Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can safely state that you do not need a lift with a 295/70R17, so based on this data

Old = 275/70R18
New = 295/70R17

ParameterOldNewDifference
Overall diameter:33.2"33.3"+0.1" (+0.3%)
ok_icon.png
Section width10.8"11.6"+0.8" (+7.3%)
Circumference104.2"104.5"+0.3" (+0.3%)
Sidewall height7.6"8.1"+0.6" (+7.3%)
Revs per mile:608.3606.4-1.9 (-0.3%)
ClearanceClearance changes to 0.1"

You should be good to go without any lift. Here is my OBX - No lift. One caveat, I went from a +55 Offset to a +30 Offset, which moved my tires out 0.6" (which when considering the section width (11.6" - 10.8")/2 = 0.4") the difference means that at most you are talking less than 1/4" of inside clearance lost compared to my Bronco.

Bronco M3.jpg
Bronco M1.jpg

Ya, you miss out on the electronic Sway Bar Disconnect with the OBX, but really, did you need it for "Mild" to "Moderate" trails... No. Don't stress it... sure the SBD is nice to have, but not worth giving up carpet (or cloth seats in South Texas) for. If I could have had any interior I wanted, I too, might have gone for the Badlands... But I have no regrets.
Shackle Mounts.jpg
Quick question that rough country winch plate you install or had a shop do so and was it difficult to install? What's your opinion on it, is it sturdy ? I got a OBX 4 door 2.7L sasquatch i live in south Texas mild trails a lots of sand thanks to SPI and was thinking on ordering it today but wasn't sure. I did get rough country hood struts and i gotta say that are nice for $60.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick question that rough country winch plate you install or had a shop do so and was it difficult to install? What's your opinion on it, is it sturdy ? I got a OBX 4 door 2.7L sasquatch i live in south Texas mild trails a lots of sand thanks to SPI and was thinking on ordering it today but wasn't sure. I did get rough country hood struts and i gotta say that are nice for $60.
Martin, I am in south Texas, let's just get together sometime and I can show you what you want to see.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes IMG-9b22eb69479fcbe7dec96a61c090896b-V

And believe me, this got much worse and crazy enough to hit the skid plates on 33.5" tires.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 20211205_115526

One last note, I do my own wrenching.

MMJ

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4DR Base that I was able to get the takeoff wheels and tires from a Wildtrack. Using the guide, if I put a Zone 1 leveling kit on should solve my tire rubbing problem. Does that sound correct? Thanks for posting such great information.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a 4DR Base that I was able to get the takeoff wheels and tires from a Wildtrack. Using the guide, if I put a Zone 1 leveling kit on should solve my tire rubbing problem. Does that sound correct? Thanks for posting such great information.
What is the amount of lift with the Zone 1 kit, front and back?

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is a leveling kit so it only adds 1 in to the front.
It should take care of rubbing in the front but you may still have rubbing in the rear at full compression. You're better off going with 1 inch spacers front and rear.

MMJ

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
It should take care of rubbing in the front but you may still have rubbing in the rear at full compression. You're better off going with 1 inch spacers front and rear.
Thank you!!!

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Martin, I am in south Texas, let's just get together sometime and I can show you what you want to see.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 20211205_115526

And believe me, this got much worse and crazy enough to hit the skid plates on 33.5" tires.

One last note, I do my own wrenching.
Yea definitely man it be nice to see it installed. I'm against the wall on ordering it due to it mounting underneath the truck not sure it be Ridgid enough or if it fit on a 2.7L

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea definitely man it be nice to see it installed. I'm against the wall on ordering it due to it mounting underneath the truck not sure it be Ridgid enough or if it fit on a 2.7L
I would hold off, I would expect RC to come out with a revision to address the 2.7 at some point. I think that it's rigid enough, but I see a few ways that it could be much more stout (and only adding a minimal amount of extra metal to do so). It's probably rigid enough for starters, but.... I tend to overbuild this kind of stuff.

A large part of the winch mount plate is a flat piece of unbraced steel (braced on the ends somewhat). Welding a 1" or 2" flat bar of 1/8" steel across the front and back of the mount would stiffen it tremendously. Making bending or warping the winch mount highly unlikely under any load that wouldn't break something else first.

OL SKUUL

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL 7speed 2d, 22 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the great work!

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you to Jason hamilton for posting what appears to be the first vendor Bronco suspension info page along with available coilovers. Much of the information appears to be similar, if not identical, to my information in post #1 of this thread, perhaps another case of Bronco6g being use for source material. :unsure:

2021+ Ford Bronco Suspension & Shock Guide

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone offer a kit for that? ... or how would one raise the rear to match a level kit installed in the front? I have a Badlands Non-Sasquatch and am looking to do 0.5" - 1" of lift but would prefer to keep the existing rake.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you to Jason hamilton for posting what appears to be the first vendor Bronco suspension info page along with available coilovers. Much of the information appears to be similar, if not identical, to my information in post #1 of this thread, perhaps another case of Bronco6g being use for source material. :unsure:

2021+ Ford Bronco Suspension & Shock Guide

It does seem B6G is driving most of the knowledge of the Bronco, doesn't it.

Last edited:

ChadNC

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the nubbie question in advance.
Are most people adding lift kits to the existing Sasquatch suspension factory kit or just adding a lift kit , wheels, & tires and not ordering a Sasquatch package?
Sponsored