First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let me first off say sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 23 bronco Wildtrak completely loaded They’re willing to go 5500 bucks under MSRP.
my question is for people that own this particular vehicle how are you feeling after putting some miles on it? I’m coming from a jeep gladiator and a wrangler so I get. The noise thing .
How’s the drive ability long distance, freeway speeds, etc. any pros and cons I should know about?
seems like it’s gonna be quite the upgrade from the Mojave that I’m currently driving
Any insight would help thank you in advance and again sorry if I posted this in the wrong place
Sponsored

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I've had my 24 since May 10.

• Don't be afraid to negotiate if you're buying a 23. In the end you're helping them. I got my 24 that had been on their lot about a month for nearly $5k under MSRP.
  • I drove 6.5 hours to get mine and have had a lot of time in the last two weeks, just about 1400 total. Very happy with the comfort, at least for me much more comfortable than the Jeeps but in fairness every body type is different and comfort is very subjective.
  • The noise is not nearly as bad for me as I was expecting it to be. Also last weekend I installed the Armorlite floor which made a different in my opinion with road and tire noise. You still get some wind noise from the top but it isn't as bad as I was expecting reading through others experiences.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's a Jeep conquest deal out there too, so make sure they add that to the 5500 off. To answer your question, I've only been on one long trip, 1k miles round trip to Tennessee and back. Drive was fine, no issues except mileage dropped with the speedway thru Atlanta and the foothills of Tennessee if you plan on keeping your speed (I have a manual and 2.3).

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Compared to the Wrangler, it will be a luxury ride in the highway. Tracks better, more comfortable seats, more room inside, smoother ride.

Go get it.

Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My father has a Jeep, and my brother-in-law has a gladiator. They are both awesome, but any sasquatch 2.7L Bronco is hands down better. If you wheel often, and like rocks, a badlands may be better for you than the wildtrak because it has the on the fly push button sway bar disconnect. Good luck with the purchase!!

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We had one and it was great. Took several long road trips without issue. Comfortable and easy to drive even at TX hwy speeds.

Towed a small uhaul trailer over 500 miles with ease.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve done several 1000 mile+ roadtrips and it’s on par with any “truck.” It’s no sedan, but rides just as smooth, and coming from a Jeep it’s definitely more comfortable. So if you’re fine in a Wrangler, you’ll love the ride.

Never been sore or cramped after a 12 hour drive.

that’s all subjective, but it’s easy to drive and has great passing power as well.

Can’t remember anyone here ever having regret other than needing more room for kids, so if you’re good there then pull that trigger.

Sandy56

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a ‘22 Squatch OBX 2.7L and absolutely love it. Just did two 650 mile trips and was very comfortable. Great on the highway at 75. I definitely prefer the Bronco to Jeeps. My dad has a 4door JK and it rides worlds better. I rent cars a lot of work and have had both the JL and Gladiator, definitely rides better than both. I absolutely would look into it

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They drive down the interstate like a 1/2 ton truck.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our ‘22 Gladiator drove better than any previous Jeep I had driven. The Bronco is much better in a crosswind and with the hardtop, the db level at 70+ mph is exactly the same.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '22 4dr Badlands Sasquatch Soft top, with Lux package and marine grade vinyl seats. A little over 40k miles.

Just did a 2 week long 5500 mile road trip with me, the gf and the dog.

I initially had trouble getting the seats to be comfortable for me, but after adding seat jackers and lowering the seating position a bit, it's much more comfortable now.

Wind noise is tolerable (even in the soft top) until you get over about 70mph. Then it gets exponentially louder 😅

Gas mileage sucks, but that's expected... Says so right on the window sticker.

The B&O system is mediocre at best. I replaced all of the speakers and am much happier now.

There is a "Bronco Tax" on pretty much all mods. Seems like anything you could do to a Jeep, will cost you about double(or more) on a Bronco.

If you can accept all those things, you will get a vehicle that rides great on and off road. Has been (for me) very reliable. The only issue I've had is my passenger rear window sometimes doesn't auto roll up. And just recently my passenger front window started whistling in high winds. ( But I think I can fix that)

It's a great vehicle, but it has it's flaws, like anything else.

CitrusBronco

Everglades
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former 72 & 73 Bronco driver, f250 7.3 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As a model year 23 I think you should be getting $6k below msrp minimum, this is based on what I have been seeing them advertised for in my state.

I have the 4 dr Sasq, auto, 2.3 and it has surprised me at how well it does on the hwy, It jumps right up to 78mph before I know it at 2200 rpm. I expected at this speed it to be much higher rpm, I back it down to 1900 rpm at around 65 mph to get best mileage. Have not had it on the interstate yet for a long trip so I can't comment on long range seating position comfort yet.

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a '22 4dr Badlands Sasquatch Soft top, with Lux package and marine grade vinyl seats. A little over 40k miles.

Just did a 2 week long 5500 mile road trip with me, the gf and the dog.

I initially had trouble getting the seats to be comfortable for me, but after adding seat jackers and lowering the seating position a bit, it's much more comfortable now.

Wind noise is tolerable (even in the soft top) until you get over about 70mph. Then it gets exponentially louder 😅

Gas mileage sucks, but that's expected... Says so right on the window sticker.

The B&O system is mediocre at best. I replaced all of the speakers and am much happier now.

There is a "Bronco Tax" on pretty much all mods. Seems like anything you could do to a Jeep, will cost you about double(or more) on a Bronco.

If you can accept all those things, you will get a vehicle that rides great on and off road. Has been (for me) very reliable. The only issue I've had is my passenger rear window sometimes doesn't auto roll up. And just recently my passenger front window started whistling in high winds. ( But I think I can fix that)

It's a great vehicle, but it has it's flaws, like anything else.
It says "gas mileage sucks" on the window sticker?
Sponsored