Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s rough… did they mess up the bleed procedure or the clutch itself?

I was thinking about asking the dealer to replace the clutch while they’ve got the trans pulled. Subarus typically last 100,000kms, I wonder what our life expectancy is with this setup… assuming regular well behaved driving habits
100k kms, that’s it?
Our 2015 VW Golf has 225k kms on the original.
Our 2007 FJ Cruiser currently has 250 on the original.
Our 2002 Tacoma has over 300 on the original.

I certainly hope we can expect more than 100k kms
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
100k kms, that’s it?
Our 2015 VW Golf has 225k kms on the original.
Our 2007 FJ Cruiser currently has 250 on the original.
Our 2002 Tacoma has over 300 on the original.

I certainly hope we can expect more than 100k kms
We put over 200k miles on my wife's Geo Storm, without a clutch replacement! I got the Bronco manual because of all the poor service life I've had from auto transmissions. Hoping the Bronco manual stands the test of time.

indyjones

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waited 1 year and 2 weeks for my Bronco order (2 DR/MT). In the first year and 2 weeks since I've had it, first front pinion seal replacement at the dealers for 3 weeks; 2nd front pinion seal replacement and rear differential rollers and bearings replacements at the dealers for 5 weeks; just dropped it off at the dealers Friday: front differential and transfer case failures, so who knows how long that will take. Crushed with disappointment.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am now on week 7 of my Bronco being at the dealer for issues with this clutch and transmission.
2 weeks for the TSB
5 weeks for the subsequent failed clutch

I just want my noisy, functional transmission and Bronco back.
Update: the dealer called me late on Friday to tell me it was done. Quite surprising since earlier in the week they told me it would be a while. Nice surprise, no less. It seems to be shifting nicely in ALL gears now. I have my fingers crossed that it will be good now.
Also, I replaced the stock shifter boot with a leather one from Redline. It looks amazing! I did black leather with orange stitching and it matches the seats on my Badlands 100%.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: the dealer called me late on Friday to tell me it was done. Quite surprising since earlier in the week they told me it would be a while. Nice surprise, no less. It seems to be shifting nicely in ALL gears now. I have my fingers crossed that it will be good now.
Also, I replaced the stock shifter boot with a leather one from Redline. It looks amazing! I did black leather with orange stitching and it matches the seats on my Badlands 100%.
I can’t, I mean can’t believe this. 3 days later and oil is leaking from the rear transfer case seal! 😡
I love my Bronco but I can’t deal with this anymore. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

IMG_0752.jpeg

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t, I mean can’t believe this. 3 days later and oil is leaking from the rear transfer case seal! 😡
I love my Bronco but I can’t deal with this anymore. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound IMG_0752
WOW, So sorry to here this. One has to wonder how stuff like this can happen.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it wasn't leaking prior to the repair......... :mad:

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone mentioned to me that there is possibly a class action lawsuit for these transmissions in the works? Anyone else have any info? My -AB transmission is for sure getting more noisy with the drop in temps. This was supposed to be the updated transmission but still I am hearing same symptoms and noises as before.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone mentioned to me that there is possibly a class action lawsuit for these transmissions in the works? Anyone else have any info? My -AB transmission is for sure getting more noisy with the drop in temps. This was supposed to be the updated transmission but still I am hearing same symptoms and noises as before.
Class action for what? They will attempt a fix if you have an issue. Would be different if they denied any issue.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
As previously mentioned, my AB makes slightly audible noises similar to those reported for the AA. It takes some finesse to make shifts from 1-2-3 to be less clunky sounding, though the noises I hear aren't really felt in the drivetrain. It does get less noisey after being warmed up. Sometimes I hear the noise on a cold start, sometimes I don't. Not terribly worried about it. It sounds like the getrags In previously owned mustangs.

My transfer case front output shaft seal is seeping too, noticed at 3500 miles. Dealer won't do anything unless there's a leak so it's something I'm now monitoring.

Noticed a hum from the rear as I get up to speed. It goes away when I give it some gas. Starting to think my rear differential pinion bearing isn't happy.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is going on with these things? 😡
“My transfer case front output shaft seal is seeping too, noticed at 3500 miles. Dealer won't do anything unless there's a leak so it's something I'm now monitoring.”
mine is leaking too. I have owned 5 vehicles with transfer cases, never once a leak from any of them.

Begster

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My transfer case front output shaft seal is seeping too, noticed at 3500 miles. Dealer won't do anything unless there's a leak so it's something I'm now monitoring.
What is going on with these things? 😡
“My transfer case front output shaft seal is seeping too, noticed at 3500 miles. Dealer won't do anything unless there's a leak so it's something I'm now monitoring.”
mine is leaking too. I have owned 5 vehicles with transfer cases, never once a leak from any of them.
My front output shaft seal is also leaking

Also heard back from the dealership that the tool they need to do my transmission is backordered until end of January. That is over a full year after my original appointment and diagnoses.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also heard back from the dealership that the tool they need to do my transmission is backordered until end of January. That is over a full year after my original appointment and diagnoses.
That's probably what my dealer has been waiting on. I'm about ready to punt on this whole thing until I have about 6 months of warranty left, maybe by then I'll be moved and have a better dealer and parts will be plentiful.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last week I took my 2021 Bronco in for the oil change. The dealer noticed a "shaft leak" so I let them keep it. They had to remove the transmission. 2-3 days later they called and said they fixed the seal, but now notice "an unusual problem with the clutch." They didn't say what, but alluded to a possible master cylinder rebuild needed. My transmission has been pretty quiet. I have 24,000 miles.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I took my 2021 Bronco in for the oil change. The dealer noticed a "shaft leak" so I let them keep it. They had to remove the transmission. 2-3 days later they called and said they fixed the seal, but now notice "an unusual problem with the clutch." They didn't say what, but alluded to a possible master cylinder rebuild needed. My transmission has been pretty quiet. I have 24,000 miles.
That's the best part of this TSB, everything else the techs muck up while they're in there. :rolleyes: Other than noise everything works wonderfully on mine and I'm hesitant to risk making it worse when they forget to hook something back up.
Sponsored