Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be curious to see torque numbers off a dyno comparing stock 33” or 35” tires to 37” tires and if 37” tires really put out that much more torque?

Since, quality was mentioned I’ll add the following. I was doing suspension maintenance on my 13’ Ford Focus so I went ahead and visually just compared tie rods off the Focus and the 23’ Bronco. The Bronco doesn’t really seem to have beefier tie rods. The inner is shorter on Bronco and longer on the outer but as for as thickness they are the same. I know a lot mention it’s best to have tie rod break on Bronco over the rack which makes sense most of the time. Is that an official Ford engineer’s explanation or is it mostly Ford fan boys just saying that? I’m sure Jeeps have tie rods break as well.

IMG_4458.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any mod gives Ford an out.
I don’t disagree but Ford also promotes modding the Bronco. The fender liners are engraved with “lift me baby.” Maybe they were being ironic and didn’t mean it literally.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At work and can't go look, but aren't the upper rear links at different spots on the axle tube? Seems like the spacing is not the same from center on each side. If so, is this part of the twisting issue? Are both tubes breaking the weld, or has it been only one side, and if so, are they all breaking on the same side?

They may not be, just seems like last time I was under there I noticed they didn't seem to be spaced the same from the diff.

Dmag

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco /f250/lx450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems like a good time for someone to market weld on axel gussets. ? Can you not just clean the spot weld pull some measurements reweld and modify some gussets for Jeep rear axel.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At work and can't go look, but aren't the upper rear links at different spots on the axle tube? Seems like the spacing is not the same from center on each side. If so, is this part of the twisting issue? Are both tubes breaking the weld, or has it been only one side, and if so, are they all breaking on the same side?

They may not be, just seems like last time I was under there I noticed they didn't seem to be spaced the same from the diff.
All I can say is JBM Off Road did my install and looked over the truck on two different occasions and everything checked out. All my suspension parts are RPG who also looked over the truck twice before I’ve taken it out. So I have no idea

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Option 2 - replace it and post it on bring a trailer.
Wouldn't be an option for me though I've got a spare vehicle or two. Nope for me I would just pick up where Ford left off & make it better. YMMV 🤠

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't be an option for me though I've got a spare vehicle or two. Nope for me I would just pick up where Ford left off & make it better. YMMV 🤠
I have over $30k into this build now. Not stoked to drop another potential $10k on axles already

Baja_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys, just thought I’d post this so anyone else considering running 37’s at least knows the risks going into it. I just passed 1200 miles on my 23 Bronco, took it out Sunday only for the second time on some mild trails. I came outside Monday morning to oil dripping from my rear diff. I immediately took it to Ford for diagnosis since I thought maybe it was a bad seal. It turns out (Ford claims) my 37” tires caused too much torque on the rear axle and caused it to twist, breaking the plug welds and bending the axle tube by the wheel.

I am an open book so for sake of clarity, I have never used the TTA function. I have however engaged the rear locker on the trail. I wouldn’t have even known there was a problem with the truck if I didn’t see fluid on the ground under the rear diff. As of right now I’m told warranty won’t cover the repair so just a heads up to anyone else with high expectations for off road performance and durability, this isn’t the truck. I’ve attached some photos for reference.

Ford Bronco Update: Rear Axle Tube  - 1200 Miles Warranty Covered IMG_4303

It’s gonna happen more and more. Watch it’s not going to be isolated to running a bigger, tire or aftermarket suspension.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have over $30k into this build now. Not stoked to drop another potential $10k on axles already
Nor should you be. I'm in it for the long haul so my thinking is probably different than most.
To me it's my boat-- Bust out another thousand 🤠

Good luck to you. Just think it through & see what makes sense to you.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t disagree but Ford also promotes modding the Bronco. The fender liners are engraved with “lift me baby.” Maybe they were being ironic and didn’t mean it literally.
I agree with you. I’ve seen too many threads like this on the Jeep forum since I bought my wife one a few years back.

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bring it in for warranty work.......Then you should return to stock configuration. Not that it is legitimate. However, if you want it covered without an excuse to complain about Ford's responsibility.🤣

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bring it in for warranty work.......Then you should return to stock configuration. Not that it is legitimate. However, if you want it covered without an excuse to complain about Ford's responsibility.🤣
Too late for that. They had already seen my truck and complimented how much they liked it, until I had to bring it in for repair.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It's always gonna break the L one, because the panhard is mounted to the RH side

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should the Kraken be summoned? Not much different than ADMs on Reservation Holders.
37s are the new 33s and are not the reason this happened. Burden of proof lay with the manufacture.
I'm not excusing bad axle plug welds, but when did 37's become 33s? Maybe in terms of style, but 37s used to be considered large tires, often worthy of upgraded axles. I think some people are pushing it with stock axles and the ever increasing tires sizes.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's kind of dumb that Ford won't stand behind their product. Especially when they advertise that you should lift it which implies putting bigger tires etc on it.
Sponsored