First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure, to be clear, any level of optimism in my sentiment might just be the Stockholm Syndrome I developed from Ford dangling a shiny Bronco over my head for a year.

Ford will fix this problem, or you know, they won't, which in that case the aftermarket will fix this problem. My point is someone will probably fix this problem.
Your second point is probably my biggest on the wish list. Would be awesome if Tremec stepped to the plate here and built a trans to be a direct replacement/performance upgrade. Not a free upgrade, but Ford could offer it through Ford performance and offer a rebate to customers who have documented the issue under warranty to cover part of the cost of the install (IE I could continue to waste time and money under warranty complaining about this, or I will buy an upgraded trans if Ford covers the install cost which would be the same as r+r on my original unit, and take no bench time). Would be a win-win, and many customers would go for it (for sure me), some won't, but it would get alot of these Getrags off the street! Almost such a good solution I can guarantee it will never happen...But a fella can dream right?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your second point is probably my biggest on the wish list. Would be awesome if Tremec stepped to the plate here and built a trans to be a direct replacement/performance upgrade. Not a free upgrade, but Ford could offer it through Ford performance and offer a rebate to customers who have documented the issue under warranty to cover part of the cost of the install (IE I could continue to waste time and money under warranty complaining about this, or I will buy an upgraded trans if Ford covers the install cost which would be the same as r+r on my original unit, and take no bench time). Would be a win-win, and many customers would go for it (for sure me), some won't, but it would get alot of these Getrags off the street! Almost such a good solution I can guarantee it will never happen...But a fella can dream right?
Man that would be cool. Even if we had to downgrade to a 5-6spd, just don't want to lose the crawler. The TR4050 fits the bill if they come up with everything to adapt it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that would be cool. Even if we had to downgrade to a 5-6spd, just don't want to lose the crawler. The TR4050 fits the bill if they come up with everything to adapt it.
6th gear delete would be an option I could live with, but ideally a 100% direct replacement. All ratios the same...GOTTA keep the C!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

6th gear delete would be an option I could live with, but ideally a 100% direct replacement. All ratios the same...GOTTA keep the C!
As is, I’ve only used 6th over 80mph, which isn’t often. Maybe once I go to 5.13s it will be useful, but yeah, I could live without it. Gotta have that granny low!

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was doing this the first time it got below 40F ambient with ~3K on the clock. It'd go away when vehicle had warmed up. However, lately it would get quieter, but never go away.

Just got mine back after have the TSB performed with ~13K on it. No issue yet, but we'll see. Plenty more cold mornings to come.
Good to hear, keep us posted.

Sponsored

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was doing this the first time it got below 40F ambient with ~3K on the clock. It'd go away when vehicle had warmed up. However, lately it would get quieter, but never go away.

Just got mine back after have the TSB performed with ~13K on it. No issue yet, but we'll see. Plenty more cold mornings to come.
That's great news. Good for you! Is your vehicle a MY22?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely changing any ratios would raise CARB approval issues, so even if 6th is useless, it's gotta be there. Not like you can just slap an "offroad use only" sticker on a tranny! We should probably start a new thread to discuss this in the hope somebody in the Tremec universe reads it! I see an opportunity here, but the costs are risky too! Think it would take a commitment from Ford Performance to get a manufacturer on board.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It can't be entirely ruled out, but at 100 miles like some have reported?
It was present at the time of purchase for me at the beginning of October last year. Like a lot of others, I just thought it was radiator gurgling. The noise has gotten a little louder but it also shifts smoothly and easily. TSB issue was confirmed by dealer and parts are on (back)order.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely changing any ratios would raise CARB approval issues, so even if 6th is useless, it's gotta be there. Not like you can just slap an "offroad use only" sticker on a tranny! We should probably start a new thread to discuss this in the hope somebody in the Tremec universe reads it! I see an opportunity here, but the costs are risky too! Think it would take a commitment from Ford Performance to get a manufacturer on board.
Depends how it's sold I suppose. For $4k I can order a brand spanking new TR4050 right now, I'd just be on my own for adapting it.

I do want to get that figured out at some point regardless, because I have future plans of powering a EB with a 2.3. The original idea was a junkyard 7MT but might have to go aftermarket if this is never resolved satisfactorily.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends how it's sold I suppose. For $4k I can order a brand spanking new TR4050 right now, I'd just be on my own for adapting it.

I do want to get that figured out at some point regardless, because I have future plans of powering a EB with a 2.3. The original idea was a junkyard 7MT but might have to go aftermarket if this is never resolved satisfactorily.
The bellhousing part would be easy enough for your EB, but that dog ain't gonna hunt in a 6G. Need something built for our platform!

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

lots of people complaining about that same clunky feeling in 1 & 2 in combination to the noise. Seems to be a super common theme. I really think this area needs some investigation. all my gears felt great in the beginning. Shortly after noise came about i had 3 separate incidents where I couldnt get in gear like something was blocking me. After those 3 incidents, 2nd gear would occasionally just feel clunky or like a double catch instead of a nice firm seat in gear.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need something built for our platform!
I just don't see it happening, it's a minor miracle we got the 7MT to begin with. Might get lucky and someone builds upgraded internals.

Or maybe Rockland will work with us? Read that ad for the NV3550 replacement!

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound terminator_Largeside

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't see it happening, it's a minor miracle we got the 7MT to begin with. Might get lucky and someone builds upgraded internals.

Or maybe Rockland will work with us? Read that ad for the NV3550 replacement!

terminator_Largeside.jpg
Ya "pipedream" for sure. Just food for thought.

P.S. that ad reminds me too much of Gil Younger's shift kit boxes

20230228_113947.jpg

Last edited:

pwork

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/Sportwagen/Frontier
Your Bronco Model