Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no idea how many pages I've missed. Just checking in to see if anything new.
  1. New Synchro is a D.
  2. New Trans is an E.
  3. Maybe 1-2 people have gotten updated repair?
  4. Not enough data to say much yet.
  5. Much has been said regardless.
In GA my noise is effectively gone for the summer, and my dealer still waiting on parts but they are gonna get the D, not from me though, from Ford.

Note: that one FB user that I posted the picture of the burnt of Synchros like a decade ago got a new transmission (unsure of revision), and is very happy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the bronco was officially bought back by ford today. Im sure the fix is coming, but 16 weeks without my car is enough. Ford and my dealer where great through the process if anyone else decides to go this route. Good luck everyone on their repairs.
Ford also contacted me about a month ago and began discussing a buy back they now have all the paperwork necessary to begin the buy back offer. I will have 2 days from the day they present the offer to accept or not. My 23 bronco has had the issue since i took delivery I dont even know what it would be like for it to be operating properly. My dealer has the "E" version transmission on order for about a month now and like everyone I'm waiting. I love the bronco but have deep concerns about this transmission issue and im not feeling very confident that it will ever be fixed, as such im torn if i should accept the buy back and walk away or fight a battle that may not be succesful and ill be stuck with a car that i wont be able to get rid of after rejecting the the current buy back offer. Basically i bought a car with a major issue and ford is giving me a short window to get out from under it and walk away. Question to the members here on the forum.... What would you do?

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no idea how many pages I've missed. Just checking in to see if anything new.
  1. New Synchro is a D.
  2. New Trans is an E.
  3. Maybe 1-2 people have gotten updated repair?
  4. Not enough data to say much yet.
  5. Much has been said regardless.
In GA my noise is effectively gone for the summer, and my dealer still waiting on parts but they are gonna get the D, not from me though, from Ford.

Note: that one FB user that I posted the picture of the burnt of Synchros like a decade ago got a new transmission (unsure of revision), and is very happy.
Yeah, it would be nice if posts with new information could be pulled out and put in a separate thread.
Jason

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford also contacted me about a month ago and began discussing a buy back they now have all the paperwork necessary to begin the buy back offer. I will have 2 days from the day they present the offer to accept or not. My 23 bronco has had the issue since i took delivery I dont even know what it would be like for it to be operating properly. My dealer has the "E" version transmission on order for about a month now and like everyone I'm waiting. I love the bronco but have deep concerns about this transmission issue and im not feeling very confident that it will ever be fixed, as such im torn if i should accept the buy back and walk away or fight a battle that may not be succesful and ill be stuck with a car that i wont be able to get rid of after rejecting the the current buy back offer. Basically i bought a car with a major issue and ford is giving me a short window to get out from under it and walk away. Question to the members here on the forum.... What would you do?
How severe is the sound, has it been getting worse, and is actual operation of the transmission impacted?

Personally if this issue was just a very mild noise that only I noticed, and there was no possibility of it getting worse over time or becoming a functionality problem, I wouldn't care all that much.

Mostly I'm concerned about it getting worse later, especially after warranty, and aggravations trying to get the issue addressed. Like you mentioned basically getting stuck with an albatross. That would be part of my thinking in terms of buy back. Fact Ford is offering people buy backs at this point is disconcerting.

Sponsored

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 23 has had the noise since day 1. It shifts fine and runs great. I wouldn’t even consider selling it back.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 23 has had the noise since day 1. It shifts fine and runs great. I wouldn’t even consider selling it back.
Some of us not as lucky. Isolated number of performance issues have been reported, be it small. It's still reason to be concerned with longevity.

But they have 2 currently be worked on this week at my dealer. Mine and another. They got the tool required, possibly from the link shared here which I sent over to them? Both Broncos are in for the TSB.

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of us not as lucky. Isolated number of performance issues have been reported, be it small. It's still reason to be concerned with longevity.

But they have 2 currently be worked on this week at my dealer. Mine and another. They got the tool required, possibly from the link shared here which I sent over to them? Both Broncos are in for the TSB.
I am concerned with longevity (one of the reasons why I bought an ESP). For me it's worth taking the risk and hoping Ford will eventually fix the issue.

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took the buy back. I'm sure this issue will be fixed, but the amount of time was too long and i had other issues on top of this one. I just figured id rather take the sure thing. I can always buy another bronco down the road if i want to.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on my Bronco situation.
Ford reached out to buy my vehicle. Does Ford ever offer more than the purchase price for a buyback vehicle? I had to pay a markup and traded in my mustang. Additionally the car was driven less than 60 miles and the hardtop is a constrained item. Also, the price has gone way up on the car.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update on my Bronco situation.
Ford reached out to buy my vehicle. Does Ford ever offer more than the purchase price for a buyback vehicle? I had to pay a markup and traded in my mustang. Additionally the car was driven less than 60 miles and the hardtop is a constrained item. Also, the price has gone way up on the car.
This seems so bizarre to me that Ford is not fixing these transmissions for you guys. Should this be a bad sign for the rest of us, that Ford does not have a real fix? Seems so odd.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This seems so bizarre to me that Ford is not fixing these transmissions for you guys. Should this be a bad sign for the rest of us, that Ford does not have a real fix? Seems so odd.
Still undetermined. Those who have had the synchro rings replaced with -C revision rings report the same issue returns at some point after repairs have been completed. There isn’t a large sample size for those who had the -D revision rings installed in place of the old ones. Mine had the -D rings installed and is allegedly being put back together today for a hopeful pickup tomorrow or Wednesday. I’ll let y’all know my findings.

As for entire transmission swaps, it doesn’t seem like there are a bunch of E revision transmissions out there yet so folks don’t know yet as to their effectiveness either. I may have missed some in the last 196 pages but that’s the gist of it

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the pandemic oh I'm definitely more of a conspiracy nut! Everyone knows the MT was built in the country whose government hates the U.S. I don't see it past them to junk up a part just to stick it to a successful American company. Had to throw that thought out there too.
there are a ton of automotive parts and tooling built in china, that get exported worldwide. In fact a very large portion of the dies used to transform flat steel into production parts are made in China. Anything is possible in this crazy world, but I seriously doubt China instructs its auto sector to missle the auto industry but intentionally making bad transmissions for Ford.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for entire transmission swaps, it doesn’t seem like there are a bunch of E revision transmissions out there yet so folks don’t know yet as to their effectiveness either. I may have missed some in the last 196 pages but that’s the gist of it
I don't think there are any E rev transmissions out there yet. Hopefully this does fix the issue though.

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since the pandemic oh I'm definitely more of a conspiracy nut! Everyone knows the MT was built in the country whose government hates the U.S. I don't see it past them to junk up a part just to stick it to a successful American company. Had to throw that thought out there too.
That is a ridiculous statement. You are correct about one thing. You are a nut.
Sponsored