Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That may be true, and I won't debate that info. However, there is an intrinsic "enjoyment" value of having the options while owned. Meaning - If I have all the options, I will enjoy having them available to use.
Yes, my wife enjoys having several different purses available to use.

That I lost value at the time of sale likely won't be that much of concern.
An enviable position, to be sure, but the opposite of your original claim.

The F150 is Fords flagship so it's understandable the lower trim models would hold value as they make a perfect "work" vehicle.
"The Bronco is Ford's flagship offroader so it's understandable the lower trim models would hold value as they make a perfect "offroad" vehicle."

Platinum model is the "mall crawler" version.
"Badlands model is the "mall crawler" version."

As for the Bronco we may be looking at apples and oranges - Bronco is billed as purpose built - to take on Jeep.
"F150 is billed as purpose built - to take on Chevy/Dodge."

The analogy is very close. The vehicle inherently has some utilitarian value. That utility doesn't really go away with age. But people that are buying Platinums are not buying just the utility, they're buying the gizmos, the gadgets, and the prestige of a new, fancy truck. The money you pay for the "new" and the "fancy" is what evaporates right away.

In the same vein, the Bronco has some base utility that will always be there. Those that choose to pay twice as much to get some flashy wheels and bigger screens and branded speakers aren't doing it for the pure utility, but for the intangibles that come with it. And the intangibles aren't worth as much on the secondary market.
Sponsored

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't surprised Ford did not make B&O a stand-alone option. Car companies make much more money when they bundle options into packages.

Same reason Homelink isn't available by itself. That's one option I really wanted because otherwise I'd need to have three remotes clipped to my visor to get into my community and garage. Ugh.

Still don't think I will pay $6k for the LUX pkg though.
Look up Homelink garage door opener on Amazon. $150 bucks install yourself, skip that $6000 Lux

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure all of the B&O speakers are just cheap paper speakers with Ford stamped on the back. As a F150 owner with the B&O option, I can tell you that there's nothing hugely special about the B&O speakers.

That would be sad if B&O allowed themselves to sell cheaply made stuff. Back when at least, they were not only high end, but like one of the highest you could get. LIke doesn't make sense financially even for millionaires high. I have a feeling the speakers themselves are actually solid along with the amp, Ford prob just doesn't take time to calibrate them to the vehicle like Audi and other luxury brands do.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, my wife enjoys having several different purses available to use.

As does Mine....

An enviable position, to be sure, but the opposite of your original claim.

For now, as we honestly don't have any info to go off of, I will keep my opinion that a used fully loaded BL or WT will hold a greater value than say Base model.

"The Bronco is Ford's flagship offroader so it's understandable the lower trim models would hold value as they make a perfect "offroad" vehicle."

Yes, the Bronco will be Ford's flagship off-road vehicle - the trip level part is debatable... I say this as (from what I can read from this forum only) there are two main buyers here - fully loaded from factory (BL/WT/OBX) i.e. folks that want all the bells and whistles and might add "some" options later and (base/BD/BB) folks that want to fully customize on their own with OEM and nonOEM parts to build "their" personal off-road monster.

"Badlands model is the "mall crawler" version."

Yup, not going to disagree here.

"F150 is billed as purpose built - to take on Chevy/Dodge."

This has always been the case for Ford Trucks. no denying that.

The analogy is very close. The vehicle inherently has some utilitarian value. That utility doesn't really go away with age. But people that are buying Platinums are not buying just the utility, they're buying the gizmos, the gadgets, and the prestige of a new, fancy truck. The money you pay for the "new" and the "fancy" is what evaporates right away.

In the same vein, the Bronco has some base utility that will always be there. Those that choose to pay twice as much to get some flashy wheels and bigger screens and branded speakers aren't doing it for the pure utility, but for the intangibles that come with it. And the intangibles aren't worth as much on the secondary market.
This may be true - again not debating the issue. I guess we will have to see what a few years down the road look like when if comes to revisiting the topic. Cheers and Thanks for the conversation.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh... Oh, no. No, no, no.

Harman Kardon has some of the best auto systems in the market. Can't believe you replaced it with an :sick: Alpine. ?

Alpine's ? quality in the auto market has become basically Walmart level in the last 15 years.

I feel for you, man. Oof.

That being said, I have zero experience with Bang & Olufsen but I do know they've been competitors with Harmon Kardon, Bose, Lexicon and other high end systems.

I don't know if they're worth the money for the Lux Package by themselves, but you're getting a LOT of other things with that package that smooths out the overall cost.

If I end up unhappy with my B&O system, I'll do as I've done before and pull it out and replace it with Harmon Kardon or Bose.
Pretty sure Harman Kardon owns B&O
-
https://news.harman.com/releases/ha...on-of-bang-olufsens-automotive-audio-business

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be sad if B&O allowed themselves to sell cheaply made stuff. Back when at least, they were not only high end, but like one of the highest you could get. LIke doesn't make sense financially even for millionaires high. I have a feeling the speakers themselves are actually solid along with the amp, Ford prob just doesn't take time to calibrate them to the vehicle like Audi and other luxury brands do.
Here are some pics I stole from another forum where a user upgraded his B&O system using Focal components. Gives you an idea what you are getting with the B&O. It sounds fine but it's by no means an audiophile system.

2B7AB096-64B3-4C82-937D-926461AF6416.jpeg

7364EF00-5AFB-4D72-A6DB-EDBBC76245BC.jpeg

510B845F-9E6E-44E5-92BD-C2ED73A225D6.jpeg

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some pics I stole from another forum where a user upgraded his B&O system using Focal components. Gives you an idea what you are getting with the B&O. It sounds fine but it's by no means an audiophile system.

2B7AB096-64B3-4C82-937D-926461AF6416.jpeg

7364EF00-5AFB-4D72-A6DB-EDBBC76245BC.jpeg

510B845F-9E6E-44E5-92BD-C2ED73A225D6.jpeg

Those are all focal speakers, did you find photos of the B&O speakers after they were taken out?

Edit: Ohh the mid picture is the stock B&O correct?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are all focal speakers, did you find photos of the B&O speakers after they were taken out?

Edit: Ohh the mid picture is the stock B&O correct?
Top picture shows Focal speakers with magnet up but the cone up are the B&O speakers. You can see the cone material and surround.

Middle picture is the magnet of the front (6x9) and rear (6.5).

Bottom pics are of the A-pillar mounted tweeters - stock vs Focal

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top picture shows Focal speakers with magnet up but the cone up are the B&O speakers. You can see the cone material and surround.

Middle picture is the magnet of the front (6x9) and rear (6.5).

Bottom pics are of the A-pillar mounted tweeters - stock vs Focal

I don't see much difference between the two. I think its time i go listen to them at the dealership.

Sponsored

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.
Dibs! haha

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see much difference between the two. I think its time i go listen to them at the dealership.
Lol, other then the magnet being at least 10 times bigger and the much nicer cone material. Trust me the B&O is not going to sound close to a properly amplified Focal speaker set. That being said, some people are not audiophiles and could care less about the quality and accuracy of the sound, and that is totally OK. I was an assistant manager at a theater in college and ran the projectors all the time. Every time I go to the theaters (Or should I say back in the day when we used to go to watch movies, f$%k you COVID) if the film is slightly out of frame it triggers me to know end. I start to get up to go tell the employees and my wife starts laughing. No one else in the theater even knows its off frame, but i'm triggered by it lol. Same goes for audiophiles. What some people hear and think "sounds fine man", the audiophile is cringing and wanting to cover his ears because the treble is shrill and unrefined, the mid bass is almost non existent, and their is no deep bass at all, and that's ok too. The normal person is gonna think the B&O sounds great, the audiophile will always want better.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.
Good tip. Any suggestions in regards to aftermarket speakers?

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, other then the magnet being at least 10 times bigger and the much nicer cone material. Trust me the B&O is not going to sound close to a properly amplified Focal speaker set. That being said, some people are not audiophiles and could care less about the quality and accuracy of the sound, and that is totally OK. I was an assistant manager at a theater in college and ran the projectors all the time. Every time I go to the the:LOL: aters (Or should I say back in the day when we used to go to watch movies, f$%k you COVID) if the film is slightly out of frame it triggers me to know end. I start to get up to go tell the employees and my wife starts laughing. No one else in the theater even knows its off frame, but i'm triggered by it lol. Same goes for audiophiles. What some people hear and think "sounds fine man", the audiophile is cringing and wanting to cover his ears because the treble is shrill and unrefined, the mid bass is almost non existent, and their is no deep bass at all, and that's ok too. The normal person is gonna think the B&O sounds great, the audiophile will always want better.

I obviously have no idea what a good quality speaker looks like on the inside :LOL: but i'm def an audiophile. It's really hard for me to enjoy music now if its not well balanced and crisp. Worst case scenario ill have 10 speakers i can swap out instead of 6 for an even better aftermarket system! RIP my wallet
Sponsored