Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in the same boat as you. You get the price for which you signed off on when you ordered it. My dealer played dumb and tried to say I didn't qualify, but I do. Now, I did have to do some digging on my end and call Ford Marketing multiple times, but I ended up getting $2000 knocked off my base order. Basically, Ford will send your dealer a check for the price difference within 45 days of vehicle purchase.
Hopefully y'all have a preview of your order from WBDO (DORA)... With this, simply lay it down on the table and point to the line that says "Priced DORA".
Then have them explain what that means... It should be a real hoot to hear from the assbags which are trying to cheat the system.

Hint:
A priced DORA is a commitment from Ford to build the vehicle, exactly how it's going to be built, and at the exact price.

That's why it has a price level in the upper right corner.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully y'all have a preview of your order from WBDO (DORA)... With this, simply lay it down on the table and point to the line that says "Priced DORA".
Then have them explain what that means... It should be a real hoot to hear from the assbags which are trying to cheat the system.

Hint:
A priced DORA is a commitment from Ford to build the vehicle, exactly how it's going to be built, and at the exact price.

That's why it has a price level in the upper right corner.
So dealer is relenting and giving me my price protection, but now trying to charge me the $825 for the HD bumper, which I took off of the order and the Bronco was not build with....

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So... I have charged up this hill, fought and won....
Here is what I learned by working closely with a Ford zone manager and the Bronco marketing team.

This applies to us who do not have certificates in Vincent for both, 21 to 22 price increase AND the mid-year 2022 increase (the large one)... and who ordered prior to the increase (and meet all the other early order/reservation deadlines). Soon, it will trickle over to those unlucky early reservation/order souls who will have 2021 > 2022 and 2022 > 2023.

In my case, I had the 21 > 21 certificate in Vincent ($695), but had nothing for the larger ($1750) mid-2022 increase showing.

Long story short:
No one should pay and wait for a rebate. That actually costs you as much as the rebate is in some cases (taxes and possible finance charges). In most cases the dealer will give you a smaller amount, because that's what they received back... true... they get the invoiced amount back, not full MSRP.
I know some dealers have stated that's the way it works... No, it is not.

The skinny:
1) The model year 21 > 22 certificates are almost all in Vincent and are applied to the sale. (If they're not in Vincent and you're eligible... they're handled the same as #2)

2) The mid-year 2022 increase (including the $100 transportation bump) is shown as a rebate on the deal sheet against the new, higher MSRP.

All of that should get you back to the MSRP on your DORA - provided you didn't make changes to options along the way. If ya made changes, this will get you to the point prior to adding/subtracting options... your original model year order confirmation.

3) Lastly, the dealer is then credited for the invoiced amount of the rebate 45 days after they RDR the vehicle and show ownership by the person who ordered it.

Simple as can be. If the dealer refuses to make it this simple. Make it clear you intend to buy the vehicle, tell them clearly in writing (email) not to sell the vehicle to anyone other than yourself and engage the zone manager. Ideally, this is done through the dealer, but you may have to battle to get Ford customer service and/or the Bronco marketing support team to assist.

Me... I'm really good at finding people and their contact information - even when they don't want to be found.

Last edited:

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im a 21 walk in order in Sept of 21.. My OBX was delivered Aug 5.. Today I got my price protection check .. My dealer got me $1930.00 , was a lot more than i expected. Dealer thinking that Ford waits to issue the refund till vehicle has been titled in the order holders name...

Last edited:

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im a 21 walk in order in Sept of 21.. My OBX was delivered Aug 5.. Today I got my price protection check .. My dealer got me $1930.00 , was a lot more than i expected. Dealer thinking that Ford waits to issue the refund till vehicle has been titled in the order holders name...

Good deal!
In a sense, that is correct. The fact that Ford issues the check after titled to the person who ordered it. That's what my RDR statement was above... I should have explained, rather than using an unknown acronym. RDR is Retail Delivery Report - the documentation that assigns ownership to a vehicle... among other things. The dealer should be very well aware of how RDR works and when the credit arrives. Acting surprised or indicating they didn't know they'd have a credit in 45 days is silly.

The bad thing is... you were taxed on that $1930 and won't get that $135 back. If you financed, that extra amount financed will completely negate the rebate over the life of the loan. The average term/rate will mean $1930 is about $25-30 more per payment. That's $1800 additional over the term of the loan. Add 'em up (tax and financing hit) and ya lost $5 overall.

Not trying to be an asshole... just pointing out the pitfall of not getting the money up front, as Ford intends. It all stems from poor communication between @Ford Motor Company and the dealer network.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good deal!
In a sense, that is correct. The fact that Ford issues the check after titled to the person who ordered it. That's what my RDR statement was above... I should have explained, rather than using an unknown acronym. RDR is Retail Delivery Report - the documentation that assigns ownership to a vehicle... among other things. The dealer should be very well aware of how RDR works and when the credit arrives. Acting surprised or indicating they didn't know they'd have a credit in 45 days is silly.

The bad thing is... you were taxed on that $1930 and won't get that $135 back. If you financed, that extra amount financed will completely negate the rebate over the life of the loan. The average term/rate will mean $1930 is about $25-30 more per payment. That's $1800 additional over the term of the loan. Add 'em up (tax and financing hit) and ya lost $5 overall.

Not trying to be an asshole... just pointing out the pitfall of not getting the money up front, as Ford intends. It all stems from poor communication between @Ford Motor Company and the dealer network.
I see your point.. for me I paid cash. I'm just going to look at it as I paid a 135 adm , dealer did honor msrp.. still sucks

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good deal!

Yeah, the tax hit sucks but - and this is just me - I'd be taking that check and applying it to my loan, significantly mitigating any interest impact due to the balance being reduced so early in the instrument's life.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from the dealer, thought I was going to have to walk out.

They had my price as sticker -$800.
Should have been sticker -$2000

I still don't know if they were trying to screw me or if the sales manager simply wrote down the wrong number. I told him to call his zone rep. He yelled at me that he had been doing this for 20 years and he knew how it worked and I was supposed to pay the price on the DORA.

I'm all "yeah, that's what I want to pay you". At that point, he looked at the number, saw they didn't match, and claimed it was a typo and re-did it.

End of the night, I ended up paying sticker -$2800, because they took the MY22 DORA and subtracted the $800 model year difference off which I'm not entitled to since I order 2 weeks after the magical cut-off of 19 March. On the other hand, they make more money on their stupid $498 Doc fee than anything else, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Edit: Dealership missed the $100 increase on the delivery fee, so I was actually $900 under what it should have been. I'm honestly still confused if the $100 transport price increase is supposed to be price protected or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: Dealership missed the $100 increase on the delivery fee, so I was actually $900 under what it should have been. I'm honestly still confused if the $100 transport price increase is supposed to be price protected or not.
It’s not. No price protection was offered for destination and delivery. Just the cost of the vehicle itself.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm closing in on 90 days since delivery and not a peep in regards to my $1750 of MY22.5 price protection. I don't understand the complication at all. I'm going on a trip next week and when I return if I don't have a check then it'll be time to hound the dealer. I'm not letting this go.

Sponsored

CSX7034

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Gt3RS, 289FIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up my truck yesterday: Only gave me the $975.00 off. I though it should have had the other $2k if I read the flow correctly. The document only showed the $975 from ford.

Reservation date 10/6/20
2 door
Badlands Sas
Hard top

Only changed color in 2021 when they made me order the 2022 version.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my truck yesterday: Only gave me the $975.00 off. I though it should have had the other $2k if I read the flow correctly. The document only showed the $975 from ford.

Reservation date 10/6/20
2 door
Badlands Sas
Hard top

Only changed color in 2021 when they made me order the 2022 version.
Yup, you are correct.

Check your window sticker and see what base price they changed you. They may have just automatically applied the price from your DORA—which should be $2000 cheaper than what's listed on the window sticker.

My dealer just automatically applied the DORA price and didn't specifically call out the 2022MY price protection amount on the price agreement forms.

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from the dealer, thought I was going to have to walk out.

They had my price as sticker -$800.
Should have been sticker -$2000

I still don't know if they were trying to screw me or if the sales manager simply wrote down the wrong number. I told him to call his zone rep. He yelled at me that he had been doing this for 20 years and he knew how it worked and I was supposed to pay the price on the DORA.

I'm all "yeah, that's what I want to pay you". At that point, he looked at the number, saw they didn't match, and claimed it was a typo and re-did it.

End of the night, I ended up paying sticker -$2800, because they took the MY22 DORA and subtracted the $800 model year difference off which I'm not entitled to since I order 2 weeks after the magical cut-off of 19 March. On the other hand, they make more money on their stupid $498 Doc fee than anything else, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

What dealer did you use?

CSX7034

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Gt3RS, 289FIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, you are correct.

Check your window sticker and see what base price they changed you. They may have just automatically applied the price from your DORA—which should be $2000 cheaper than what's listed on the window sticker.

My dealer just automatically applied the DORA price and didn't specifically call out the 2022MY price protection amount on the price agreement forms.

My old 2020 build sheet showed MSRP for bronco $43,590. The current Window shows $44,495.00

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My old 2020 build sheet showed MSRP for bronco $43,590. The current Window shows $44,495.00
So... something must of changed on your order because that doesn't make any sense.

If $43,590 was your MSRP for 2020, then your window sticker today should be $46,665.
  • 2021MY Price: $43,590
  • Shipping/Handling increase: +$100
  • 2022MY Price increase: +$975
  • 2022.5MY Price increase: +$2,000
Sponsored