Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think my opinion is just the opposite. I haven't owned a wrangler before (always wanted to) but the idea of taking off the doors while cruising around the beach sounds amazing to me. I also might upgrade to the 12" screen when my MY22 ordering starts. I plan to keep this thing for 10 years and might as well include technology that will be the norm in the future.
I've had 2 wranglers, you'll love going doorless and topless
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
1) As someone who owns a convertible I can tell you the sun on your head can get old in certain circumstances. To me the ability to remove the doors and leave the top up is a preferable way to go open.

2) A good car entertainment system can SIMPLIFY things. If you are running Apple CarPlay, you can access phone functions with the 12" screen in a simplified user interface. So it can actually make things less distracting.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Taco bell
Golden Corral
Miller, bud, and the like
Chicago bears

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I disagree on the doors - intend to take them off my two door when summer cruising around the cabin. As for the 12” display, I think it would make it difficult to see when driving at night (meaning your eyes will be adjusted to bright light in the cabin rather than the darkness outside). 8” is therefore more practical and should result in statistically fewer wildlife collisions. That’s my theory, anyway.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No use for a 12" or an 8" display. The 8" in my wife's F-150 is already huge and annoying. If there was a technology delete option I'd take it.

Doors off? Will probably do it once or twice a year. Not a real draw.

Hard top convertible is a draw. Most important thing about the Bronco is it's a Stick Shift. If it didn't come as a stick, I'd buy another Mustang instead.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will keep the doors off has much as the fickle ass weather in Iowa will allow. And I will go topless as much as possible too..

I wouldn’t buy a bronco and wait through all this crap if the bronco was just another SUV...

I went with the 12 in screen because ....

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm way out at see here.....I think the majority of the available options are way overrated for their price......there isn't enough information to warrant a 12" screen. I don't need the cameras, heated seats/steering wheel.......I see the stabar disconnect and trail turn assist as things that will break and be uber expensive to repair. Ford has done an excellent job showcasing this vehicle. I don’t think I've ever seen do many people dropping this kind of money on what I see as bling. I've never had these things and I see the draw but I'm not going to miss any of the features. Heated seats are awesome for sure in NE Ohio but they can be purchased aftermarket for a way better deal.....for me, I'll keep thousands of dollars in my pocket for other things I love. Taking the money out of the equation, I still want the manual in the end so most of the bling isn't available anyway.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I had no choice. 12 in screen means I'm in the wrong price level, and besides I spend all day, 10hrs a day in front of multiple screens as a Desktop Analyst and I just want to listen to the air and occasional sports and classic rock. Now I dont mind taking the doors off. My main purpose is to exchange them for aftermarket doors.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeaaaa you're right. You should cancel and get like a Kia or something.
Someone hasn’t been in a Kia lately. It’s like being in a European luxury vehicle, and we only have the second of four Telluride trims. First two trims have an 8-inch screen that to me seems huge, and shit tons of tech. Upper two trims have a 10.3-inch screen.

I’m sure you can see more and do more on screens that are bigger. I just need to see what music is playing and have Bluetooth. I don’t have time to play Frogger, Google egg salad recipes, and check my Expedia score simultaneously while driving a manual Bronco. My last Bronco had a cassette player, and the one before that had no radio.

I work all day in front of two computer screens bouncing from app to app, document to document, email to email, Zoom meeting to Zoom meeting. I am hoping the Bronco will be the polar opposite of being at work.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im just the opposite. Door off a lot, the top will probably never be taken off.

ThunderMtn

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) I have twin tween daughters. Next summer we’ll be rollin’ the neighborhood, friends loaded in as well, ice cream in hand, terrible pop music cranked …and doors back in the garage. They will LOVE it! If it was just me? Whatever…

#Broncolife

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've owned 4 jeeps in the past and one samurai. My doors typically come off in June and don't go back on until October. I also ran my 90 bronco without a top all summer. Plan on doing the same with my 21 bronco. I've always loved the open road feel since my first 1978 CJ7. I typically run a canopy top to keep the sun off and keep a cover with me for when bad weather hits. Never really had a problem going that route.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every one of us is ordering what suits us. Base squatch for me, but if others up in here want different options, good for them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every one of us is ordering what suits us.
Subject to compromise due to Ford's limited options.

I'm ordering a Base, MT, in Rapid Red, 2.3 ecoboost.

I'd much rather have a Base with a naturally aspirated V8, Brittany Blue, or Bright Yellow (code 64) and even less tech. The stereo/music system in my 2006 Mustang would be perfectly adequate. But Ford won't give me one without a stupid touchscreen, so I'll take the smallest one possible.
Sponsored