating whether it was the throw out bearing. We finally did some research and thanks to this website and all of you it became clear.

I dropped the Bronco off at the dealership Sunday night after going around with the service writer last week. She didn’t want to deal with it since I didn’t know yet whether I wanted to rip the tranny out of a brand new car and have it dissected on a workbench for a fix that apparently doesn’t work. I tried explaining that I didn’t know where this whole thing’s going and Ford won’t talk to me unless it’s diagnosed. Moreover, I wanted to start documenting the issue in case I needed it later, like for a Lemon Law claim.

So I picked the Bronco up today and the service invoice documents the problem. I just hung up with Ford after getting nowhere. Tried telling the customer service rep that all I wanted her to do was find the person at FORD that could intelligently discuss FORD’s plan to fix this issue. She offered to find me a new dealer. Once again I told her my issue is not with the dealer but with FORD……………

My service writer was out today. I’ll call her tomorrow and we’ll see where it goes from here. Needless to say, had I known this was going to happen I never would have bought the Bronco!!
Good information….but discouraging to read, but I am not surprised. Based on other comments, I would now agree my idea of negotiating a warranty is wishful thinking.

I go Thursday to begin working with my dealer to document the issue. Kudos to them they were backed up till April but realizing the situation requires cold soak in cold weather they are squeezing me in to diagnose and document. After that not certain the course. I dont want to waste the dealers time removing a transmission that is by all accounts so far… defective And not properly addressed. I

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got a call from my dealer today that they are speaking with Ford engineers regarding this issue. The head tech at the dealer said the noise was loud and very consistent, like I described. He said it is definitely something that needs to be fixed sooner than later, however, they don't quite know exactly what is causing it, as most here already know. I'll update when I know more. Its been at the dealer for nearly a week now, and they seem to think it'll be there a bit longer, as they're working 4 issues on mine.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking mine up Saturday, then get to start the TSB debacle. Was hoping there would be a fix by now.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands