Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Toyhoarder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
The issue is people think the diesels should perform in the same way as a gasser.
I think a diesel should outperform a gasser if it costs more. Exactly the reason I own a 6.7 Powerstroke and not a 6.2 gasser. Not to save a couple gallons of more expensive fuel just to spend that money on DEF, fuel filters, and $100 oil changes.

rmc523

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
not at all what most of us where saying. Saying that we had not seen anything impressive performance wise just yet. This is better, quite better. Still not good enough for me to want a 2Dr variant. I'll replace our 4runner with this, but that was always the plan. but as or right now there still will not be a 2Dr for me. Maybe that will change even with IFS if it process capable enough, but doubtful, we'll see.

this does look good though, and I do like the 2dr wheelbase from the other thread.
Oh I understand, but there are some that have claimed this an absolute failure based on seeing a few prototypes and not knowing everything.

Already got that Bronco.

Gonna take more than big tires to claim victory over Jeep. For all we know the Bronco will articulate like the Everest.

Let’s stop declaring it a winner until we actually see it do something.
On the flip side, why don't you stop declaring it an absolute failure before actually seeing it do something...

They might have bulked up the padding in the front fender, but I don't see much difference in the rear.

Jan27 017 compare.png

There's a clear difference in the rear fender - look at the strap on the top of the wheel well and how much more of an angle it's on in the left photo vs. the right.

Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.
I noticed that as well, and was wondering what it's for.

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150 XLT, (321k) 99 Expedition EB, (77k) 2016 Explorer XLT. several go karts
Oh I understand, but there are some that have claimed this an absolute failure based on seeing a few prototypes and not knowing everything.

On the flip side, why don't you stop declaring it an absolute failure before actually seeing it do something...

There's a clear difference in the rear fender - look at the strap on the top of the wheel well and how much more of an angle it's on in the left photo vs. the right.

I noticed that as well, and was wondering what it's for.
There are no rear 1/4s on the prototypes right now. Think they are figuring out different stamping for the various wheel arches. I think that light on the bumper is so you can remove the tailgate and still have a third light.

Toyhoarder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450

I have a pretty bad memory. Could you remind me of where I said it was a failure?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
This leaked version is my favorite so far. Anybody else see a horizontal crease on the doors between the handles and windowsill or is it just my eyes looking for one one like the early broncos had?

1580233884290.png
I noticed it too.

Also noticed...No little notch at the forward area of the driver's window. I love that oh-so-much about the Ford trucks and I'm a little miffed it isn't on this.

Also miffed about no three-wiper setup LOL :D

Reactions: BE_

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150 XLT, (321k) 99 Expedition EB, (77k) 2016 Explorer XLT. several go karts
This leaked version is my favorite so far. Anybody else see a horizontal crease on the doors between the handles and windowsill or is it just my eyes looking for one one like the early broncos had?

1580233884290.png
Looks like body lines about 6 inches down from the top of the door, and another about 8 inches up from the bottom

Last edited:

Stihl

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2018 JL
I noticed it too.

Also noticed...No little notch at the forward area of the driver's window. I love that oh-so-much about the Ford trucks and I'm a little miffed it isn't on this.

Also miffed about no three-wiper setup LOL :D
I also like the notch on my F150, but i'm ok with the straight sill here due to the presence of the height increase on the body after the rear door.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.
Probably just like what the Mustang has... reflector in US markets, rear fog light in European countries

but something that been bugging me is how no one else has gotten any photos outside the Frankenrangers
These here aren't photos of a frankenranger, this IS a Bronco. It's camo'd up, but it's definitely not the frankenragers that were rolling around last year (and last week)

paxfish

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco

1580233884290.png
I see what you're talking about. Brings back horrible memories of the rust that seam generated in the rear quarters. Then I start thinking of the floors, tailgate and the effing door posts....

Yeesh! We really sucked w/body panels back then....

The Pope

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
I think that light on the bumper is so you can remove the tailgate and still have a third light.
Too low to be used as a third brake light. Could it be part of the Tow Package?????

Reactions: BE_

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Too low to be used as a third brake light. Could it be part of the Tow Package?????
Just a red reflector. The other unit had them on the sides of the camo, this one doesn't have it on the sides, just the middle.

Shane

First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
That I believe is the tractor beam to pull your trailer to the tow vehicle for hitching rather than backing up to the trailer- part of Ford’s new Max Trailer Tow Package.