Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of bitching on the web about the lack of SFA on the Bronco vs IFS

So riddle me this:

If a stock IFS Bronco can do off roading as well or 95% as good as a stock Wrangler, but yet offers a superior on road driving experience...does that change your option?
no. The only way I buy a 2dr for me is if it has SFA or can be easily/readily changed to SFA. I am fine with an IFS for the 4Dr I'll buy the wife.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sherminator be like:
Ford Bronco The IFS vs SFA Thread 1582222993170
In my defense ... it wasn't here originally lol

Can't wait to see the fascinating discussion on this novel and very unique question.
Thankfully we have this thread to provide a safe space for any and all interested parties to beat their dead horses in peace. Or something like that.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Speaking with regard to the Bronco. "Lets see" there are some assumptions right now regarding its dimensions and equipment which are just that, assumptions.
Don't think anything I listed is an assumption at this point. Maybe how "flat" the 1/4 panels are, but
it would be hard to make it just like a jeep, uless you made it just like a jeep.

I'm not saying I would want that, but it is a big reason you can buy a jeep and go pretty hard core
with some bolt on stuff. There is just not enough body left to damage (or it just wasn't there to begin with).

Does bring up a point on "hard core". Where on the east coast can you (and/or are allowed to) run 50+ MPH offroad, anywhere??

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've got a minibuggy I built as a project years ago. I took it to the UP of Michigan in 2012. Other than running around farms for novelty, it hardly gets used anymore. Maybe once a year I fire it up and take it around the block, illegally. Most offroad parks have 15mph speed limits. Guys on side by sides and dirtbikes often break that limit, of course.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a minibuggy I built as a project years ago. I took it to the UP of Michigan in 2012. Other than running around farms for novelty, it hardly gets used anymore. Maybe once a year I fire it up and take it around the block, illegally. Most offroad parks have 15mph speed limits. Guys on side by sides and dirtbikes often break that limit, of course.
What size motor on that? wondering because I have a ~650cc 35 horse V-twin from a Yamaha V-star 650 laying around, and I've considered some little project buggy or go-cart like that.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am interested in the platform which offers the greatest array of use cases competently.
I think we need to define what this great array of use cases is. List please........

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been all over the east coast. Tellico, before it was closed, Harlan, Big Dogs in Va, PA parks, private property Maine and even north jersey (which has some surprisingly big rock terrain), so I suspected this was the answer before I asked.

Aside from illegaly hauling through my local pine barrens, I think I can safely rule out needing a rig
that can offroad over 25-30 MPH....... which a fullsize rig, even on 42's, does very comfortably already.

I'll be ecstatic if a new bronco manages to somehow get 38-40's mounted up with some limited upgrades, that
allows it to keep up at anywhere near the pace my buddy and I go at now.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What size motor on that? wondering because I have a ~650cc 35 horse V-twin from a Yamaha V-star 650 laying around, and I've considered some little project buggy or go-cart like that.
It has a 16,000rpm GSXR750 four cylinder. It would be around 120HP, but the exhaust probably knocks some of the top end off. Here's a youtube video from an old gopro (sound is bad/loud inside case).

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So ... I'm pretty sure my Pajero could make it up that trail without too much drama.

No promises but I'll make a note to try it this summer. I've been meaning to try some new places lol. Am I allowed to put on 33s and an inch lift or do I have to do it dead stock?
Just put this up to show some trails so people get an idea of some places that I frequent. Most of the Jeeps you see have 35's and a small lift. No fab for the most part just bolt on stuff you could do in your driveway. I should have taken a picture of it but they have areas that have a 10' wide sign hanging in the trees that's says EXTREME CAUTION do not pass this point unless you have lockers, winch, modified suspension, etc.. and they are not kidding some of these trails are killer. Plus there are areas that have signs that say no recovery from this point on. In other words if you get stuck we aren't coming to get 'ya. They also have filled in a large water hole and created a 6,000 foot rock crawling arear that has rocks the size of school buses in it. I have seen full size trucks there as well not just Jeeps.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has a 16,000rpm GSXR750 four cylinder. It would be around 120HP, but the exhaust probably knocks some of the top end off. Here's a youtube video from an old gopro (sound is bad/loud inside case).
Holy crap man. And here I was figuring my 650 would be plenty for a small tube frame chassis build, now I think I may need a bit bigger lol

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UUUMMMMM Don't think SFA is a dead horse just look at KOH :like::crackup:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been all over the east coast. Tellico, before it was closed, Harlan, Big Dogs in Va, PA parks, private property Maine and even north jersey (which has some surprisingly big rock terrain), so I suspected this was the answer before I asked.

Aside from illegaly hauling through my local pine barrens, I think I can safely rule out needing a rig
that can offroad over 25-30 MPH....... which a fullsize rig, even on 42's, does very comfortably already.

I'll be ecstatic if a new bronco manages to somehow get 38-40's mounted up with some limited upgrades, that
allows it to keep up at anywhere near the pace my buddy and I go at now.

OX1 What did you think of AOAA ??? I have only been going there for a short time but people I know have gone there since it opened and they have always had a good time. Something for everyone. Now with the boulder field it will be blast !!! Lots of broken shit because people think "oh that's easy" . Like my circle track buddies would always say to me "how hard can it be you don't even have to turn" (drag racing). I would tell them, Let me know how easy it is after you go out in the first round. and you are done after 10-12 seconds of fun. Problem with circle track racing is it cost 10x as much compared to a drag car you can drive daily and race on the weekends.

Seeing the Bronco with 35's, I agree a set of coil spacers, so common in the Wrangler, should get you to 37's. Mild lift kit well on your way to 40's. I can't wait for the real proving grounds ……...…… KOH ...…...… seeing how Lovell worked with them on the Bronco they should know what to expect. Or more like how strong it has to be!!!! You can see the scars he was giving that skid plate. I won't call it junk till I get my hands on one and see for myself.
Sponsored