Sponsored

The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am always amazed how the dealers do this, and get away with it. And instead of someone offering a similar build to the victim they flip it, you know because 6789 days they ’waited’
Sponsored

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is truly astonishing how incompetent some of these dealers are.
Incompetent or unethical? My dealer routinely holds orders for weeks, as long as there is communication. Of all their Bronco orders, they only sold 1 out from under someone and that is because after multiple attempts to contact, they received zero replies.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why are you going to go to a higher person at the dealer. Who do you think set the policy in the 1st place. The deposit and signatures are very relevant. We are now in the banana republic of auto dealers. Like other issues in the country they will do what ever the market and business allows. Why is the CEO of Ford pushing for a Tesla model? Wake up folks.
We have seen many cases on this forum when the dealer backs down. People have even been able to get Mike Levine involved. These businesses can be penalized by Ford with lower allocations. You just have to be persistent.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have seen many cases on this forum when the dealer backs down. People have even been able to get Mike Levine involved. These businesses can be penalized by Ford with lower allocations. You just have to be persistent.
Who is Mike Levine?

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just happened to me, too. At Corwin Ford of Springfield, Missouri. Posting here and planning to tweet the Ford brass as well. Sadly because mine is a manual, not sure there’s an easy solution here. Not that I expect Ford to take care of any of us.

I ordered a manual 2 door bronco in February of 2022. Wasn't available the day it arrived and asked for some patience as I got back to the region (I’ve since moved away from where I lived when I ordered).

after a brutal initial trade offer, they met me at a number I could live with.They forced a $600 doc fee and $300 “data dot protection” which they list as optional on all vehicles on their website but conveniently installed while they waited for me to come get the Bronco.

My original salesman quit before I was able to get there. He was a very cool guy but also worryingly casual. Missed a few things like telling me they switched standard bumpers when my order converted to a 2023.

I came and drove the truck, took it to my friend’s house I was staying at expressly to come to the region to buy the truck, tried to mull over the high stakes of the purchase and awful interest rate + added fees. Asked to bring it back in the morning to work on things. They agreed so I figured I could really trust this dealer against my better judgment.

In my trying to lower the pressure on the deal, they licked their lips and listed the Bronco online for $59,230 — $10k over sticker, nearly $14k over my price protected deal.

I offered to put more cash down to help get more comfortable with the amount of interest I’d be accruing, and I think this is where they realized I wasn’t falling for any of their trucks to milk extra profit out of the deal.

We had a security breach on our family bank accounts so they were frozen over the weekend. I got a cashier’s check made out to the dealership and asked them to send me the finalized updated deal sheet so I could check their math before driving back to seal the deal.

They PULLED MY CREDIT AGAIN after I mentioned adding more cash down to the deal. I’ve never had a dealership pull credit (three times now, twice for the deal and once because they input the info wrong) and then sell a car to someone else.

This is when they stalled for several hours then answered me and told me ten minutes later that the bronco had sold. It’s still listed on their website. He claims it takes “2-3 days for that to change” even though it took minutes to change when I got to town to review the deal.

He then offers to order me one in the next wave of orders. I reminded him that I won’t have price protection, won’t have the same trade offer, AND won’t be able to get a manual transmission.

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! F3A18676-631B-4ED7-9E07-596465EDC776

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just happened to me, too. At Corwin Ford of Springfield, Missouri. Posting here and planning to tweet the Ford brass as well. Sadly because mine is a manual, not sure there’s an easy solution here. Not that I expect Ford to take care of any of us.

I ordered a manual 2 door bronco in February of 2022. Wasn't available the day it arrived and asked for some patience as I got back to the region (I’ve since moved away from where I lived when I ordered).

after a brutal initial trade offer, they met me at a number I could live with.They forced a $600 doc fee and $300 “data dot protection” which they list as optional on all vehicles on their website but conveniently installed while they waited for me to come get the Bronco.

My original salesman quit before I was able to get there. He was a very cool guy but also worryingly casual. Missed a few things like telling me they switched standard bumpers when my order converted to a 2023.

I came and drove the truck, took it to my friend’s house I was staying at expressly to come to the region to buy the truck, tried to mull over the high stakes of the purchase and awful interest rate + added fees. Asked to bring it back in the morning to work on things. They agreed so I figured I could really trust this dealer against my better judgment.

In my trying to lower the pressure on the deal, they licked their lips and listed the Bronco online for $59,230 — $10k over sticker, nearly $14k over my price protected deal.

I offered to put more cash down to help get more comfortable with the amount of interest I’d be accruing, and I think this is where they realized I wasn’t falling for any of their trucks to milk extra profit out of the deal.

We had a security breach on our family bank accounts so they were frozen over the weekend. I got a cashier’s check made out to the dealership and asked them to send me the finalized updated deal sheet so I could check their math before driving back to seal the deal.

They PULLED MY CREDIT AGAIN after I mentioned adding more cash down to the deal. I’ve never had a dealership pull credit (three times now, twice for the deal and once because they input the info wrong) and then sell a car to someone else.

This is when they stalled for several hours then answered me and told me ten minutes later that the bronco had sold. It’s still listed on their website. He claims it takes “2-3 days for that to change” even though it took minutes to change when I got to town to review the deal.

He then offers to order me one in the next wave of orders. I reminded him that I won’t have price protection, won’t have the same trade offer, AND won’t be able to get a manual transmission.

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! F3A18676-631B-4ED7-9E07-596465EDC776
whaaaaat? Unreal.

Would you like to place another order since we sold your last one out from underneath you?

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Director, North America Product Communications at Ford Motor Company
So do we have a office phone #, email, facebook, twitter, home address, cell phone info we can post? :0)

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Mike related to Mark?

Sponsored

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is rich— I downloaded the Ford Pass app when I was initially doing the high pressure paperwork. The car is still at the dealership as of this minute. It’s also still live on their website. I think they panicked when I halved the amount of interest on the loan, which I figure they used as way to make me happy about trade in price.

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! BB33E5D1-9BCF-42E2-833F-C94D76063F05

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is rich— I downloaded the Ford Pass app when I was initially doing the high pressure paperwork. The car is still at the dealership as of this minute. It’s also still live on their website. I think they panicked when I halved the amount of interest on the loan, which I figure they used as way to make me happy about trade in price.

Ford Bronco The sold my truck from underneath me. Now what?! BB33E5D1-9BCF-42E2-833F-C94D76063F05
Friendly Ford... Can't make this stuff up. LOL

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Friendly Ford... Can't make this stuff up. LOL
I picked them in large part because the Crain dealerships have such a bad reputation. I lived in northwest Arkansas when I ordered and made a conscientious choice to work with Friendly (now Corwin).Joke’s on me I guess.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked them in large part because the Crain dealerships have such a bad reputation. I lived in northwest Arkansas when I ordered and made a conscientious choice to work with Friendly (now Corwin).Joke’s on me I guess.
It's all a crapshoot. To find a dealer ahead of time and one that is local would take a ton of legwork. Even then, we've seen reservation holders, who thought they had everything in order, get hosed when the Bronco arrived.

Good luck to you. Situations like this is why I waited and am traveling to Granger, but that was also a leap of faith back in 2020 too. It isn't like I knew them to be solid prior to all of this. Nothing is set in stone. I'd reach out to other dealers and let them know what you're looking for in a Bronco. I'd contact Granger too, because I'm sure there will be buyers who can't take delivery for various reasons this year.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tracked mine to the rail yard and once it was staged for the truck, I went in and took care of the purchase. Didn’t want to take any chance another sales person might sell it when it came off the truck. I purchased it a week before it was delivered to the dealer.
Sponsored