Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear your scraping news - for you and the rest of us. How did it go at the dealers?

Mine should be arriving very soon. Would you be so kind to post a picture of your tranny tag so we can see the date?

Thanks.
Tranny tag lol
Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be dropping mine off at the dealer on the 27th and leaving it overnight. I plan on being there in the morning of the 28th so that I can show them exactly what is going on. The noise has continued to get worse. When I made the appointment, 2 months ago, I didn't have a lot of confidence that they understood what the problem was. I wish Ford was more transparent about this. I love my Bronco but I had a rough few months with it, transmission noise, crack in the windshield and crack steering wheel cover.

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear your scraping news - for you and the rest of us. How did it go at the dealers?

Mine should be arriving very soon. Would you be so kind to post a picture of your tranny tag so we can see the date?

Thanks.
I did not take it to the dealer yet but I was just referred to someone in service and just reached out to him. Plan on going in anyways because my hood deflector is ready for pickup there so I will see about getting someone to hear what I am hearing.
I don't know the transmission tag but when I take my Bronco there I will check.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not take it to the dealer yet but I was just referred to someone in service and just reached out to him. Plan on going in anyways because my hood deflector is ready for pickup there so I will see about getting someone to hear what I am hearing.
I don't know the transmission tag but when I take my Bronco there I will check.
Good luck, looking forward to your report!

Transmission sticker showing the date. Example on pg 149 of this thread. You'd have to crawl under!

Thanks

Last edited:

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new 2023 has this issue and I notice the TSB lists 2021 + 2022 only - does that mean the '23 isn't currently considered a problem and I'll have more headache in getting someone to do something about it?

Sponsored

93BRONCO22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€˜v been lurking for some timeā€¦. Finally created an account due to this issue.

Iā€™ve had several other issues with my Bronco (3 of which were dealer caused, including significant body damage the day of delivery) but to keep on topic:

- MY22.Badlands
- delivery August ā€˜22

- I first heard the noise (marbles in the tranny) around 500 miles
- I took it to get diagnosed at 1500 miles and a new tranny was installed (one week at the dealer)
-the nose came back at 1800 miles
- it was intermittent at first, but it became non-stop by 2000 miles
- on 14DEC I brought it back to the dealer, parts were ordered and it was scheduled for the TSB
- it has been at the dealer since 14FEB (23 days and counting)
- Iā€™m told it will be worked on next week (why did I make an appointment 2 months in advance???)
- I did get a loaner
- I want to love this vehicle, but itā€™s been nothing but a headache since day 1
update:
Last Saturday I spoke to the parts manager at the dealer that has my Bronco. It took him some digging, but he was able to see
MU7Z-7107 D linked to MU7Z-7107 C. On his end itā€™s showing 1000 units to ā€˜deliver to the packagerā€™ on 20DEC with another 750ish due in mid April. It seems that different dealers are seeing different info. regarding parts availability.

He ordered MU7Z-7107 D and expects it to deliver to him by the end of the month (no guarantee of course). I then had to explain to the service manager to hold off completing the TSB until the updated part arrives. Best case, I get my vehicle back early April with the TSB completed with the updated part.

Questionā€¦ should I be having other TSBs done while itā€™s there? I donā€™t have any other specific issues that havenā€™t been addressed (that Iā€™m aware of).

Would they due something like TSB 22-2392 preemptively?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-22-2392-mud-accumulation-in-generator.68388/

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My new 2023 has this issue and I notice the TSB lists 2021 + 2022 only - does that mean the '23 isn't currently considered a problem and I'll have more headache in getting someone to do something about it?
Ford just hasnā€™t updated the TSB to include 23. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just a matter of time.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck, looking forward to your report!

Transmission sticker showing the date. Example on pg 149 of this thread. You'd have to crawl under!

Thanks
Thanks for the info, here is my tag.
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG-2264

Went to the dealer, had one of the transmission techs ride along with me, he confirmed it definitely is not right, but told me that I am the first manual to come through that dealer (lucky me) so he would have to compare it to a working one. Not sure how that is going to happen if I am the first one and all the new ones also have this issue... But I have to leave it for a day for them to do a TSB on the 23rd.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMG-2264.jpg

Went to the dealer, had one of the transmission techs ride along with me, he confirmed it definitely is not right, but told me that I am the first manual to come through that dealer (lucky me) so he would have to compare it to a working one. Not sure how that is going to happen if I am the first one and all the new ones also have this issue... But I have to leave it for a day for them to do a TSB on the 23rd.
Thanks for the photo. Appreciate that. Unfortunately it is not what I wanted to see. Your transmission date is Oct 17, 2022 and you only received your build last week. My interpretation is that they are still installing the "troubled" transmissions without any fixes. I was hoping for a much later transmission date on your build but obviously that was wishful thinking on my part. So I will be living your experience (with many others) very soon as my build is currently in progress.

@Ducati1098 , would you agree with my interpretation? Is that normal that they have so many transmissions in inventory from months ago? What ever happened to "just-in-time" manufacturing and assembly lines? :unsure:

As for so many, it is disappointing for you Kevin - and bad luck that they have not had a manual come through their dealership prior to you. You are the guinea pig!

Thankfully we have some very experienced and knowledgable (and so kind for sharing all of it) people participating in this discussion and forum so I do feel confident in taking delivery. It just might be a few months or more before we get a fix.

Cheers.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the photo. Appreciate that. Unfortunately it is not what I wanted to see. Your transmission date is Oct 17, 2022 and you only received your build last week. My interpretation is that they are still installing the "troubled" transmissions without any fixes. I was hoping for a much later transmission date on your build but obviously that was wishful thinking on my part. So I will be living your experience (with many others) very soon as my build is currently in progress.

@Ducati1098 , would you agree with my interpretation? Is that normal that they have so many transmissions in inventory from months ago? What ever happened to "just-in-time" manufacturing and assembly lines? :unsure:

As for so many, it is disappointing for you Kevin - and bad luck that they have not had a manual come through their dealership prior to you. You are the guinea pig!

Thankfully we have some very experienced and knowledgable (and so kind for sharing all of it) people participating in this discussion and forum so I do feel confident in taking delivery. It just might be a few months or more before we get a fix.

Cheers.
Your guess is as good as mine unfortunately.
I have no insider knowledge on how many or how old the transmissions theyā€™re using for vehicle assembly are at this current time.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well calling ford ended up being pointless, they talked to me for 2 days and now dont answer. They basically told me they cant give me a date for the part i need. Now i get to enjoy my 4th rental, a sweet base model edge. Monday will start week 11.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG-2264

Do you by any chance know your build date? Curious if yours is one that sat on a train for a while or is in fact a fresh build.

Loughmasta

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you by any chance know your build date? Curious if yours is one that sat on a train for a while or is in fact a fresh build.
February 20th

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend