Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd buy one now if you can find one. They are on backorder until April at most places. And yes it will work with your '23 as the tune is software based and all you will have to do is download it once Ford releases it.
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would want to buy the 2nd one. The 1st one doesn't include the calibration and is just the procal.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct. The tune isn't actually on the procal until you register the device on the ford performance site and put your info in. You then download the tune to your pc and it flashes the procal so that you can install it is pretty much how it works. There's a few other steps but you can watch a YouTube video if you want to see everything involved.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same as the initial for me, about 2k miles later. Worth the money. Much better shifting, acceleration is also better. I cant overstate how much better shifting is in the first few gears. I already had auto start turned off, but that could be worth it for someone who didn't.

I did notice I went from about 310 miles range after filling up, to about 260 when I fill up. 2 door SAS. I have added several things since the tune, but none that would affect MPG except perhaps the 2" lift? Not a huge deal to me, but my MPG does seem a bit lower. Used to use 89, use 93 now also.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Zero problems. Whipple has a long standing relationship with Ford. I trust their work. My dealer knows I’ve got it because I told them. Dealers get paid for work. They don’t often say no to work. I’ve tuned the last few vehicles and never had a problem with service. And they won’t know unless you tell them.

I’m at 22,000 miles. At least 15k miles with tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I got mine today....too bad it wont accept 523 revs per mile for my new 40s....that's fantastic @Ford Motor Company

Very interesting how the module info shows my hoss 3.0 rack too!!!

I do have a code that won't clear though...probably from my long list of modified parts. ROFL

Last edited:

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I got mine today....too bad it wont accept 523 revs per mile for my new 40s....that's fantastic @Ford Motor Company

Very interesting how the module info shows my hoss 3.0 rack too!!!

I do have a code that won't clear though...probably from my long list of modified parts. ROFL
Haha, that took me in a way back machine with that comment. Haven't seen that used in forever, love it!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
UPDATE for 2023 MY Broncos - The 2023 Calibrations should be available shortly. We're expecting a 49 state release first and then a 50 state legal release to follow that in about 4 weeks.

As soon as we get word from Ford Performance that it's a go we'll make sure everyone is aware.

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
installed the 2.7 calibration into my 22 black diamond sasquatch. now that i have had a chance to put some mileage on it i would like to give my review

during the install i did have an issue. crashed during the calibration downloading to the pro cal tool. ken at ford racing was a great help in getting the help i needed to complete the install.

first off i do not think the 2.7 bronco felt under powered. from the factory it moves especially well with the 4.7 gear ratio that comes with the sasquatch package. i ordered it for the trans tuning. i had a few shifts in the earlier gears that i didn't like with the factory calibration. the ford racing calibration cleaned those shifts up big time. the trans feels fantastic.

i like a few others here planned on using 91 all the time. for me its not a daily driver so the added pain at the pump for premium really is a non issue. for others that are on the fence and run 91 octane its a no brainer.

now for the power. their is definitely a noticeable increase in power, especially torque. sometimes its hard to believe a little 2.7 can make this much power. although with the power an ej257, k20 and other small displacement engines can make these days, i guess not all that surprising.

is it worth the money? for me a 100%. as a tool to let me change my tire size, made the transmission way smoother and added power. sign me up.
Sponsored