First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco sport will sell like hot cakes. Might get it for the wife once the Civic is paid off. But the whole sub-compact line has exploded last few years.

Bronco Sport
Jeep Compass
Subaru Forester
Kia Seltos
Chevy Trailblazer
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Mazda CX - 30
Toyota Corolla Cross

I think the bronco is definitely the most capable. And the 1.5 is on par with all those. However NONE of the others have anything close to the 2.0

Last edited:

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco sport is definitely a whole different animal than the 2 Dr & 4 Dr. It definitely has it's place though. Reminds me of my old 2006 Escape(albeit much better looking). Boxy look and that thing was a tank in the snow. I loved that thing.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s cute. The Cherokee can tow 4500 lbs with the 3.2 pentastar though. Subaru is in that segment too. If I were considering I’d have to shop the options before buying.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

styling wise it's too bubbly for me. considering it's competition, it's a real contender. only problem competition is the people devoted to the rav4 and crv. the toyota and honda devotes. the bronco sport i think will steal escape and maybe even explorer sales.

Sponsored

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it is looking like a great car. I was shopping in this segment before deciding to be patient and wait for the Bronco.

In my opinion, all the current suvs in that segment are more sporty than rugged in terms of styling and performance. The bronco sport is not really rugged in performance but it is fine enough to go camping, like any car. The styling and design though is boxier, more reminiscent of a downsized Land Rover.

Details like the storage on the back, and under seats, being able to store your bikes inside your car, and gimmicks like the bottle opener help differentiate it.

If it has good safety ratings and they come up with a hybrid/phev this will sell like hot cakes to moms and young couples. If I had kids I would seriously consider this.

Ultimately just think, how many people buy either a Jeep Liberty, Cherokee or Renegade, that is all the people who will cross shop the sport. Add to that the people who want to buy a jeep but don’t want to buy FCA and at least for the first year Ford will hit great figures.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. It’s competing in a very hot segment and brings a lot to the table so I’m expecting it to do well.

I’m still getting a regular Bronco though.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a reservation in for a first edition sport, it will replace my wife's Subaru Forester XT.
I'm torn though, I really would like the full size but I think it's too big for her (she striped both sides of our Chevy Silverado when we had one- LOL). If you go over to the www.broncosportforum.com it's kind of dead over there, all of the action is on this forum. Makes me wonder if I'm making the right decision.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going to recommend it to everybody who's looking for a Subaru Outback/Crosstrek

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a reservation in for a first edition sport, it will replace my wife's Subaru Forester XT.
I'm torn though, I really would like the full size but I think it's too big for her (she striped both sides of our Chevy Silverado when we had one- LOL). If you go over to the www.broncosportforum.com it's kind of dead over there, all of the action is on this forum. Makes me wonder if I'm making the right decision.
I just don’t think lots of people are going crazy over another compact/subcompacts suv, it is just not an enthusiasts cars. Wait 9 months, and everybody on r/cars and r/whatcarshouldibuy will be suggesting this to people shopping in this segment that don’t want “a regular mom car” which it will end up being.

Sponsored

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I test drove a Crosstrek and the tiny 152hp engine didn't impress me. The 2021 Crosstrek will have an optional 182 hp engine. If I were in the market for a crossover, I'd consider the Bronco Sport for the larger engine and 4x4. It also reminds me of the early Escapes. But I'm going for the 2-dr Bronco.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s cute. The Cherokee can tow 4500 lbs with the 3.2 pentastar though. Subaru is in that segment too. If I were considering I’d have to shop the options before buying.
the Cherokee is substantially bigger. It’s main competition is the Escape not Sport.
Escape Vs Cherokee
Bronco Sport vs Compass

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s what the Escape should have been in 2020. But, given that it’s based on the actual Escape and the first couple model years of that have been reviewed very poorly, I’m not too keen on it. Also, it’s built in Mexico. I prefer to keep it to USA, Germany, or Japan.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As several posters have mentioned it's Ford's shot across the bow to Subaru.
Subaru is definitely sweating with the Forrester right now. The forrester has become so boring lately
Sponsored