Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I brought my 23 7MT Badlands in for my first oil change (5K miles) and had them look at the scraping noise which has been present since day 1. They confirmed it was there, but that the TSB doesn't apply to 2023 models and they needed Ford to acknowledge it before they could do anything. They said it was fine to drive until then after speaking with Corporate. They were also told that Ford is "reengineering the transmission" and a permanent fix would be communicated when ready, but had no timeline.

I also opened a case with Ford corporate back in March and not a single person has contacted me. The case was opened by their social media team here on the forums, and I subsequently followed up multiple times with customer support over chat. Each time they say the case is escalated and someone would contact me but no one ever calls or follows up. Very frustrating and not a great experience for a first time Ford owner.
Sponsored

Big T

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Manual Transmision
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my 2002 base model in for the TSB repair last Monday and got it back yesterday (Friday). D-Ring Synchronizers have been installed. I have driven for about 100 miles now and no more grinding noise. It also shifts great, perhaps smoother than before! I will update periodically, fingers crossed!

Transmission Fix.jpg

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost a month in with about 1,000 miles on the -D fix and still no noise. The weather has been warm lately, but I was having the noise regardless prior to the fix.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost a month in with about 1,000 miles on the -D fix and still no noise. The weather has been warm lately, but I was having the noise regardless prior to the fix.
Great to hear.

So if the TSB does NOT include the -D piece donā€™t bother getting this fixed?

Please continue to keep us updated.

Sponsored

alicestevens

Raptor
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Last edited:

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BinderBill

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IH Scout, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was built 4 weeks earlier with trans # MB3R 7003 AA. So yours should be a newer version.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up my 23 Base on Saturday. Built Apr 13, 2023, and this is the transmission number that came on it. I was wondering how this compares to the original A

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_3842
-AB suffix indicates it IS the updated one, and thanx for posting...this is the 1st time we have seen a new build w/a newer engineering #! Hope it works out for you...let us know?

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
-AB suffix indicates it IS the updated one, and thanx for posting...this is the 1st time we have seen a new build w/a newer engineering #! Hope it works out for you...let us know?
I haven't heard any noises as previously indicated; however, it is summer and most likely won't be cold anytime soon. But I will post in the future if I hear/don't hear anything! Thanks for letting me know!!!

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't heard any noises as previously indicated; however, it is summer and most likely won't be cold anytime soon. But I will post in the future if I hear/don't hear anything! Thanks for letting me know!!!
Iā€™m not so sure weather played that much in to it as much as transmission temperatures did. But mine makes noises at all times now and itā€™s 26Ā°C(about 79Ā°F) out right now.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. I will say I had the noise all the time until today. Was out all day with temps in the 80's and no noise no matter what. Previously even had the rattle in the 70's. Going to be hard to get it diagnosed with the warm temps now though I guess.
Sponsored