Sponsored

What is the realistic worst case scenario?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The chip shortage is a much bigger issue than the tops. Show me links to other car manufacturers where they are communicating any better with customers. Heck, for that matter, show me any industry (Vehicles, TVā€™s, computersā€¦) communicating with their customers.
Communication has become top priority alongside trucking in our industry. If we aren't in constant communication with customers and our haulers, customers run out of product and planes don't fly. Right now, the line between normal flight ops and complete chaos is razor thin. I am on the phone or emailing most of the day. Communication is even more crucial in today's environment.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Communication has become top priority alongside trucking in our industry. If we aren't in constant communication with customers and our haulers, customers run out of product and planes don't fly. Right now, the line between normal flight ops and complete chaos is razor thin. I am on the phone or emailing most of the day. Communication is even more crucial in today's environment.
Understandable, you must be in communication with business clients. I am referencing consumers. Constant communication in the B to B world is paramount in order keep them as a client; however, that is vastly different than the B to C world.

Take for example all those that reserved a corvette in 2019, they will be lucky to have it in 2022 and more than likely 2023.

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone accepts pre-orders on new productsā€¦.itā€™s partially how production is funded, silly! Itā€™s called Business 101!
It never used to be like that, maybe I'm old school, you would typically pre-order with the shop not directly with the manufacturer, I see the two being very different

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask @Ford Motor Company . I own a Sept 65 Built Budd Bronco, I drove my first Shelby (66 Hertz) at the age of 17 years old, I've been a long time loyal Ford fan and consumer, and I have lost faith in the company all together.
Same here, 9/65' u14, 10/65' u15, 12/70 71' in the garage, have owned another 66' and 71', an 81' Bronco, an 02' Excursion, 12' f350, 13' f250, 04' Ranger.............and if, if, this 21' two door Badlands somehow ever makes it to my driveway, it will be our last new Ford.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No problem. I have had a Porsche GT3 on order since April. They gave me production milestones within an hour of me placing my order and this is a car that only about 3000 will ever be made. It's no issue. They communicate effectively, accurately and timely. No excuses and yes it is a new model for them. Unlike Ford, they tested it for three years before announcement and were ready to go the day of the reveal. Ford is just F'd up beyond all comprehension. They are led by incompetent numb skulls and their poor performance is tolerated by the masses which perpetuates and condones their incompetence. (and just an FYI - the dealer delivery milestone below is normally scheduled too......I am just picking mine up from the factory in Zuffenhausen so that milestone is blank)

Ford Bronco What is the realistic worst case scenario? 5BC1178B-62A4-49A3-8A14-96602D91BA82
Apples to orange buddy. Congrats on that Bad ass ride.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understandable, you must be in communication with business clients. I am referencing consumers. Constant communication in the B to B world is paramount in order keep them as a client; however, that is vastly different than the B to C world.

Take for example all those that reserved a corvette in 2019, they will be lucky to have it in 2022 and more than likely 2023.
I see what you are saying, but a good chunk of our customers are consumers, themselves, end-users of the product. Like rich dudes who fly their own plane. I think it is just more how our industry has to operate. Some 'Essential' industries like mine haven't really slowed down over the last 18 months. Interesting times.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford never releases Raptor production numbers. They just include with the F-150 sales.

In the GEN3 press release, Ford said this:

F-150 Raptor has eclipsed the sales of other well-known performance icons. Over the last four years (2017-2020), the previous-generation Raptor cumulatively outsold Porscheā€™s entire lineup of sports cars and also outsold Chevroletā€™s Corvette.

One of 3000 compared to several hundred thousand? Cā€™mon, man! You sound intelligent yet you cant see a difference? For a matter of reference, more Broncos have been sold this year than all of Porcheā€™s line combined for 2021!! I guess Fordā€˜s incompetent numb skulls are doing something right? Maybe?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford <<>> Dealers = B to B, eh?

Dealers don't know shit; Customers don't know shit

Unless Ford is hangin' with the local Gypsy gal doing seances, they don't seem to be communicating with ANYONE!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is not experiencing anything much different than other car manufacturers, RV manufactures, motorcycle/OHV manufacturers, boat manufacturesā€¦.and the list goes on and onā€¦..

Do you see the empty lots at ALL NEW CAR DEALERS? Why do you think the used car, boat, rv, motorcycle/ohv prices are so high?

This is not a Ford problem, this is a global problem!
Go on and order a Jeep...you'll get it in 6 weeks, these Broncos have been "reserved" for over a year! Poor planning on Ford's part cannot be attributed to Covid or chip shortage completely.

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've come to the conclusion that I will let Lexus and Ford battle it out for my $$$$$. I'm ordering the new 2022 Lexus GX 460 with the off-road package. Whichever truck arrives first, will win this round. Round #2 maybe in 2024. Let the battle begin. I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW!
Sponsored