Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So far so good. It took a week for them to get it all done but now it'sall quiet, smooth, like it should have been all along. I think it was worth waiting a while to make sure the fix was going to work and I'm think9ing it did.
Sponsored

Redlaw

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2 door Badlands Manual, 1971 Pinzgauer 710M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to bring it to the dealer but suppose the sound won't happen while they are listening. And I don't want them to tear it apart and wait a month for parts/transmission. Stay tuned.
[/QUOTE]

They don't have to tear it apart to determine if its eligible for TSB repair, only listen to the problem.
I took mine to the dealer in January knowing it wouldn't be making noise after the freeway drive and I didn't want to leave it, so I recorded the transmission rumbling on my phone. Made sure to push the clutch several times to stop and start the transmission spinning to show the noise stops and starts. The mechanic listened to the recording and agreed to the TSB. Parts were ordered in January and were finally received a month ago. Mechanics have been backlogged and I am scheduled to drop off in two weeks.

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My noise started over the summer last year around 500 miles. It got worse over the winter and stayed loud thru May of this year. Just had the TSB done on 6/6 after my trip to the NH off rodeo (major fun). The parts were the updated "D" revisions. 3rd week now and all is good. No noise, no issues. Good luck everyone. Hang in there. It's worth it.

Last edited:

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just dropped off my Bronco at the service center to start the TSB (latest revision of synchros). The dealer said they did the same TSB once before and it took 3 weeks. Hope itā€™s fixed. Sounds like AB transmission might not fix the issue.. Iā€™m not very hopeful.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every dealer I spoke to beforehand expected that rigamaroll, but I think I lucked out getting it diagnosed at such low mileage. No teardown diagnoses and they replaced the complete unit.
Same here. Diagnosed at mileage 19. Had 1200 miles when they finally got around to replacing the whole tranny. No noise. I'm at 2100 miles and still no noise.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like AB transmission might not fix the issue.. Iā€™m not very hopeful.
What makes you say that? I don't think anyone has had the same noise from the new transmission.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes you say that? I don't think anyone has had the same noise from the new transmission.
I saw a few posts on this thread where AB transmissions still have a faint grinding sound. But otherwise Idk.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw a few posts on this thread where AB transmissions still have a faint grinding sound. But otherwise Idk.
Oh okay. I think it's too early to tell either way. But I have a feeling some people will always hear a "noise" and think it still has something to do with this concern. I think a lot of people get paranoid about these things. But time will tell.

djm101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my 23' Bronco back today from the dealer who did the updated TSB-23-2019. So far so good. I spoke to the tech and he said the new 5th and 6th gear syncros did appear slightly larger than the old one's. There wasn't any noticeable damage inside which is good. I'm going on a long drive tomorrow so if anything unexpected happens, I'll report back here.

Sponsored

Emily

Big Bend
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just dropped off my Bronco at the service center to start the TSB (latest revision of synchros). The dealer said they did the same TSB once before and it took 3 weeks. Hope itā€™s fixed. Sounds like AB transmission might not fix the issue.. Iā€™m not very hopeful.
I got mine back in 5 days, they also did an oil change, tire rotation and yearly state inspection.

rpb_arsenal

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base and 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heads up, I posted a while back, it was the 5th and 6th gear synchronizers that started making noise around 2000 miles as well. Just got mine back after 4 painful months of back-ordered parts and it's fixed, works perfectly. Worth the wait.
How long did the dealer have your Bronco to complete this repair? Parts just came in for mine and the dealer is telling me 3 to 4 weeks to complete the job for a variety of reasons.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How long did the dealer have your Bronco to complete this repair? Parts just came in for mine and the dealer is telling me 3 to 4 weeks to complete the job for a variety of reasons.
Yikes. If they have all the parts and you have a day scheduled to come in, it should take 2-3 days. If something goes wrong obviously a little longer, but 3-4 weeks is absurd.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yikes. If they have all the parts and you have a day scheduled to come in, it should take 2-3 days. If something goes wrong obviously a little longer, but 3-4 weeks is absurd.
Dude, some dealers are absurd. I had a local dealer who wanted 3-4 weeks with my Bronco sitting in their lot to install the wireless keypad. This was with an appointment, with the keypad in hand, and if I kept the Bronco until they had availablity I wouldn't be able to "keep my place in line." Needless to say, I steer everyone away from there.
Sponsored