Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP dude, post a pic.
^This.

OP is getting a lot of shit here, but a picture of his trailer and hitch would go a long way toward people being able to help…
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Idk what you are pulling but every boat trailer Ive towed with my Bronco has required taking off the tire so the safety pin doesnt hit the tire/bottom of tailgate
Is all you have to do is by an extension, doesn’t take a “genius” to figure that out.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP is getting a lot of crap here, but a picture of his trailer and hitch would go a long way toward people being able to help…
Nah, we're here to ridicule...

...at least for the stuff with obvious easy solutions like this one.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who the F### at Ford design the rear of the Bronco to make it f%%%%ng useless for towing unless you remove the spare tire every time

*I have factory tow package
It doesn't matter because Donkies are pretty much useless for towing anything !

Sponsored

#1Broncogirl

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Broncos, F250, E350, D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who the F### at Ford design the rear of the Bronco to make it f%%%%ng useless for towing unless you remove the spare tire every time

Yes it’s a pain in the A**, but if you just use a short hitch extension that helps.. I agree whoever designed that section obviously never towed anything before🤔😢

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That, or you can get an extender.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want solutions, I just want to be angry.

This is useful at least in that I'll have to check it the hitch I use on the Flex is incompatible with the Bronco. Never considered the spare getting in the way because we normally use the Flex for towing anyway

Sponsored

Scoop

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '74, '76, & '78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco was designed for off-road use. It was not designed to be a tow vehicle. Same general design as a Wrangler. It works fine with a short extension.

OP needs to apologize to the Ford engineers for an uninformed post.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've pulled my teardrop trailer and also my quad trailer since day 1 with no issues,well only issue is can't open rear door when pulling trailer because they thought copying Jeep would be smart instead of a drop down tailgate :mad:
Wouldn't a drop down tailgate just smash into the hitch? On the F150 there is a bit more vertical space to accommodate the hitch, but with the lower load floor of the Bronco there is limited space.

I guess you would be able to crack the tailgate a bit, but that would still be really awkward to remove items from.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had to remove the spare to tow a small camper with an electric jack that was in the way. I also had to remove it to tow a U-haul 6x12 enclosed trailer. Did not have to remove to tow an open motorcycle trailer from Uhaul.

What gets me is the location of the wiring - I've had to remove the wiring bracket to get my bike rack threaded pin in.
Is it a One-up rack? I noticed the same lack of space, but I was able to sneak the pin up and over the 7 pin connector to get it in the hole.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would have been interesting how a drop down tailgate with spare tire would have worked on a Bronco.
Would have to be an external tire carrier that still swings to the right, mounted to the bumper. At least that's how the older ones did it.

I wonder what crash rating stuff came into play when choosing which tailgate/carrier design to go with?
Sponsored