First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just picked up my Bronco from the dealer last week and the -E transmission was installed. It takes a solid 2 days to complete the job. After driving it for the last week I have initially made some observations:

1) When I start the car, it seems quieter

2) when idling, I can press the clutch in and let of out with no discernible difference at all (no scraping sound)

3) This transmission shifts how I pictured when I ordered the car. There are no jumping feels like there was with the first one. Shifting is much smoother

4) The rattling noises when shifting in low gears are non-existent

I don’t have thousands of miles on it, but I have zero complaints so far. It is warmer here (lowest temp is 60 when I started it) but the transmission just sounds different altogether.
Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on my bronco. Finally got it back today after almost 4 months. I received a updated transmission and a new master cylinder assembly. So far the transmission shifts smoothly. Not sure if it's just me but the brake pedal feels a bit mushy. To be fair I only drove the car for a day before taking it in for the transmission and don't really remember what the brake felt like.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d have to double check tomorrow, but I don’t believe any parts for the TSB are difficult to obtain anymore, so they should have everything needed. I know a roll pin was backorded, but I have been able to get those recently.
Sorry I may have missed it somewhere in the thread already but about how long does it take for the TSB to be completed (day, week?) The dealership was ordering the parts this week and it sounds like mine will be the first one they will be doing this on.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer had mine for almost 2 weeks, but it actually took them about 2-3 days to perform the TSB. 5 weeks later... still no noise. (y)

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer had mine for almost 2 weeks, but it actually took them about 2-3 days to perform the TSB. 5 weeks later... still no noise. (y)
Thanks! I am still driving mine luckily and was hoping I wouldn't have to give it up for long during the summer. I doubt I will know the outcome until winter though since mine never makes the noise once it is warm.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry I may have missed it somewhere in the thread already but about how long does it take for the TSB to be completed (day, week?) The dealership was ordering the parts this week and it sounds like mine will be the first one they will be doing this on.
Every dealer is different, but I would plan on it taking about week. Realistically it shouldn't take the tech more than 2-3 days to complete, but I'm sure they also have other vehicles they're working on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just so everyone is aware..

Ford has updated the TSB for the rotational scraping noise to include 2023MY and also has updated the parts list to include the updated MU7Z-7107-D synchronizer rings.

Their note in the TSB..

NOTE: New 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings are now available with an improved design to correct the rotational scraping noise. Upon receiving the synchronizer rings, check for engineering part number MU7R-7101-GA or later which will be stamped on the rings.

Attachments

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford has updated the TSB for the rotational scraping noise to include 2023MY and also has updated the parts list to include the updated MU7Z-7107-D synchronizer rings.

Their note in the TSB..

NOTE: New 5th and 6th gear synchronizer rings are now available with an improved design to correct the rotational scraping noise. Upon receiving the synchronizer rings, check for engineering part number MU7R-7101-GA or later which will be stamped on the rings.
Did they give a build date cutoff, or just include the whole 23MY (just asking because we have seen recent builds already have the -E trans)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did they give a build date cutoff, or just include the whole 23MY (just asking because we have seen recent builds already have the -E trans)
No build date cutoff. Just says some 2021-2023 Broncos.
I added a PDF of the TSB so everyone can view it/print it.

Mictanker

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands Area 51; 2014 Indian Chieftai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Caution: there is apparently a special tool, as well. If it's your dealership's first go at it, make sure they order it. My Bronco has been at dealership for 3 weeks and now the special tool is back ordered until July. So, I'll pick mine up next week and put it back in the shop later this summer once they receive the tool. (Good news is they gave me a brand new loaded F150 as a loaner!)

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Caution: there is apparently a special tool, as well. If it's your dealership's first go at it, make sure they order it. My Bronco has been at dealership for 3 weeks and now the special tool is back ordered until July. So, I'll pick mine up next week and put it back in the shop later this summer once they receive the tool. (Good news is they gave me a brand new loaded F150 as a loaner!)
Yes, there are a few different special tools needed. Most should've already been shipped to dealerships, but it's not a bad idea to double check with your dealership to verify they have everything needed.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, there are a few different special tools needed. Most should've already been shipped to dealerships, but it's not a bad idea to double check with your dealership to verify they have everything needed.
When you’ve had the transmissions apart to do the TSB, did you see any damage caused by the rattling parts or do you think is it just a noise issue?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you’ve had the transmissions apart to do the TSB, did you see any damage caused by the rattling parts or do you think is it just a noise issue?
No nothing at all. All other parts in both the ones I have done looked perfectly fine.

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Their note in the TSB..

This is encouraging to see an improved design noted as the reason for a new part number.

I am currently waiting on a new transmission for my 2023. It was ordered at the end of April and the latest update is a batch of transmissions is expected "at the packaging center" in early July. Would you expect it to be the updated version at this point in time? I am guessing it almost has to be if it has been backordered since April and must have been produced fairly recently to be available in July. My service advisor gave me the old transmission part number (MB3Z-7003-A) when I asked recently, so I'm just wondering.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is encouraging to see an improved design noted as the reason for a new part number.

I am currently waiting on a new transmission for my 2023. It was ordered at the end of April and the latest update is a batch of transmissions is expected "at the packaging center" in early July. Would you expect it to be the updated version at this point in time? I am guessing it almost has to be if it has been backordered since April and must have been produced fairly recently to be available in July. My service advisor gave me the old transmission part number (MB3Z-7003-A) when I asked recently, so I'm just wondering.
I would assume it will be the updated -E transmission, however I have no way of verifying this. It's highly unlikely Ford is shipping any more -A transmissions.

The latest I can see shows this for the new MB3Z-7003-E transmission

Line NumberDateMerchandiser Remarks
1FILL EM-ORDS FROM: YU HCCS UPON RECEIPT
2CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: X7 COMPONENT PART SHORTAGE
3CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: W2
460723271 PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/03
56072302PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT BACKORDER DEPOTS BY 06/12
66072348PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER BY 07/21
76072376PCS TO BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER ETA ,TBD
860723215PCS T BE RECEIVED AT PACKAGER , ETA TBD
Sponsored