First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Dakota Customs offers a swap with an upgraded clutch, anyone else offer manual Hemi swaps?
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Donā€™t think we arenā€™t working on it. Unlike others that have tried installing the drivetrain and then making it work, weā€™ve been carefully looking at the electronic side. Maybe itā€™ll happen, maybe it wonā€™t. The thing Iā€™m worried about the most is that there isnā€™t actually a market for it. Itā€™s one thing to say you want it, but itā€™s another thing to drop $38k on a turnkey conversion. We do have a pretty solid plan on making it happens though, and it could be before the end of the year. Maybeā€¦
If you can swap me a Coyote AND figure out how to keep the HVAC recirculate from turning off, I'll get you the 38k.

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know Dakota Customs offers a swap with an upgraded clutch, anyone else offer manual Hemi swaps?
Yep
If you can swap me a Coyote AND figure out how to keep the HVAC recirculate from turning off, I'll get you the 38k.
Only way we will do it is if the entire dash work like it does now.

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, you do manual hemi swaps as well? Definitely keeping you in mind down the line then
Yes, using the G238. Let me know when youā€™re ready!

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This Australian company installs the Coyote V8 in the Ford Ranger with full electronics integration.
https://www.killaconversions.com.au/raptr8

I believe that if Ford brought the Bronco to Australia, these guys would be able to figure out how to marry up the Coyote with the Bronco modules because these trucks share many components.

Me wantšŸ˜

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoĀ® The Sasquatchā„¢ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's another Aussie performance tuning shop. They're currently working on a Ranger Raptor with the supercharged Coyote and 10R80 transmission. If I converted kw to hp correctly, this work-in-progress truck is making 507 hp at wheels. And most importantly, it sounds so damn good!

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only way we will do it is if the entire dash work like it does now.
The HVAC recirculate is the greatest mystery of all Bronco mysteries. I feel like my money is safe. ;)šŸ¤£

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t think we arenā€™t working on it. Unlike others that have tried installing the drivetrain and then making it work, weā€™ve been carefully looking at the electronic side. Maybe itā€™ll happen, maybe it wonā€™t. The thing Iā€™m worried about the most is that there isnā€™t actually a market for it. Itā€™s one thing to say you want it, but itā€™s another thing to drop $38k on a turnkey conversion. We do have a pretty solid plan on making it happens though, and it could be before the end of the year. Maybeā€¦
Yes! All the clowns claim they want it, but they arenā€™t about to pay for it

no matter how many bought fir cash vehicles theyā€™claimā€™

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Considering how many people are plopping down $20k for portals, I donā€™t think $35k for a swap will be that hard of a sale. Clearly thereā€™s enough Hemi swaps happening in Jeep world for some of these shops to maintain the service. There might not be enough Broncoā€™s on the street atm to support the offering, but Iā€™d think in 3-5yrs there will be.

Another thing to keep in mind is the shops that are partnered with dealerships. When youā€™re rolling the swap into your financing it makes a huge difference in the budgeting.

Sponsored

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Be a long while, still dont have a Daddiator, but first place Ill hit up once I do
Itā€™s a tough nut but makes the JT and entirely different vehicle. Hopefully we can pull off the V8 in the Bronco and get that soaks excitement back

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think part of the problem is that people are attempting to maintain some semblance of digital functionality with these swaps and it's essentially impossible unless you're a lead engineer at Ford. The other part is that you can't just drop a standalone crate engine into a Bronco and expect anything to work really, all the different modules are interconnected so you'd basically have to nuke it back to the stone age and aftermarket everything back. You can't even make the windows roll down or lights turn on without a module helping because the switches aren't analog anymore. The physical swap and getting clearance/angles right isn't really all that difficult, it's retaining any semblance of functionality with the rest of the vehicle after you do the swap.

Our best bet for a realistic swap is if someone figured out how to either trick the electronics into thinking that a 3.0L is a 2.7L or that it's supposed to have a 3.0L via Forscan/FDRS and a raptor VIN, similar to how people are doing 3.0 steering rack conversions. I don't think that would be feasible with a completely different engine like a Coyote. Would love to see it happen with a 3.5L, but I think that would fall into the same category as the Coyote.
Actually, you could probably swap almost all of the 2.7 electronics onto the 3.5 and it would likely work just fine. The only trick would perhaps be sizing the injectors so that the factory 2.7 maps would be close (and that may not be needed). I believe that the maps would otherwise have enough range to sort themselves out.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yeah, I think 98% of the guys, that say they want a V8, are talking about it in terms of the $1370 5.0 option on the F150.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, you could probably swap almost all of the 2.7 electronics onto the 3.5 and it would likely work just fine. The only trick would perhaps be sizing the injectors so that the factory 2.7 maps would be close (and that may not be needed). I believe that the maps would otherwise have enough range to sort themselves out.
So you're saying that if I sized the injectors right, my 2.7L map could theoretically run a 3.5L from the GT
Sponsored