Sponsored

What is the realistic worst case scenario?

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
30k MY2021? That seems like best case at this point.
i think they are close to half way there now, if not there already.
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
The chip shortage is a much bigger issue than the tops. Show me links to other car manufacturers where they are communicating any better with customers. Heck, for that matter, show me any industry (Vehicles, TV’s, computers…) communicating with their customers.
Well the difference is that other industries don't typically accept reservations for new products, if it isn't in stock because of delays then you either wait or you purchase something else that is in stock if you are impatient.

As I said in my other post, why accept reservations and a deposit when you have no guarantee when you can deliver the product. Ford is using the same practices as a sh!tty start up company on go fund me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes and no…they have plenty of chips to make vehicles is true; HOWEVER, not enough to fulfill orders. Case and point…most broncos ordered have a lot of “bells and whistles” and Ford is delaying the production to make Base 4dr soft ops for dealers….why? Because they use less chips. People who ordered lower level 4dr soft tops without the “bells and whistles” are getting their Broncos sooner.
I suspect there is something in this, however they may also be conserving the bells and whistles for customer builds when they can build them.

There may be some issue with chips or quality in the 4A system, because dealer builds are not supposed to be w/ 4A.

Didn’t the supplier (Borg-Warner or someone) have a plant torn apart by a hurricane last year, and that was going impact Ford transfer cases?

Either way, anything Ford says these days is met with a lot of side-eye by me. They’ve gone back on some things voluntarily (x-plan, allocations v reservations), and have been forced on others.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly not taking this personal because I've got a Big Bend or order, but why would you say it's an unpopular trim? Is this your humble opinion or wtf? And while you're rolling, which other trims in addition to the BB are unpopular? Not trying to start shit, but I don't know what data you could be using to come up with your observation. Enlighten us, please... with your 13th post.
I don't think his comment had negative intensions. I think he's outlining the fact that some models have option limits. There's no reason they couldn't package the Base, Big Bend and Black Diamond as one model with build options.

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Worst case for others they finish out 2021 with only first editions everyone else gets pushed to 2022. Worst case for everyone they stop building completely until 2022 production starts in December.

Sponsored

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delta and Lambda (google it) variant explode because the un-vaccinated can only think about themselves and not as everyone as a whole.

Country and the world shut down again and the Bronco will shut down. And the GEN2 Bronco will be released in 2024 with a better interior so peeps can't compain about all the plastic interior. And will go through this again until the next variant explodes because of the un-vaccinated.
I think your spike proteins are flaring up.

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst case for me was apathy. I got so sick of waiting and delays that I lost all enthusiasm. Ill probably still get one down the road, but Im waiting on next gen 4Runner. The roof is what made the Bronco appealing to me and I feel like it is more trouble than they are worth at this point.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they will keep pumping out 2,500 a week until Thanksgiving with maybe 1 or 2 pauses to let certain commodities catch up. The line will run, it just might not be what everyone is wanting - that will be the angst. Build what you can is where we are and it might only be 20k customer orders. I think that is the worst case scenario.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask @Ford Motor Company . I own a Sept 65 Built Budd Bronco, I drove my first Shelby (66 Hertz) at the age of 17 years old, I've been a long time loyal Ford fan and consumer, and I have lost faith in the company all together.
It strikes me that the real focus of FORD and most car manufactures these days is EV's. The BRONCO project while exciting to us and many others is outside of the PC lane.
Sponsored