Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE: I got the dreaded call today from the dealership stating the engine has failed and will need to be replaced. I have heard of this happening with some of the 2.7s but not many 2.3s. I have owned it for less than a month and babied it the whole time. Only had 625 miles on it.

Original post:
I picked up my 2.3L 4 Dr OBX Sasquatch from Stephens just before Christmas and have put 600 miles. It has lived up to my lofty expectations so far. This morning a “low oil pressure” alert came on as I was close to home. I checked the oil when I got home and it has plenty of oil. There are no apparent leaks. I used the FordPass app to coordinate having it towed to the local dealer. It is being serviced tomorrow and I will know more then. Disappointing to say the least with it only being a month old.

Ford Bronco UPDATE- 2.3 Engine Failure C47A763A-8E95-4594-9A0A-0088EDE1A271
Sponsored

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately, they were able to get you worked in quickly. I would have expected to wait a few weeks.

OP
OP
RyanM

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear this. Does it still turn over or was it unable to start after the alert?
It still turns over and seems to run fine. The tow truck driver drove it onto the tow truck. Hopefully nothing major but concerning nonetheless.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Serviced in a day is a BIG win. Hopefully nothing serious, good luck and please report back.
PS: tow truck and Bronco are all matchy-matchy!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a faulty sending unit or something minor. Hopefully have you back on you way really soon.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That sucks hope its something simple fix like a software or hardware issue.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

I'm a bit bothered that an oil pressure gauge is not available. -Turbo Boost, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Outside Temp, Voltage- but not the most important-Oil Pressure, sad. Probably because of ASS we'd all be freaking out constantly.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it's a faulty sensor but low oil pressure is quite often a sign of some other engine issue

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, did it stay on when they drove it on the tow towtruck?

So so, that's good, if not, I'd be surprised if they say anything other than "could not re-create problem".

OP
OP
RyanM

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sucks, did it stay on when they drove it on the tow towtruck?

So so, that's good, if not, I'd be surprised if they say anything other than "could not re-create problem".
Yeah, the light and alert came on again when they drove onto the tow truck.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my 2.3L 4 Dr OBX Sasquatch from Stephens just before Christmas and have put 600 miles. It has lived up to my lofty expectations so far. This morning a “low oil pressure” alert came on as I was close to home. I checked the oil when I got home and it has plenty of oil. There are no apparent leaks. I used the FordPass app to coordinate having it towed to the local dealer. It is being serviced tomorrow and I will know more then. Disappointing to say the least with it only being a month old.

Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? I can take a look into things about your Bronco on my end.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck buddy. Hoping this is the first and last time this issue occurs. If it happens again, please record and share an audio clip of the noise you described.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE: I got the dreaded call today from the dealership stating the engine has failed and will need to be replaced. I have heard of this happening with some of the 2.7s but not many 2.3s. I have owned it for less than a month and babied it the whole time. Only had 625 miles on it.

Original post:

Man that's a bummer. So much for me holding onto the notion that the 2.3 engine is bullet proof. Did your dealer give any more information other than "the engine failed" ?
Sponsored