Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane šŸ˜¶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...

Because I promised my self that my family will never own Chrysler (Stellantis) made garbage.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've done two week long CO trips over the last two years with my 2 door balands manual. Not sure where you plan to off road but I didn't have any issues with Ophir, Red Mountain, Engineer, Imogene, or Mineral Creek Trail with my stock badlands on 33s. I was careful to try and not get myself into any situations where I would be potentially bending or breaking a tie rod and made sure to never use the front locker while turning sharply to not stress the CVs too much. Good tire placement, low crawl speed, and making use of the skid plates some made for a pretty good time!
I'll be hitting some trails in northern Colorado, such as this one up Poudre Canyon in Roosevelt National Forest, which for me will be a good test comparing my new Bronco to my CJs:

The guy in the video is playing up that trail as difficult, but I drove it many times in open diff CJs with 31" tires. (Choosing a good line was important.) I've had passengers get out and walk, refusing to drive up sections with me, so maybe my aversion to risk is lower than other people's, lol.

Anyway my Bronco has 35" tires and open diffs, so I'll be looking to see how well the IFS can follow the terrain compared to my CJs. I'll know right away on that trail if the Bronco is struggling compared to my other 4x4s.

Hope to find time to make it out to Ouray area, do easy Alpine Loop for scenery and some medium rated trails, not looking to break anything in my 2 month old Bronco. :) Good to hear your Bronco has performed well out there.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The F150 I bought in 1997 is still going after 400K miles. The Jeep Gran Cherokee I bought in 1999 started falling apart before I sold it in 2002 when I bought another F150 that would still be going strong today if my granddaughter didn't total it.

I always wanted a Jeep but I wanted Ford reliability so when the Bronco was announced I reserved it day two and waited two years for delivery. I've had it almost a year now.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few reasons:

We needed a vehicle to tow behind our motorhome and had planned on buying a Jeep but:

1) The Bronco is cool!
2) Iā€˜m 6ā€™6ā€ and donā€™t fit into Jeeps. Iā€˜ve got just enough room in my 2-door Bronco and itā€™s comfortable.
3) My older brother, who died unexpectedly a few years ago, owned a couple early Broncos and he and I did the Rubicon and other trails back In the 70ā€™s a few times so I always had an affinity for the early Broncos so when the 6G was announced it was a no brainer.
4) I hunt and fish a lot and do a bunch of Jeep trails getting to my spots in the mountains every year but I donā€™t recreational 4-wheel or rock crawl so the Bronco fit my needs and Iā€™ve taken it a ton of places my full size truck couldnā€™t have gone.

Sponsored

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had several Jeeps, the last one was a 16 JL Rubicon unlimited.
It was great off road but not nearly as nice on road.
The Bronco's seats are much more comfortable, it's roomier, it's quieter,
lots more power, my Jeep struggled up the long grades even with 456 gears.
Jeeps are nice, drive both and see which one fits your needs best.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I couldnt get rid of my 2 door or 4 door JLs, so now I have a Bronco and a JL and a JLU for two drivers. They are each so different and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Get one of each and you can't go wrong. I think the 2 door Bronco is perfect for everyday driving. The 4 door would probably have been too big.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Comfort (I'm 6'4")
  • Storage Space (Overlanding)
  • Drivability on the pavement (since most overlanding is on road)
  • Capable off road (Trails)
  • The classic name of Ford Bronco
I think it's apples and oranges. They are two different vehicles that thrive in two separate categories. The Bronco sits between Jeep and 4-Runner. Leaning more towards 4-Runner.

If I wanted something for rock crawling, Jeep would be my pick. For everything else, I'd go Bronco.
Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? Untitled design (2)

Last edited:

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane šŸ˜¶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
Nothing wrong with a Jeep, I've owned several. They are commonplace...thick as fleas out west. My brother in law is Ford sales guy and I got a great deal. Had mine since last October, no issues at all.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kinda simple for me had a cj5 in 79 that I kept for 8 yrs, beat the hell out of it had that thing stuck in mud up to its headlights at a local spot to many times to count but when I was done I went on to something else. My theory too many cool trucks and cars to keep buying same thing, this is first Bronco 2nd Ford Iā€™m shooting for 10 yrs weā€™ll see

Sponsored

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the way it looks.

I had a 95 Wrangler already.

I'm a wide body and it's roomier.

Wanted something new and the Wrangler is a bit long in the tooth.

---

From an overlanding point of view, that's not what I do. I'd say you'd do well in a Bronco, although I think the top on a Wrangler is sturdier if you're into the RTT thing. Otherwise, the Bronco is roomier, better on highways, et cetera et cetera. If you're on the shorter side (I'm 6' 3"), numerous vendors have lay flat beds that work well in the Bronco. I think that's tougher in the 2dr Wrangler.
The wrangler looks like cross between chiti chiti bang bang and model t..
I love pulling up next to a Wrangler and given the owner a "Hi Doing".. look

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rented a Jeep in Lanai Hawaii in Dec. 2020. Had a blast:

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? 1690579601196

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? 1690579821415

Stopped at Buick dealer in Feb 21 to buy a 2014 Wrangler they had sitting in front. Priced at $24k. Fortunately the window sticker was still in the glovebox. & said $27k. No way was I buying a 10 year old car for $3k below sticker.

Walked right across the street & got a Bronco Brochure.

Paid the $100 deposit online that week thinking I would have it in 2 or 3 months.

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My two cents.
  • 75%+ of my driving is on-road which the Bronco excels at.
  • My brand of off roading isn't extreme enough to reap all the benefits of a solid front axle.
  • Never seemed to fit well in a Wrangler at 6' 4".
  • Not a of fan the Wrangler interior although the 2024 refresh looks nice.
  • Happened to be in the market for a new car when the Bronco was annouced.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm both a ford and jeep guy. The bronco ride on road is day and night. Larger cabinet, seats are alot more comfortable, the over all look of the bronco is badass.
Sponsored