Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How well does that work?
Works great. The only issue is when I use it outside, the coon’s just reach in the top and steal the peanut butter wiped on the back end of the flap. I use it in the storage facility because it auto reloads.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How well does that work?
It’s just one of many tools I use to keep the rodent population in check. I will say a family of foxes works the best but they only stay a year or two and then I’m forced to go back to my other tools.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This was the cabin air filter inside my old Escape. The filter was gone and replaced with a mouse nest. Squirrels and mice squatted in that engine compartment but never ate any parts other than the cabin air filter. But, that began my quest to eliminate the little varmits from this planet!

Ford Bronco Raccoon and mice invade Bronco engine bay IMG_1051

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Occasionally spraying the engine bay with a concoction made of Irish Spring soap, or body wash and water works wonders. Not sure about the effect it has on racoons but mice and squirrels do not fancy the aroma.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go for rodent poison, skip the Big Box and hardware store stuff. You want to go to a farm supply outfit for serious products.
Regarding racoons and opossums, look into repellants that utilize coyote urine. Don't ask me how they get the raw (pun intended) ingredient. I don't know, and don't want to.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't ask me how they get the raw (pun intended) ingredient. I don't know, and don't want to.
Haven't you heard of those horrible coyote farms that mass produce the urine?

...me neither 🙃

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tying a few Bounce dryer sheets in the engine compartment will help with repelling mice. Simple Green cleaning occasionally also seems to work for me. I had mouse problems in my Chev a few years back and SG cleaning seemed to cure it - knock on wood....

My brother recently found a rabbit in the engine compartment of his newer GMC. Dealer had to install a new harness to the tune of 3K. Its war on bunnies at his house.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put, check for rodents in bronco, on my to do list for today ...
No rodent signs.

I used to see a raccoon walk past my bronco every night. Haven't seen him in a while, but he always seemed a little sickly.

We used to have rats in the neighborhood, but there numbers seemed to decline when squirrels moved into the neighborhood. The both seem to live on apricot pits...

I looked around my yard and it just seems like there are so many better places to live than an engine compartment.

Those of you who have damage, do you daily drive it?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go for rodent poison, skip the Big Box and hardware store stuff. You want to go to a farm supply outfit for serious products.
Regarding racoons and opossums, look into repellants that utilize coyote urine. Don't ask me how they get the raw (pun intended) ingredient. I don't know, and don't want to.
The best rodent poison that you can buy is Contrac. You can find it online. I get the small packets and spread them out in our crawl space and the garage. You can also get the big blocks and put them in the black plastic external cases that you see around strip malls (like a shoebox). Why I like the packets is you can see when the mice/rats tear into them. Then just replace the packets (after you clean up the torn one). Its a great way to see if you have a varmint issue. And the other good part is I never see the bodies. They may be dead in the walls or wherever they were nesting, but I never see carcasses.

OP
OP
indio22

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No rodent signs.

I used to see a raccoon walk past my bronco every night. Haven't seen him in a while, but he always seemed a little sickly.

We used to have rats in the neighborhood, but there numbers seemed to decline when squirrels moved into the neighborhood. The both seem to live on apricot pits...

I looked around my yard and it just seems like there are so many better places to live than an engine compartment.

Those of you who have damage, do you daily drive it?
I think you hit on a key ingredient for why my Bronco was targeted. Last Halloween for me was a trick instead of treat - knee surgery. Laid up in a leg brace, my Bronco has seen limited use the last few months. Maybe that was an invitation for critters.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, at least it is not "I live in the city and my Bronco was carjacked at gunpoint".
Sponsored