Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, some dealers are absurd. I had a local dealer who wanted 3-4 weeks with my Bronco sitting in their lot to install the wireless keypad. This was with an appointment, with the keypad in hand, and if I kept the Bronco until they had availablity I wouldn't be able to "keep my place in line." Needless to say, I steer everyone away from there.
A lot of dealers over-book so if someone cancels they have a bunch of other vehicles waiting in the parking lot they can work on.

Never understood it personally. Granted I've never worked as a service advisor for a dealer, but I did wrench for awhile as a low-level tech (one notch above a lube tech) before I went to college, and it was extremely common for jobs to take longer than expected. Usually you are behind schedule, not ahead, so when someone cancels its a a blessing 'cause it lets you catch up.

BUT, I'm sure different dealers work differently, so what do I know?

-------

ANYWAY, update from me after my last update:

Waiting for parts... sill.​
That concludes my update, exciting, I know.
Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of dealers over-book so if someone cancels they have a bunch of other vehicles waiting in the parking lot they can work on.

Never understood it personally. Granted I've never worked as a service advisor for a dealer, but I did wrench for awhile as a low-level tech (one notch above a lube tech) before I went to college, and it was extremely common for jobs to take longer than expected. Usually you are behind schedule, not ahead, so when someone cancels its a a blessing 'cause it lets you catch up.

BUT, I'm sure different dealers work differently, so what do I know?

-------

ANYWAY, update from me after my last update:

Waiting for parts... sill.​
That concludes my update, exciting, I know.
Sure, I can understand having a glut of work just in case so that you don't have techs standing around, but 4 weeks' worth of backlog? And maybe they were under-promising and over-delivering. Either way, it left a poor taste in my mouth.

Thankfully I found a dealer that had no qualms with installing it as they did an oil change.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone get this TSB approved in a warm weather location. My bronco will do this in the morning for 5-10min on a ā€œcoldā€ day in the low 70s. I can just see the dealer saying it doesnā€™t apply cause the TSB says 50 degrees and it donā€™t get cold in Hawaii. Not logical, butšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone get this TSB approved in a warm weather location. My bronco will do this in the morning for 5-10min on a ā€œcoldā€ day in the low 70s. I can just see the dealer saying it doesnā€™t apply cause the TSB says 50 degrees and it donā€™t get cold in Hawaii. Not logical, butšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.
Gets cold enough on Mauna Kea don't it?

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The TSB only notes that the noise ā€œmay be more noticeable in ambient temps below 10Ā°C (50Ā°F) and after a cold soak. This noise may diminish as the transmission warms up.ā€ But dealers can be a PITA.

I believe thereā€™s a post above about someone going through a few warmer states like Cali and AZ with the transmission issue.

Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just swung by the dealer and parts are in for mine. Not sure how long theyā€™ve been in. Scheduled in for July 10th to get the tsb repair completed. Hopefully uneventful repair.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just swung by the dealer and parts are in for mine. Not sure how long theyā€™ve been in. Scheduled in for July 10th to get the tsb repair completed. Hopefully uneventful repair.
Good luck!

One thing for everyone to keep in mind:

As has been said, there is some sort of special tool needed to do the TSB. When all my parts came in, and after reading on this post, I had the service manager double check that they had all the necessary tools. They did not. So, the tool is now on order with no certain ETA.

This saved me from dropping it off and having them realize only after that that they still needed the tool. Alas, though, my June 30 TSB has been delayed ā€¦

Anyways, word to the wise, itā€™s worth double checking that they actually have the tool(s) on hand before leaving behind your Bronco.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ducati1098 do you have the tool referenced above and able to tell me what it is so I can ask my dealer? Iā€™m the first manual sold through them and first for the tsb.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do need to drop the tank on a 2dr actually. Not completely out, but it does need to come down due to the tank skid plate.

308-883 is correct for the output shaft nut. It's a huge 64mm 12 point socket. It should have been shipped in a 2021 box. Box number TKIT-2021P1-FL
As far as I can see, that's the only tool kit it has ever came in.
I think this is what Iā€™m looking for?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this is what Iā€™m looking for?
There are several different special tools needed to complete the job. Your dealer technician should be able to look in the workshop manual sections for transmission removal and transmission disassembly for a list of all needed tools. I would have them look in there and verify they have them all.
Iā€™ll put a list together and post it in a little while.

Sponsored

2DoorDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reports of the death of the internal combustion engine have been greatly exaggerated.
And, I still want a manual tranny. It'll be a cold day in Hades before I buy any EV, whether it has a fake gearshift or not.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is a list of tools necessary for the dealership to have.
Some are far more important to have than others, but either way it helps to have all the correct tools.
Some are also generic tools that Ford didnā€™t/wonā€™t supply. For example the large 2 jaw puller (OTC 1040 or equivalent) and also a generic bearing separator.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1501
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1499
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1502
Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_1500

2DoorDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't see it from underhood at all, gotta crawl underneath. Passenger side of bellhousing
I'm having trouble finding this sticker. Can you give me an idea of where to look under the passenger side?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a list of tools necessary for the dealership to have.
Some are far more important to have than others, but either way it helps to have all the correct tools.
Some are also generic tools that Ford didnā€™t/wonā€™t supply. For example the large 2 jaw puller (OTC 1040 or equivalent) and also a generic bearing separator.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_5496
Do any of these transfer over to mustang world?
Sponsored