Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got confirmation that my 2021 Badlands non Sasquatch is in production. I ordered a 3.5" lift kit and then received a phone call that it will not fit and that there is no lift available for the Badlands models yet. My intentions were to put 37's on it but now I am not sure where to start at.

Does anyone have a link to lift kit that will work with a non SAS BL?

THANK YOU - I also work for a dealer if you need anything.
I’m curious as to what their reasoning for it not fitting is.

If it’s a spacer lift, and it’s meant for lower trims, the BL suspension may allow for too much travel.

If it’s a spacer lift meant for Sas, then it may work with BL but just not provide the advertised amount of lift.

If it’s a full coilover replacement, then it should work, since you’re just removing all the BL components from the vehicle anyway… maybe they just haven’t tested it so they don’t want to say it will work?

Were they more specific?

RyanJ007

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s a spacer lift, and it’s meant for lower trims, the BL suspension may allow for too much travel.

If it’s a spacer lift meant for Sas, then it may work with BL but just not provide the advertised amount of lift.

If it’s a full coilover replacement, then it should work, since you’re just removing all the BL components from the vehicle anyway… maybe they just haven’t tested it so they don’t want to say it will work?

Were they more specific?

Ordered a Zone 3.5" spacer lift - I was told they have one for Sas and standard but not Badlands. The Badlands is in R&D and may be available in the future months to come. There is a ton of conflicting information on this topic all over this site and other forums. I am going to get a 1" spacer that I know fits and is available until someone has a definitive lift option available.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ordered a Zone 3.5" spacer lift - I was told they have one for Sas and standard but not Badlands. The Badlands is in R&D and may be available in the future months to come. There is a ton of conflicting information on this topic all over this site and other forums. I am going to get a 1" spacer that I know fits and is available until someone has a definitive lift option available.
In stock TODAY, in Maryland...

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/4-whe...front-coilovers-52233bx-1/_/R-4WPBR-52233BX-1

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1636556003501

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1636555955066

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@flip, one of the forum Ford dealers (aka, one of the good guys) is collecting VIN's so he can put together a list of Ford part numbers for the Bilstein coilover assemblies so forum member will be able to order a full assembly from him to upgrade their suspension to either Badlands or Sasquatch style coilovers.

Please follow the below link to his thread and DM him your VIN number so he can build a complete picture of all variables and options, which affect spring part numbers.

Need VINs for suspension IDs

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do need these to be vehicles that have been built and delivered. The parts systems has some lag built in loading vehicles so if you've taken delivery, it should be in there.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Were they more specific?

Just a guess, but I would imagine it is due to the sway bar and electric disconnect. IIRC, it is frame attached and they likely didn't account for the extra travel needed for the sway bar and its electronic disconnect/connect mechanisms/wiring. Mechanical sway bars are easy and/or may not need to be moved at all. The electric on probably gets finnicky once the geometry is jacked with.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a guess, but I would imagine it is due to the sway bar and electric disconnect. IIRC, it is frame attached and they likely didn't account for the extra travel needed for the sway bar and its electronic disconnect/connect mechanisms/wiring. Mechanical sway bars are easy and/or may not need to be moved at all. The electric on probably gets finnicky once the geometry is jacked with.
I like this reasoning, but looking at the frame and how the swaybar is connected/mounted, I don't think this is the issue... not to mention both the Sas and BL can come with disconnects... so it's not a problem unique to the BL.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there anyone we can waterboard to get the spring rates?!?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would want a 3" lift on a non-squatch Black Diamond for 37" tires. You may also need new upper control arms for that as well so you don't damage your CV joints. This really needs to be new coilovers, not spacers. Other threads show other possible solutions to lifts and 37" tires, but it depends if this will be a off-road beast or mall crawler queen.

Fender flares are personal preference and what wheel offset you go with (many other threads discuss this part of the equation). But general rule of thumb, you want wider fender flares so you don't chip up the side of you Bronco, the door handles and the windshield of the person following you.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1636555955066
this chart confuses me. if you are replacing suspension completely for 37s, why would you need a shorter coilover on the Squatch vs other trims? once the coilover is removed aren't we all starting from the same mounting position? I get there will be some weight differences, but it seems like once I pull the suspension, i have the same clean slate regardless of trim.
what am I missing?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

this chart confuses me. if you are replacing suspension completely for 37s, why would you need a shorter coilover on the Squatch vs other trims? once the coilover is removed aren't we all starting from the same mounting position? I get there will be some weight differences, but it seems like once I pull the suspension, i have the same clean slate regardless of trim.
what am I missing?
Technically you're correct we all starting from the same mounting position, however there are no starting dimensions for that. My dimensions start from Ford's documents and make and analysis from those for each trim.

Regarding "why would you need a shorter coilover on the Squatch vs other trims?" You don't, you need less lift, due to tire size. Starting from the overall tire diameter, you take one half of that to determine how much lift each size tire gives you, I call this Radius Lift, shown in the below chart.
1623923171610-png.png

Then you move onto this chart which shows the amount of total lift you need, including both Radius Lift and taller Coilovers or Spacers, by trim.
1623678791332-png.png

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically you're correct we all starting from the same mounting position, however there are no starting dimensions for that. My dimensions start from Ford's documents and make and analysis from those for each trim.

Regarding "why would you need a shorter coilover on the Squatch vs other trims?" You don't, you need less lift, due to tire size. Starting from the overall tire diameter, you take one half of that to determine how much lift each size tire gives you, I call this Radius Lift, shown in the below chart.
Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1623678791332-

Then you move onto this chart which shows the amount of total lift you need, including both Radius Lift and taller Coilovers or Spacers, by trim.
Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1623678791332-
@North7 - Right! hadn't thought about that, but my concern is in true offroad conditions, if I do a suspension lift of 2.0" on a BL Squatch to accommodate 37s, do I risk any rub at full compression?

at say 2.0 or 2.5" of total lift, do I need to worry about geometry and replace the UCAs?

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/17743/icon-accessories-21-up-bronco-3-c-o-spacer-kit/
Sponsored