Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't believe someone would spend this much trouble to steal gas. At least pick a vehicle like the F150 that has a 36 gallon tank.
That's my other vehicle.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Happened here not to long ago, except an off duty cop went to stop them and he got killed. Over catalytic converters.

I work with people in the scrap industry (welding shop) and we made sure our guy does not buy converters.

The guy I get my glasses from had his A/C stripped of all the copper, had it fixed and they came back and stole it all again. So he asked us to make him an A/C cage this time.

People suck and will steal anything that ain't nailed down or overprotected.
Not to call you out too hard, but when you start your statement with "Happened here" and you list your location as "Earth", one cannot help but assume that everything happened where you're at, at least in terms of humans.

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] 1654800392347

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] cbcec15c-f089-4082-84d0-bb42ad4a356c_text

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to call you out too hard, but when you start your statement with "Happened here" and you list your location as "Earth", one cannot help but assume that everything happened where you're at, at least in terms of humans.

Ford Bronco PSA: Gas Tank Got Drilled by Gas Thieves [WARNING: NO PROMOTING VIOLENCE or POLITICS] cbcec15c-f089-4082-84d0-bb42ad4a356c_text

The TX in the name didn't give it away?

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, they let it drip into a oil change tray or something? Then transfer to 5 gallon cans maybe? How does this work?

Seems pretty bold.

BTW, I drove a pickup for years that had a leak in The tank. I tapped in a machine screw with a neoprene grommet and never had an issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jwredneck

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, they let it drip into a oil change tray or something? Then transfer to 5 gallon cans maybe? How does this work?

Seems pretty bold.

BTW, I drove a pickup for years that had a leak in The tank. I tapped in a machine screw with a neoprene grommet and never had an issue.
The drill them and let it run into some kind of catch tray I guess.

So for those curios. Cost of a tank is $1546. Amazingly not back ordered, but ships from detroit. I would repair if it was my daily driver, but it is the wife's and I don't want here worrying about a leak springing.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The TX in the name didn't give it away?
I try not to make assumptions unless they are outlandish. And a real Texan would want to list Texas as their location due to being the center of the known universe.

If it's your handle then heck, it might mean you want to be texted "Bronco77", or you are giving thanks in shorthand ebonics like the kids are using now a day when they are grinding their twats through he tubes of the internets. I don't know and didn't want to make assumptions, so Earth it is!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The drill them and let it run into some kind of catch tray I guess.

So for those curios. Cost of a tank is $1546. Amazingly not back ordered, but ships from detroit. I would repair if it was my daily driver, but it is the wife's and I don't want here worrying about a leak springing.
Is that the installed price or just the cost of the tank?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I try not to make assumptions unless they are outlandish. And a real Texan would want to list Texas as their location due to being the center of the known universe.

If it's your handle then heck, it might mean you want to be texted "Bronco77", or you are giving thanks in shorthand ebonics like the kids are using now a day when they are grinding their twats through he tubes of the internets. I don't know and didn't want to make assumptions, so Earth it is!
Lot of assumptions in a reply about not making assumptions.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

over here in the park, they just cut your catalytic converters off specially 4x4 and RVs.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For $100- or $150 you're gonna do that?? IDIOTS
It wouldn't even be that much unless they got a few 5 gallon buckets with them. Look for alot more of this in the coming weeks and months. I heard on the radio $6 national average by Labor Day.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For $100- or $150 you're gonna do that?? IDIOTS
These low life's will do this shit for a few bucks or a hit of their favorite drug.

Worthless trash.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I put cameras up around our driveway, people be looking for vehicles with 48 gallon gas tanks.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy s$@! we've gotten to this level? I haven't heard anything about this, but I also don't read or watch the news too much. Sorry it happened to you guys.

Since it's really the side you are looking to protect, I'm just not sure how much aftermarket skids are going to prioritize that since they also want them to be light and would prioritize just the bottom. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
Happens here locally quite a bit along with catalytic converter theft
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.