First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
25 years after the fact, that thing was loud and fast, we guessed a minimum of 180 mph in the middle of the day and I thought we were pushing our luck. Thinking back, I think my friend had already chipped and underdrove the supercharger so closer to 300 hp and aero limited to around 170, we were doing at least 165 when we were overtaken... Fastest I've ever been, I bumped my Volvo limiter at 155 and my Lincoln MKVIII with different gears could match the Volvo to terminal velocities...
Sponsored

Olaf

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch 2dr. 96FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lame. True, but lame.

20211222_103621.jpg

NoaWhay

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Speed governor news is disappointing... IMHO it's far more dangerous to be in the middle of a pass and have the vehicle decide to chop power and not accelerate vs. the chance of a tire issue for a second or two above a tires rated limit.

There are plenty of incredibly dangerous things that can be done with a 5,000+ pound SUV, ultimately we have to trust ourselves and others to not be reckless rather than have corporate policy decide exactly what thresholds are safe vs. not-safe.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speed governor news is disappointing... IMHO it's far more dangerous to be in the middle of a pass and have the vehicle decide to chop power and not accelerate vs. the chance of a tire issue for a second or two above a tires rated limit.

There are plenty of incredibly dangerous things that can be done with a 5,000+ pound SUV, ultimately we have to trust ourselves and others to not be reckless rather than have corporate policy decide exactly what thresholds are safe vs. not-safe.
The reason, tires go will shred themselves. There’s 0 reasons for a “quick” overpass over 100mph. That’s just a terrible risk assessment and by chance if you thought that is reasonable then that limiter is for you. So when your tires rip themselves apart you don’t try to sue. Where there’s a rule there’s a story

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

NoaWhay

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reason, tires go will shred themselves. There’s 0 reasons for a “quick” overpass over 100mph. That’s just a terrible risk assessment and by chance if you thought that is reasonable then that limiter is for you. So when your tires rip themselves apart you don’t try to sue. Where there’s a rule there’s a story
Simply incorrect. And if you think your tires are going to spontaneously combust (or shred) as soon as you hit 102, your risk aversion level is off the charts.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They exist because not every tire can go 200mph, they will rip apart. Off-road type tires have very low speed rating typical cutting off on the 100mpg mark or at least around there. Plus if you plan on going 120 on 35s you are just crazy
How about desert racing? Baja style stuff?

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know in motorcycle racing there are classes where you have to run "DOT" tires...which where slightly modified slicks with minimal tread to satisfy DOT. I roadraced for 8 years with WSMC, AFM and WERA.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far that's the highest I've gotten my 2.3 Bronco

Ford Bronco Top speed limiter AKA Governor 20221208_212236
What? How at 2,000 rpm? I was just topped out at 106mph 2 days ago on the highway. For anyone who wants to complain about how fast I was going, apparently you have never driven on the highway in Florida… lol your mpg is what I’m getting

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What? How at 2,000 rpm? I was just topped out at 106mph 2 days ago on the highway. For anyone who wants to complain about how fast I was going, apparently you have never driven on the highway in Florida… lol your mpg is what I’m getting
Lol it’s clearly fake