First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To say my head is spinning after reading 24 pages of the deciphering of Ford's version of the DaVinci Code would be a gross understatement.

Maybe someone could help me get some clarity. I have an Oct 2020 reservation for a Wildtrak. It is my recollection that at the time I placed my reservation I was only provided the ability to chose the number of doors and the trim level. At the time i did not have the ability to choose my package (mid, high, lux).

With that said I recently went to convert my reservation and was informed that because I am choosing the high package I would not qualify for any protection because I made "a change from a mid to high package". Huh, my reservation didn't include a package and I never attempted to convert before now. What am I missing?

Additionally, while I understand that Ford has yet to formally announce the protections for the earlier reservation holders ordering 23 models I am being told the only protection I'm entitled to is the "Retail Price Protection"

If I'm missing something someone please put me out of my misery and set me straight on both accounts.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To say my head is spinning after reading 24 pages of the deciphering of Ford's version of the DaVinci Code would be a gross understatement.

Maybe someone could help me get some clarity. I have an Oct 2020 reservation for a Wildtrak. It is my recollection that at the time I placed my reservation I was only provided the ability to chose the number of doors and the trim level. At the time i did not have the ability to choose my package (mid, high, lux).

With that said I recently went to convert my reservation and was informed that because I am choosing the high package I would not qualify for any protection because I made "a change from a mid to high package". Huh, my reservation didn't include a package and I never attempted to convert before now. What am I missing?

Additionally, while I understand that Ford has yet to formally announce the protections for the earlier reservation holders ordering 23 models I am being told the only protection I'm entitled to is the "Retail Price Protection"

If I'm missing something someone please put me out of my misery and set me straight on both accounts.

Thanks in advance
Truthfully I don’t have a good answer for you because Ford hasn’t publically released the details on price protection for 2023MY. I’m hoping we’ll see something in the next 2 weeks since 2023MY production begins beginning of November. But for all I know, Ford’s tactic this year may be to avoid releasing the details to reduce confusion. (We can’t be confused about something we know nothing about ;))

My guess (emphasis on guess) is if you didn’t place an order at all, then you are price protected back to whatever your reservation was… which would be a 2/4-Door Wildtrak.

Equipment packages (Mid/High/Lux), and 4x4 package (ESOF/EMTC) should only matter for mid-year price increases. For 2023MY, there hasn’t been a mid-year price increase… yet.

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Truthfully I don’t have a good answer for you because Ford hasn’t publically released the details on price protection for 2023MY. I’m hoping we’ll see something in the next 2 weeks since 2023MY production begins beginning of November. But for all I know, Ford’s tactic this year may be to avoid releasing the details to reduce confusion. (We can’t be confused about something we know nothing about ;))

My guess (emphasis on guess) is if you didn’t place an order at all, then you are price protected back to whatever your reservation was… which would be a 2/4-Door Wildtrak.

Equipment packages (Mid/High/Lux), and 4x4 package (ESOF/EMTC) should only matter for mid-year price increases. For 2023MY, there hasn’t been a mid-year price increase… yet.
Do you know anything about the supposed "personal offer" that Ford's supposedly going to send us?

I'd like to see a thread on that when/if those start to go out. The first of those will be very telling on what's going to happen.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know anything about the supposed "personal offer" that Ford's supposedly going to send us?

I'd like to see a thread on that when/if those start to go out. The first of those will be very telling on what's going to happen.
A "personal offer" is effectively the same thing as the 2021MY price protection this past year.

There are two types of offers... public offers and private offers. Public offers are the "Act now and get $2000 cash back on your new Ford!" commercials we used to see. Private offers are unique to you as a customer and are not available to the general public. This year (2022MY) Ford used private offers to deliver price protection for customers who were pre-March 2021 early reservation holders.

Pretty obvious Ford will use private offers again for price protection for 2023MY, but they haven't disclosed the amount you will receive.

Sponsored

Codiakmag

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what I am trying to understand is how the price protection applies, my dealer hasn't been very forthcoming with this info, or perhaps they don't know, but does the price protection get immediately added when you take ownership of the vehicle or am I going to be waiting from a check from Ford?

I don't particularly like the idea of financing a the 23 price with current interest rates with nothing but a promise that ford will cut me a check for the difference between the my21 and my23 price eventually.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer and I are stuck in a quandary. How does one verify the price protection of the ones that do not show up in Smart Vincent. The $825 is there, and we can see it. The $1750 is a big wild card, and no one can seem to answer where, when, or how it will apply. If it has to be rebated back to me, how can I verify that I'm getting the stupid rebate back in 30-90 days? My dealer GM after several calls around through zone reps and market etc, is in the same boat. No one can see where or verify qualifications. What is the best way to move this forward?
Reservation: 9/21/20
Order MY21: 3/17/21
Re-Order MY22: 10/3/21

After an endless phone call chain in Ford myself, I got a big fat nowhere. I have the original DORA from when I place the re-order a year ago in WBDO. Why is this so difficult?

EDIT: also, my dealer loved the flow chart. It just needs a who to contact to verify the MY22.5 price protection qualifications.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer and I are stuck in a quandary. How does one verify the price protection of the ones that do not show up in Smart Vincent. The $825 is there, and we can see it. The $1750 is a big wild card, and no one can seem to answer where, when, or how it will apply. If it has to be rebated back to me, how can I verify that I'm getting the stupid rebate back in 30-90 days? My dealer GM after several calls around through zone reps and market etc, is in the same boat. No one can see where or verify qualifications. What is the best way to move this forward?
Reservation: 9/21/20
Order MY21: 3/17/21
Re-Order MY22: 10/3/21

After an endless phone call chain in Ford myself, I got a big fat nowhere. I have the original DORA from when I place the re-order a year ago in WBDO. Why is this so difficult?

EDIT: also, my dealer loved the flow chart. It just needs a who to contact to verify the MY22.5 price protection qualifications.
Have your dealer ask Ford for the original DORA when you submitted your 10/3/21 order. Your dealer should notice that the original DORA is $1750 cheaper than the window sticker price.

Customers are locked into the price when the order was confirmed and the DORA was generated by Ford acknowledging the receipt of the order. That's just standard retail price protection Ford offers for vehicles with mid-year price increases. There is no offer or anything to lookup in Vincent. Once the Ford verifies the vehicle was sold to the original order holder the price difference will be on their monthly dealer payment statement.

The zone managers usually are the ones to help dealers with this, but I know Ford completely reorganized the zone manager/dealership relationship organization back in August... so I don't know what it looks like these days.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what I am trying to understand is how the price protection applies, my dealer hasn't been very forthcoming with this info, or perhaps they don't know, but does the price protection get immediately added when you take ownership of the vehicle or am I going to be waiting from a check from Ford?

I don't particularly like the idea of financing a the 23 price with current interest rates with nothing but a promise that ford will cut me a check for the difference between the my21 and my23 price eventually.
That depends on your dealer. Most will give you the price protection up-front when you go to pay for the vehicle. But there isn't a policy that says they absolutely have to, and some dealers are worried that they won't receive the reimbursements from Ford.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have your dealer ask Ford for the original DORA when you submitted your 10/3/21 order. Your dealer should notice that the original DORA is $1750 cheaper than the window sticker price.

Customers are locked into the price when the order was confirmed and the DORA was generated by Ford acknowledging the receipt of the order. That's just standard retail price protection Ford offers for vehicles with mid-year price increases. There is no offer or anything to lookup in Vincent. Once the Ford verifies the vehicle was sold to the original order holder the price difference will be on their monthly dealer payment statement.

The zone managers usually are the ones to help dealers with this, but I know Ford completely reorganized the zone manager/dealership relationship organization back in August... so I don't know what it looks like these days.
Thanks! I handed it to her! It has her and my signature and even a hand written note about the MY21 to MY22 price protection price adjustment. What else can I point to that I’m permitted the PP for the MY22.5 increase? I’m not accusing anyone of playing games but I find it hard to believe that I am the first person in my region that is sticking to my PP. my flowchart works out just fine (thanks! You da man!!!!) but everyone one I come across is just staring at me like I’m crazy. Thanks for confirming that I’m not crazy. I don’t want to walk from the Bronco over this but honesly, I didn’t change a thing on my MY22 build just to make sure I didn’t upset the PP.

Does anyone have a screen grab of the MY22 PP from Fords site. It’s already changed to MY23. Over two years and here I am still playing Ford Games?

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart 990BB27E-CD64-4B02-97D5-CCDD2D25F607

Sponsored

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im a 21 walk in order in Sept of 21.. My OBX was delivered Aug 5.. Today I got my price protection check .. My dealer got me $1930.00 , was a lot more than i expected. Dealer thinking that Ford waits to issue the refund till vehicle has been titled in the order holders name...
Did you have a reservation? I'm trying to figure all of this out and thought that price protection only applied to original reservation holders. I'm also a walk in October 2021 orderer.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you have a reservation? I'm trying to figure all of this out and thought that price protection only applied to original reservation holders. I'm also a walk in October 2021 orderer.
No i didnt have a reservation. I was a walk in order.. Now if you made any changes to your order after march of 22 , that will affect your price protection..

vb_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No i didnt have a reservation. I was a walk in order.. Now if you made any changes to your order after march of 22 , that will affect your price protection..
Yep since then I have done some digging. I was not aware of the "second round" of price protection - but am now. I haven't made any changes that qualify based on this flow chart or any other resources that I've seen (only eliminated tow and added mod bumper in late March '22). At this point I'm just gathering all the info I need to take to the dealer. It seems like a mix between credit at purchase and check in the mail later.

becksthebaker

Badlands
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would welcome some clarification from those who understand this.

reservation august 8/28/2020
1st order 1/28/21
2nd order 11/2/21
took delivery in may 22

I never had any major changes. Engine, trim, or package… I basically just dropped tow.

what price protection should I have received? Thanks.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would welcome some clarification from those who understand this.

reservation august 8/28/2020
1st order 1/28/21
2nd order 11/2/21
took delivery in may 22

I never had any major changes. Engine, trim, or package… I basically just dropped tow.

what price protection should I have received? Thanks.
I believe, don't know for sure, and I'm probably wrong, but...

Your dealer would have needed click to "protection date" on smart vincent and entered the order date, not the date of the actual sale/delivery date.

I ordered 11/05/21 and today took delivery. My dealer used "protection date" and we'll see what happens!!

They didn't seem to know about the protection date option on the smart vincent but seemed genuine about it. Smaller dealership, maybe bigger dealer would see more of that?
Sponsored